October 02, 2024, 05:28:37 PM

Author Topic: New Interview Richard Patrick talks Scott Weiland says hes sick and needs help!!  (Read 15082 times)

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
I think this interview was from last Spring/early Summer after Weiland was fired and CheSTP came on the scene.

Edit:  Here it is, from June 2013:
 http://www.1065.com/articles/end-sessions-473408/filter-performs-in-the-listener-lounge-11358639/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:36:36 PM by Blueberry »

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
The "leaf" analogy is perfect.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Well, look. Scott's either going to hit "rock bottom" and get himself clean like he did after jail in 1999 or he's going to die young, like Philip Seymour Hoffman. That's really it, I think.

About once a month my mind wanders and wonders if I will wake up one morning soon and it will be him dead. Most ODs occur from mixing drugs. So if Scott is still taking prescription meds and drinking all day, every day, the odds of an OD are pretty good.

Question is, what is rock bottom for him? It's not being fired from his only two bands. It's not lackluster sales for his solo release, low attendance for solo gigs, or poor performances.

Soooo will it be his kids not wanting to come around drunk-high daddy? Will it be embarrassing his kids? Will it be an OD he survives? Getting arrested again in a prescription pill raid?

I've no idea. If it is gonna happen, I hope it happens soon. Otherwise, we will all wake up that morning and finally hear....

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
All scott has to do is just make a killer straight forward rock album this year and id be happy. I hope hes in the studio right now writing new songs with the wildabouts. This is scotts chance to show everybody hes still got it. Im hoping this summer he releases something and goes out there sounding great, we need new music!

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Scott is not gonna make another killer album. He hasn't since 2001. He's weird now. His voice is damn awful and it's not get any better at this point.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott is not gonna make another killer album. He hasn't since 2001. He's weird now. His voice is damn awful and it's not get any better at this point.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

I actually think this is the case for all original members. I'll be surprised if anything better than mediocre comes from either side again. I don't say that to insult them, I just think this is the reality of it.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile

Not arguing with his apparent voice problems but Contraband and Libertad were both great albums and sold more than the last two STP albums combined.  I still think he has it, but he needs to get healthy first.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Had not seen or heard this and it was on the local station here in Charlotte, NC. Basically recorded 7 years after Richard was there with Army if Anyone when they did their promotional radio tour. I was there for the AoA show -- they played 5 or 6 songs -- and came away thinking they were going to be huge. I thought It Doesn't Seem To Matter was going to be a hit.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:13:12 AM by Long Way Home »

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
IMO, Libertad is one of the best albums Scott has done period. Great melodies and lyrics on that cd.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

Scott's voice may not sound as good as it used to, but he still sounded great on BOTH Velvet Revolver albums, Self Titled, Happy In Galoshes, and his Christmas album. 

He just can't tour FIVE days a week.  At his age, with the damage he's done to himself, his voice can't handle the abuse of daily shows... but as far as albums go, he certainly still has it. 

IMO, Libertad is one of the best albums Scott has done period. Great melodies and lyrics on that cd.

I agree.  Always was a fan of VR, and saw it as his second chance at greatness (which it was).  They just got too big too fast and burnt themselves out, and considering the personalities involved, it was a miracle they made it as long as they did.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:26:53 AM by STEAK »
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I would also agree that studio Scott and live Scott are two drastically different performers.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

kurt34

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
I heard Lithium Oritate works for coming off of herion and for even military with PTSD on hydrocodone, oxycodone, methadone and morphine.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott's voice may not sound as good as it used to, but he still sounded great on BOTH Velvet Revolver albums, Self Titled, Happy In Galoshes, and his Christmas album. 

I agree with most of this but strongly disagree with him sounding "great" on the Christmas album. He sounded "pretty good" on 2-3 of the songs; the rest were garbage. He sounded drunk and lazy, wobbling in and out of tune, and going way overboard impersonating old Christmas crooners. It was far from great.

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

I agree with most of this but strongly disagree with him sounding "great" on the Christmas album. He sounded "pretty good" on 2-3 of the songs; the rest were garbage. He sounded drunk and lazy, wobbling in and out of tune, and going way overboard impersonating old Christmas crooners. It was far from great.
I agree. Also, his vocals on Self Titled are VERY edited.
I love the album very much, but his vocals are way too overproduced at some points. Also, I remember Dean saying during a recent interview that some of the vocals they received from Scott during the Self Titled sessions was so "interesting" they didn't know what to think....lol
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland