September 06, 2024, 10:17:14 AM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 88804 times)

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: worst songs
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2008, 03:17:58 AM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
What?!

I don't think STP has  a bad song in their entire oeuvre. If I had to choose, hell, I don't know. "MC5" would be a good choice, I guess.

I totally agree. It's not too often that a band comes around that you could practically listen to the whole catalog without skipping once. At most, I would say MC5 to answer this thread but even then it's not that bad.

stpwkdgrdn

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2008, 05:24:25 PM »
If they played MC5 live, it would fucking rock.  It's hard to pick up on the studio recording, but uninhibited on stage, this song could do damage.

Danger Stepp

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2008, 08:55:22 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
I think it's more blasphemous of the Sex Type Thing comment.

That's like taking a piss on the holy grail.

This. 

I find it hard to downplay anything prior to Shangri....  It's not that the songs are bad, just not as great as what I know they're capable of.  I would have to give it another spin sometime to find the 'worst' of the bunch.

gnrdestructx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2008, 12:12:05 AM »
i'll add MC5 .. jus not my cup of tea

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2008, 02:50:22 AM »
Why don't you like "a song for sleeping"??? I think it is beautiful...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2008, 05:25:22 AM »
Well I have a very versitile love of music, so I love their rocking stuff as much as their soft stuff... So I pretty much love all their songs.

I find it funny that a lot of people say they don't like Shangri La Dee Da, because some of my favorite stuff of theirs is in that lol

If I were to pick a song I didn't like as much, I think I'd go with Pretty Penny, not that I think it's bad, I just think it's a bit too repetitive.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2008, 07:49:58 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
Why don't you like "a song for sleeping"??? I think it is beautiful...

I do,too. And as I father of a wonderful 10 month old baby girl, it holds a special meaning to me.

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2008, 02:43:27 PM »
Ride The Cliche...

Other than that there aren't too many that i can't stand.. I'm not a huge fan of "A Song For Sleeping" either.. Its not the style of music I like.. But I admire Scott for writing it about his son..
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

Promising_Boy

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »
STP don't have a bad song

dskpilots

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2008, 07:08:32 PM »
I'm not saying that these songs are horrible, it's just that I tend to skip over these when they come on:

Ride the Cliche
Transmissions
Regeneration

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Well I have a very versitile love of music, so I love their rocking stuff as much as their soft stuff... So I pretty much love all their songs.

I find it funny that a lot of people say they don't like Shangri La Dee Da, because some of my favorite stuff of theirs is in that lol

If I were to pick a song I didn't like as much, I think I'd go with Pretty Penny, not that I think it's bad, I just think it's a bit too repetitive.

I think a good analogy would be that a lot of people like Coca Cola but some dislike Diet Coke for whatever reasons (taste, no sugar, etc). But it doesn't mean they dislike the Coke brand. Diet Coke just doesn't suit their tastes.

I used to get bent out of shape when people would say stuff about Tiny Music not being good but you can't make everyone like the same things.

Getinrowdy3

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2008, 09:50:45 PM »
I have 6 songs they have recorded that I could do without-

Long Way Home- thing is repetitive and just sounds dreary to me

Heaven and Hotrods- I like the music and the refrain, but the lyrics suck.  "You can't get it if you really want it so you better off just leave it alone," c'mon Scott, that's not all that creative

Bi-Polar Bear- I just don't like the refrain, too much stuff going on for me.  I do like the solo and interlude though

Sex Violence- Really don't like the refrain- just not my style- and it sounds too contrived I think

Regeneration- It kind of has a "Long Way Home" feel to it, and I don't like the refrain

Church on Tuesday- I do like the part "And I can't believe it, is she really gone again?"  But, like Heaven and Hotrods, this song gets incredibly repetitive

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2008, 12:14:28 AM »
worst songs for me:

MC5 is terrible and annoying and Bi-Polar Bear is the worst STP song of all time. Those are my 2 cents.

Never understood why Ride the Cliche is so disliked... one of my favorites of Tiny Music.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2008, 05:44:46 AM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
Never understood why Ride the Cliche is so disliked... one of my favorites of Tiny Music.

To me it's just kind of there. Nothing really special about it. I see it as the filler track of the album.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

about_nothing

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2008, 08:01:50 AM »
ones that i skip would probly be glide, i got you, pretty penny, Ride the Cliché and Adhesive and maybe Sin..im not saying there not good songs i just like the other ones better..also does anyone like daisy i love that little instrumental/song thing
\"You\'re the champion of sorrow. You\'re the love and the pain. You\'re the fighter of evil. Yet yo