October 02, 2024, 11:25:29 AM

Author Topic: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott  (Read 32689 times)

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2014, 10:01:32 PM »
With the recent Scott gigs and news of recording has this offered any new insight as to why Doug has parted ways with them?

It's only been a week and a half's worth of shows, we don't really know where Scott is at with his demons.

Goodness, just kick back, jack. Enjoy that people are enjoying his shows and having a good time. What, your blog can't report on the positive, "Scott Supporter"?  Yes, we know you've said countless times you "want the man to get better". Awesome. But it's like you want him to screw up again so you can post a "Told you so."

Or ask Doug directly. Interview him on what's up with him now and what happened with Scott.

In the meantime, put your feet up and relax and enjoy.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2014, 02:49:15 AM »
With the recent Scott gigs and news of recording has this offered any new insight as to why Doug has parted ways with them?

It's only been a week and a half's worth of shows, we don't really know where Scott is at with his demons.

Goodness, just kick back, jack. Enjoy that people are enjoying his shows and having a good time. What, your blog can't report on the positive, "Scott Supporter"?  Yes, we know you've said countless times you "want the man to get better". Awesome. But it's like you want him to screw up again so you can post a "Told you so."

Or ask Doug directly. Interview him on what's up with him now and what happened with Scott.

a-fucking-men

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »

a-fucking-men

+1

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2014, 01:27:16 AM »
Somebody should go through this thread and count how many people need to eat their words.  ;)

Keep it up, Scott. You've made a great musical decision by cutting the excess noise and your vocals/solo band has never sounded better.

Keep on keepin' on the right track, can't wait to hear your new album this fall!!
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2014, 02:15:39 AM »
Somebody should go through this thread and count how many people need to eat their words.  ;)

Keep it up, Scott. You've made a great musical decision by cutting the excess noise and your vocals/solo band has never sounded better.

Keep on keepin' on the right track, can't wait to hear your new album this fall!!

Always hoping for the best for Scott, so I'll eat a shit sandwich full of words if it means he's doing good and making great music with great live shows.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2014, 03:13:14 AM »
I was wrong about this. It's looking like Scott made a good choice parting with Doug.

I'm right about Pepper though. He's still an idiot. ;)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2014, 05:29:14 AM »
S Weiland = Comeback kid.  Here I come, I come, I come. - s weiland

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2014, 02:20:20 PM »

This fall would be fantastic, but I bet it's more like Spring/Summer '15. If it means a kickass album, I can wait.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:25:00 PM by ShaneC »
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2014, 03:05:48 PM »

This fall would be fantastic, but I bet it's more like Spring/Summer '15. If it means a kickass album, I can wait.

Scott said in his latest interview from Canada that the album will be released in November...of course, it could be delayed, but apparently that is when it should be out.
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2014, 02:05:19 AM »

Scott said in his latest interview from Canada that the album will be released in November...of course, it could be delayed, but apparently that is when it should be out.

Yeah, Scott is known to say a lot of things. If he is able to stick to the November release date, that will be awesome. We'll have to wait and see.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

coo2

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2014, 02:26:59 AM »
As long as we can get a First Single in the very near future, then we can probably bet on that November release coming to fruition.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2014, 04:49:31 AM »
Hey Doug, remember when you lashed out at me about 4 or 5 years ago?

Yeah, FUCK YOU. I told you so. REAL TALK.
Back for another one

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2016, 06:21:49 AM »
I could only imagine what Doug is thinking or feeling now. Brett, any chance you could interview him?
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2016, 06:26:42 AM »
I could only imagine what Doug is thinking or feeling now. Brett, any chance you could interview him?

He posted a status saying scott was "a good man, a complicated man, but a good man"

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2016, 07:34:38 AM »

I could reach out, but I'm not sure how he feels about talking about Scott, or me for that matter after that little tiff we had a few years ago.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11