September 12, 2024, 09:57:14 AM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 89173 times)

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
Re: worst songs
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2008, 07:57:52 PM »
Have to agree there. I love SLDD, but Dumb Love is too generic and sounds half-assed (in comparison of course)

tommygunn

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2008, 08:17:56 PM »
Quote from: "army of ants"
what are the worst songs of stp albums?.

mine would have to be sex type thing
overrated song that pisses me off

Why does STT piss you off?

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2008, 08:36:26 PM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
What?!

I don't think STP has  a bad song in their entire oeuvre. If I had to choose, hell, I don't know. "MC5" would be a good choice, I guess.

dude, no way...MC5 is a killer song. And so is Dumb Love, I dunno what madness you people are even talking about. But for me, its probably Pretty Penny. Not that I think its a bad song or anything, I just can't really get into it as well as their other songs.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2008, 08:48:14 PM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"

dude, no way...MC5 is a killer song. And so is Dumb Love, I dunno what madness you people are even talking about. But for me, its probably Pretty Penny. Not that I think its a bad song or anything, I just can't really get into it as well as their other songs.

Now that's crazy that's my favorite song from Purple. haha

I guess everyone has different opinions of what songs they dislike...I don't really dislike any song except Days of the Week.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2008, 08:54:33 PM »
I keep their 5 CD's loaded in my car and the only two that I ever skip are Art School Girl and A Song for Sleeping.  Days of the Week and Pruno have grown on me over the years. 

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2008, 09:30:32 PM »
Ride the Cliche, Dead and Bloated (overlong for what's there), Pruno, Pop's Love Suicide and Where the River Goes are skippers for me.

ShirleyTemplesPie

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2008, 09:57:20 PM »
Regeneration and ride the cliche are the only ones I ever skip.  Still better than 99% of anything that's come out in the last 5 years.

oldleadbelly

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2008, 10:09:18 PM »
I love Ride the Cliche', although the band has admitted to disliking it greatly.  It is perfect between Adhesive and Daisy.  Pruno does nothing for me.  The chorus just bangs and sounds disjointed to me.  A similar song that was executed to much better effect in my opinion is Sex and Violence.  Very jarring, but doesn't grate me like Pruno.

Piece_of_Pie

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2008, 10:26:34 PM »
I really don't understand the hate for a few select STP songs...

I mean Pruno, for example... I love that track! From the spacey vocals, to the hard hitting but somewhat... I dunno, 'psychedelic' chorus with the eerie SW backing vocals...

I also love MC5, I play that shit often before I'm going out to party and drink Jameson... Yeah it's a throw-away track in a sense, but it's tongue-in-check because of it, I think.... I dunno, to me its just a dirty, in-your-face rock song with the right amount of bizarreness to keep it in the shadows.

I will have to agree with dumb love, in a sense though, it seems like it was put together too quickly... Like it needs just a bit more tweaking to make it really great.

I also have a kinda love-hate relationship with Army Ants and Unglued... Those songs are 1) too similar to me and 2) too generic. I mean, I do like them but... I wouldn't miss seeing them live by any means.

Other songs I could actually care less for (in STP terms, not general terms of course):

Black Again
A Song for Sleeping
Plush
Meatplow (tempo seems too slow for the song to me)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:28:19 PM by Piece_of_Pie »

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2008, 11:24:54 PM »
They only song I skip over on a regular basis is Transmissions from a Lonely Room. Call me insensitive, but I dont really care for that song.
STP: A bunch.

gnrdestructx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2008, 11:46:26 PM »
pretty penny boring.

joeystiles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2008, 11:52:55 PM »
mc5
a song for sleeping
pretty penny

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2008, 12:07:04 AM »
Quote from: "Piece_of_Pie"
I really don't understand the hate for a few select STP songs...

I mean Pruno, for example... I love that track! From the spacey vocals, to the hard hitting but somewhat... I dunno, 'psychedelic' chorus with the eerie SW backing vocals...

I also love MC5, I play that shit often before I'm going out to party and drink Jameson... Yeah it's a throw-away track in a sense, but it's tongue-in-check because of it, I think.... I dunno, to me its just a dirty, in-your-face rock song with the right amount of bizarreness to keep it in the shadows.

I will have to agree with dumb love, in a sense though, it seems like it was put together too quickly... Like it needs just a bit more tweaking to make it really great.

I also have a kinda love-hate relationship with Army Ants and Unglued... Those songs are 1) too similar to me and 2) too generic. I mean, I do like them but... I wouldn't miss seeing them live by any means.

Other songs I could actually care less for (in STP terms, not general terms of course):

Black Again
A Song for Sleeping
Plush
Meatplow (tempo seems too slow for the song to me)

not a fan of meatplow?
blasphemy.
then again, live Ivy said, everyboy has their own opinion. Meatplow happens to be one of my favorite tracks off of Purple.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2008, 03:43:43 AM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"
not a fan of meatplow?
blasphemy.
then again, live Ivy said, everyboy has their own opinion. Meatplow happens to be one of my favorite tracks off of Purple.

I think it's more blasphemous of the Sex Type Thing comment.

That's like taking a piss on the holy grail.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

hack745

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2008, 04:38:08 AM »
I'm sorry, but Adhesive is awful.

It's the biggest reason I usually don't play Tiny Music. I don't have to skip songs on all of the other albums.

MC5 and Black Again aren't great either, but I'll usually listen to them anyway.