July 08, 2024, 01:56:05 PM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 81806 times)

Silver guns and Candybars

Re: Least favorite STP song
« Reply #450 on: December 24, 2010, 07:18:01 AM »
Yah, you're "a lover not a fighter." ::)

Way to welcome the new guy.

seeing KW&CB insulted had me appauled. not really, but cmon.
btw i love when a girl quotes me. ( for future reference  ;)  )

ok let me start over. ( clears throat )

WELCOME PJSTP to belowempty.com!!
here you will find everything STP you can desire.
everything from the latest news on STP, tour updates, fan reviews, song discussions, and the occasional long in-depth analysis song breakdown from my looney roomate.

As you can see everything is broken down into sections made easy for our members to gain easy access to information to the desired source. if you have briefly toured already you may have discovered this site is not neccesarily only for STP information/discussion, it includes information for all of the members of STP's side projects such as Velvet Revolver, Talk Show, Army of Anyone, Weilands solo career, etc...

Also, you will notice we have fan interaction posts where we discuss things outside of STP's music.
All of our members are friendly and will help you if you have any questions!
Don't be shy!

So on the behalf of the belowempty.com , we welcome you to our website!!

sincerely,
SG&CB

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 24, 2010, 08:38:32 AM »
Ha, thanks guys. Believe me that's not a lot of songs compared to most bands. I used to be a big fan and then I started getting into Pearl Jam more until I heard they were playing at Winstar and then I started getting into them again. Let me say -I LOVE Tiny Music. I can't really get into Art School Girl as much as the others but I still like it. Kitchenware and Candybars I kinda figured I'd get some negative reaction to that because it seems to be pretty popular. I really think I kinda like all of their songs in some way, even  my least favorites except for MC5. I just don't like that song at all! But anyway, even though that may seem like a long list I'm a really big fan and I'm really excited to get to see them live for the first time in February. Anyway, thanks for welcoming me and I'm excited to learn some more about STP and their fans :)
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 24, 2010, 03:46:39 PM »
Ha, thanks guys. Believe me that's not a lot of songs compared to most bands. I used to be a big fan and then I started getting into Pearl Jam more until I heard they were playing at Winstar and then I started getting into them again. Let me say -I LOVE Tiny Music. I can't really get into Art School Girl as much as the others but I still like it. Kitchenware and Candybars I kinda figured I'd get some negative reaction to that because it seems to be pretty popular. I really think I kinda like all of their songs in some way, even  my least favorites except for MC5. I just don't like that song at all! But anyway, even though that may seem like a long list I'm a really big fan and I'm really excited to get to see them live for the first time in February. Anyway, thanks for welcoming me and I'm excited to learn some more about STP and their fans :)

Silverguns and Candybars isn't a good representation of Below Empty or an STP fan. Everyone's really getting sick of his act. Anyways, welcome to the board.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 24, 2010, 03:54:38 PM »
I am a super fan too, and sometimes it makes me more critical of them since i love the band so much haha  Like I have the right to be
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

LedZep924

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 24, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »
where the river goes. its an easy choice for me. everything else i would bathe in if the tunes were made of water

dnabomb

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 24, 2010, 04:17:57 PM »
LOVE MC5

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #456 on: December 24, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »
wheres your holiday spirit stpfan92?

hope everyone has a merry christmas eve! try to keep the drinking and driving toa minimum!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 24, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
wheres your holiday spirit stpfan92?

hope everyone has a merry christmas eve! try to keep the drinking and driving toa minimum!
Merry Xmas sgcb!!  I still luv ya
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 24, 2010, 05:42:43 PM »
LOVE MC5 and HATE Plush and Big Empty

Hate them botj
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 03, 2011, 06:47:00 AM »
dont like days of the week.... also i cant listen to huckleberry crumble... not that its a bad song but as a big fan of 70s aerosmith i cant get past  the "blatant influence" from same old song and dance... dont  think it would be a good move for it to be a single bc it may hurt stp's rep  when the media/radio stations call it out especially after the whole btl/stay away saga.... but being signed to atlantic i suppose it wouldnt matter anyways

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:50:52 AM by stpunderground »
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #460 on: January 07, 2011, 05:10:15 PM »
also i cant listen to huckleberry crumble... not that its a bad song but as a big fan of 70s aerosmith i cant get past  the "blatant influence" from same old song and dance... dont  think it would be a good move for it to be a single bc it may hurt stp's rep  when the media/radio stations call it out especially after the whole btl/stay away saga.

Was the Between the Lines/Stay Away comparison that big of a deal? I don't recall hearing about it EXCEPT on the boards. It never blew up like the Dani California/Last Dance With Mary Jane saga.

Huckleberry IS my favorite track off the new album, and being an Aero fan, I feel it's more of an ode to that sound then a blatant rip-off. Yes, the influence is obvious, and the band has admitted that. Still, I feel it's pretty kick ass, ESPECIALLY the introduction riff.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 07, 2011, 06:46:25 PM »
I felt like this new album was a cross between Tiny Music and an Aerosmith record ... just with less meaningful lyrics.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #462 on: June 10, 2011, 04:20:03 PM »
I really dislike Cinnamon and Black Again. Especially Cinnamon. WTF STP!!!

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 10, 2011, 05:06:30 PM »
at this point id have to say .... Sin
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

That Random Guy

• BE's random bisexual madman.
  • Co-Pilot
  • "I'm in love with love"- SW
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 10, 2011, 05:12:53 PM »
The only one I've heard that I didn't like was Down.
STP doesn't just make awesome songs, they make awesome songs about life.