October 02, 2024, 03:18:20 PM

Author Topic: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott  (Read 32706 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 04:51:22 AM »
Well, obviously Scott will need to replace Grean's place in the wildabouts...perhaps this is what we've been waiting for: the chance for Scott to fuel musically with someone else.
I mean, Doug said it himself: its been 15 years working together...

This is about Scott needing to conquer his demons, I don't give a fuck about his musical output.  I want the guy to live.  The fact that the dude who we've gone as far as to accuse as enabling Scott and being super loyal to him can't play with him any more, just shows how bad it's gotten.  Keeping Scott and his family in my prayers.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 04:56:27 AM »
This decision by Grean probably says more about Scott's lifestyle and less about musical differences or anything like that.  Please, get it together Scott!
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 06:12:15 AM »
What if Scott let him go? You never know.  It could happen.  I mean, like my boss was laid off after 18 years with the company and sent an email saying he was offered an opportunity elsewhere.  Would Doug say he was fired? It's more believable that Doug quit than Scott letting him go.

Doug could also be super busy with his own bands and now with his studio. Again, we don't know. Scott's rep is so tarnished, it would be extremely difficult for the majority to believe good news. I don't know.

And there could be people jumping to conclusions. I mean a lot did with Robert DeLeo and all this pictures he was posting on his Twitter about recording and what not, most thought he was going to do something solo. And it ended up he's working with some female singer and whoever else he's posted about. Like yesterday, Shawn Tubbs.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 06:13:52 AM »
This is so surreal. I feel like this is some type of hypothetical scenario we would've talked about on here, like: "Well, if DOUG GREAN ever comes out and says he can't work with Scott anymore, that's when we'll know shit has gotten really bad."

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 06:49:37 AM »
You know what, I've always criticized Doug for being a hanger-on, but I've got to give him props if he left on his own.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »
This is so surreal. I feel like this is some type of hypothetical scenario we would've talked about on here, like: "Well, if DOUG GREAN ever comes out and says he can't work with Scott anymore, that's when we'll know shit has gotten really bad."

Anybody trying to rationalize this is insane.  If Robert, Dean, Eric, Slash, Duff, Matt, and Doug not wanting to play with him doesn't tell the story for people, I don't know what will.  Scott needs help before it's too late, trust me my stepdad died because of this shit.  Scott will need to make the decision to quit, and I pray he gets the strength to.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 08:29:52 AM »
I'm guessing if the decision was amicable, Doug's statement would've been different. If it were a firing, why release the photo? Doug quit; Scott and the Wildebeasts release a smiley photo. I'd be surprised if he were fired or it were amicable.

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 09:05:37 AM »
That Wildabouts photo was posted after midnight on Friday and Doug made his announcement Saturday, what, 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm?  Scott's page and the WB page finally has activity after being silent for months, and there's shows coming up in April. I don't understand what you guys see in the new WB picture, whether they're happy or sad, smiley or whatever.

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 03:34:13 PM »
 This is so surreal. I feel like this is some type of hypothetical scenario we would've talked about on here, like: "Well, if DOUG GREAN ever comes out and says he can't work with Scott anymore, that's when we'll know shit has gotten really bad."    R

eyes of disarray is completely right, Ive heard the atlanta interview from scott solo show 2009, was a grerat performance buy the way, scott was healthy, I know the suboxone interview from howard stern with doug and scott promoting happy in galoshes ,and I've read scotts book. you only have to read and listen to that interview, but only ready the scott not dead and not for sale book and you know what a bond these two guys had, he says he is best friend . he saved him countless times, saved him by listening and being a friend he could count on, during  the drama scott had with mary, doug drove scott to rehabs , scott forced doug to stay til in the morning in his high manic period, and they recorder 2 happy in galoshes songs.   to hear that doug quit ,and left the band, has left me quite in shock, or lets say, made me realize that his binges apparantly compoletely spirealed out of contral, and I wonder how long that scenario goes well. lool a t the kind of chinatown den picture, that brett posted. chasing synthetic dragons vicodin, tramadol,ultram oxycontin , cotton floating feelings, and alocohol... my guess what the cocktail is. very depressing and sad. always thought like so many times before, he comes back , he survives the storm, but metaphorically speaking, the riders in the storm have catched him, and its not a good polace where they taking him....
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:40:45 PM by Tom82 »

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »

Anybody trying to rationalize this is insane.  If Robert, Dean, Eric, Slash, Duff, Matt, and Doug not wanting to play with him doesn't tell the story for people, I don't know what will.  Scott needs help before it's too late, trust me my stepdad died because of this shit.  Scott will need to make the decision to quit, and I pray he gets the strength to.

Not only all the musicians you've listed have severed ties with him, but two wives too. The guy is incapable of sustaining any relationship, personal, professional or otherwise. Hard to see that changing after ~45 years. It is what it is. Still a huge fan of his talent, whatever is left of it.

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 03:35:52 PM »
nd I've written scotts book   , sorry, ironic misktake, I've read that  the book, like it, but it shows you the friendship those 2 guys had...

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 03:49:26 PM »
Some people will choose to believe what they want to believe, even when faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

IdahoSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 03:56:44 PM »
I talked with Danny Thompson yesterday and he said it was very unfortunate that Scott and Doug have had a falling out but they are moving forward with a four piece band and they are recording and he said by the way it sounds great. He also said Scott is doing great. He did mention Scott did want to move to a four man band. 

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2014, 06:39:28 PM »
Danny Thompson? Isn't he the guy who famously left the band last year due to "The Darkness," only to inexplicably return shortly thereafter?

I'm really sad about this news. As some of you have pointed out, Doug was more than a bandmate -- he was a friend. His statement speaks volumes.

Crazy as it might have been, I kinda got my hopes up when Scott started announcing shows this year. And now...

I'll always root for the guy, though -- no matter what.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 08:14:02 PM »
Dont know is this is a good thing or bad, its a head scratcher
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"