September 12, 2024, 09:57:31 AM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 89174 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: worst songs
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2008, 04:42:07 AM »
Quote from: "hack745"
I'm sorry, but Adhesive is awful.

not digging the trumpet solo? :)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2008, 04:44:59 AM »
Quote from: "hack745"
I'm sorry, but Adhesive is awful.
WTF

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

hack745

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2008, 05:01:36 AM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
not digging the trumpet solo? :)

Adhesive just never really goes anywhere. It's really just 5 and a half minutes of a song that never really gets started. Not too mention Scott doesn't sound as good as he does on the rest of the album, and Dean sounds like he's asleep for a good portion of the song. I don't care for it at all.

I know it's a popular choice among a lot of fans, and I probably just don't get it, but I skip it every time. Every so often I'll play it, just so I can remember what it sounds like, and then I go back to skipping it.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2008, 07:03:27 AM »
I think it's a tribute to the band's diversity that STP fans can't agreen on which songs are the best and which are the , ahem, "worst". I do notice that the fans who generally like the harder material don't like the softer songs ("Pretty Penny", "Song for Sleeping", ect.) and vice versa. Of course, then you have fans like me who like everything and topics like this cause great difficulty.  I honestly do like everything, although again am not as crazy about "Dumb Love" and "MC5" in comparison to other songs. Bolded for emphasis, as this is still my favorite damn band.

Tol

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2008, 09:55:42 AM »
Ride the cliche it's a good song but i think it's one of their weakest songs!
take a load off

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2008, 12:42:30 PM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
II do notice that the fans who generally like the harder material don't like the softer songs ("Pretty Penny", "Song for Sleeping", ect.) and vice versa.

I don't think it's totally fair to generalize like that just because someone picks a slow song that they don't like. I love STP's harder songs as well as the softer songs. That's the great thing about STP for me unlike some bands who make better harder songs than softer songs (VR to me had better harder mid-temp songs than slow songs while AOA to me had better slower songs than harder songs).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:52:23 PM by Anonymous »
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2008, 12:52:53 PM »
have to go with "pretty penny" too but i think it has more to do with the fact that my first admin assistant's name was penny and she drove me nuts.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"
not a fan of meatplow?
blasphemy.
then again, live Ivy said, everyboy has their own opinion. Meatplow happens to be one of my favorite tracks off of Purple.

I never liked Meatplow..until I heard it live in person. Then I fell in love with that track.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2008, 01:02:55 PM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
I do notice that the fans who generally like the harder material don't like the softer songs

I disagree. I think people just prefer some songs over others. I mentioned that I didn't care for Pruno or Dumb Love. I just think those songs are repetitive with poor lyrics (Pruno) or just boring and not interesting (Dumb Love). But, I absolutely LOVE Sex Type Thing and Crackerman for example. Someone mentioned that they didn't care for Adhesive (poor soul), but they might prefer something else on the softer side.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

rymo84

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »
I never got into Sex & Violence. Not sure why, I usually like the upbeat tempo songs.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »
Let me clarify: I didn't mean on this board, just off-line. Hell, that was one of the reasons why I re-registered here after not posting here in a few years. Fans here are much more open-minded.

My favorite songs do happen to be the softer songs, but then again I love the hell out of Sex & Violence.

The song's pretty nice too...

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2008, 05:20:36 PM »
Quote from: "rymo84"
I never got into Sex & Violence. Not sure why, I usually like the upbeat tempo songs.

I loved it initially when the album first came out. But after years went by, it just got kinda boring to me.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2008, 05:34:14 PM »
Songs that im not to keen are .. NAKED SUNDAY,MC5, TRANSMISSIONs ... 

army of ants

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2008, 07:23:12 PM »
wow,people come  down,

i guess i went to strong into this,probably because that song is played to much i think and now that stp is back and that they want the fans to come upp with songs they can play on this tour i hope they can play songs they havent played to much.

as a true stp fans we all are i hope people can understand this.

stpwkdgrdn

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2008, 07:39:20 PM »
I am finding it really difficult to pick a "worst song".  For some reason or another, every song has it's own meaning to me.  Thinking about their live show, however, I'd have to say that Too Cool Queenie is their "worst" song.  I love the message, and the riff.  Kretz lays into the kit as usual.  But it just didn't rock nearly as hard as anything I've seen them play before.