October 04, 2024, 06:19:49 PM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 90883 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
I Know Scotts Least Favorite Stp Song...
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2004, 03:35:30 PM »
I think one thing we can all agree on here is that Purple is a PERFECT album with absolutely no weak tracks. Even though my personal fav STP songs are 'Atlanta' and 'Hello It's Late', Purple is still the album I push on people wanting to hear STP because I think it is the strongest STP album overall.
I always skip Meaplow and Vasoline.  The rest isn't bad though.
I personally think you are toatally insane for skipping one of the best singles by STP, which is Vasoline.
I sometimes skip Meatplow, but I truly agree that Purple is their best and most solid album yet. Purple might have been even more solid if Vasoline was the opening track.
I've always felt that vasoline was one of their weaker singles.
I completely agree.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

tommygunn

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2004, 05:24:21 PM »
If you want to talk about lines, "Down" is perfect to start off an album:

Pleased to meet you
Nice to know me
What's the message?
Please show me!

The last line there is actually "Will ya show me?"

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2004, 11:35:27 PM »
The should have had "Down" later in the album. It would've made the entire album more solid.
I disagree. You need a heavy rocker to kick off an album..
It would be still just as power full if they had "learning to drive" as the first song. Think about it, the "Im okay, just got back, from hell today" line would be sweet. Singles shouldn't be your first song on the album, they should be 2 or 4 and anything past that
But STP really never knew what songs they were going to release as singles until the albums were done. Many artists don't decide until afterwards.

Anonymous

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2004, 12:56:58 AM »
The should have had "Down" later in the album. It would've made the entire album more solid.
It would be still just as power full if they had "learning to drive" as the first song. Think about it, the "Im okay, just got back, from hell today" line would be sweet. Singles shouldn't be your first song on the album, they should be 2 or 4 and anything past that
But STP really never knew what songs they were going to release as singles until the albums were done. Many artists don't decide until afterwards.
But Velvet Revolver on the other hand!  'Fall To Pieces' had single written all over it! I thought a lot of the time it was the record company who picked the singles?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2004, 06:14:23 PM »
But Velvet Revolver on the other hand!  'Fall To Pieces' had single written all over it! I thought a lot of the time it was the record company who picked the singles?
In that case, one could argue that "Wonderful" was screaming single.  Or "Crackerman."

And as far as the "correct" placement for a single on a completed album... I'm curious... what difference does the track listing have in deciding singles?
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

bunbury_hmr

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2004, 08:55:17 PM »
There are times itself when the Label tries to get pushy an they release the singles themselfs without the bands full concent.

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2004, 10:07:15 PM »
There are times itself when the Label tries to get pushy an they release the singles themselfs without the bands full concent.
Which is a reason why many bands don't want to sign to majors, b/c they're way the hell too pushy sometimes.

bunbury_hmr

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2004, 10:18:29 PM »
Which is a reason why many bands don't want to sign to majors, b/c they're way the hell too pushy sometimes.
Even small labels are pushy. You dont have to have a huge Label to be mistreated like that.
I pulled out legally from my Label because they were trying to make the album i was working on something that i didnt wanted to do. So we both made a full arragements an went our seperate ways.

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2004, 02:56:40 AM »
Even small labels are pushy. You dont have to have a huge Label to be mistreated like that.
I pulled out legally from my Label because they were trying to make the album i was working on something that i didnt wanted to do. So we both made a full arragements an went our seperate ways.
That's quite lucky that it was fairly easy for you.

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2004, 07:25:46 PM »
Pretty Penny is Stp's worst btw.

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2004, 07:41:57 PM »
Pretty Penny is Stp's worst btw.
Crackhead.
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2004, 12:33:57 AM »
eh it is in my opinion.   only song i never listen too.

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2004, 01:22:40 AM »
I stick with my "Crackhead" remark :)
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2004, 01:27:36 AM »
I still think it beats "Daisy" by far.

Anonymous

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2004, 02:26:58 AM »
I think one thing we can all agree on here is that Purple is a PERFECT album with absolutely no weak tracks. Even though my personal fav STP songs are 'Atlanta' and 'Hello It's Late', Purple is still the album I push on people wanting to hear STP because I think it is the strongest STP album overall.
I always skip Meaplow and Vasoline.  The rest isn't bad though.
I personally think you are toatally insane for skipping one of the best singles by STP, which is Vasoline.
I sometimes skip Meatplow, but I truly agree that Purple is their best and most solid album yet. Purple might have been even more solid if Vasoline was the opening track.
I've always felt that vasoline was one of their weaker singles.
I completely agree.
I heard Vasoline on the radio today and practically pissed my spandex.

It was the most exciting thing that's happened to me in a while, which is actually really sad. At least it was on the "modern rock" station; it makes me depressed to hear stuff from the 90's on the classic station.