October 04, 2024, 06:15:36 PM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 90882 times)

Anonymous

I Know Scotts Least Favorite Stp Song...
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2004, 05:51:08 PM »
I hate it when I compliment people and then others come and turn my compliments into insults...

poo.

(jk)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2004, 04:17:04 PM »
What a great song. I remember reading somewhere that it was written in a metter of minutes.

I believe it.
 :lol:
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2004, 05:23:56 PM »
The should have had "Down" later in the album. It would've made the entire album more solid.
The lunatic, is on the grass.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2004, 05:20:37 PM »
The should have had "Down" later in the album. It would've made the entire album more solid.
I disagree. You need a heavy rocker to kick off an album..

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2004, 08:49:55 PM »
I think one thing we can all agree on here is that Purple is a PERFECT album with absolutely no weak tracks. Even though my personal fav STP songs are 'Atlanta' and 'Hello It's Late', Purple is still the album I push on people wanting to hear STP because I think it is the strongest STP album overall.
I always skip Meaplow and Vasoline.  The rest isn't bad though.
Woah... I do the same thing.

You are I have the exact same preferences in terms of our very favorite band.  Now I'm curious...

Do you also skip "Hollywood Bitch?"
I pass on "Hollywood Bitch".

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2004, 10:46:18 PM »
I think one thing we can all agree on here is that Purple is a PERFECT album with absolutely no weak tracks. Even though my personal fav STP songs are 'Atlanta' and 'Hello It's Late', Purple is still the album I push on people wanting to hear STP because I think it is the strongest STP album overall.

You are I have the exact same preferences in terms of our very favorite band.  Now I'm curious...

Yes and no...  I skip it in the sense that I almost never listen to that album but when I do listen to it, I make damn sure to hear that one.
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2004, 08:56:35 PM »
I wish I could've co-produced Shangri la dee da. It would've been so much better

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2004, 03:56:09 AM »

I pass on "Hollywood Bitch".
I watched the live performance of "Hollywood Bitch" from the DVD today and quite enjoyed it. Maybe I won't pass it next time.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2004, 03:59:50 AM »
agreed. the placement is perfect.

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2004, 11:58:58 PM »
It would be still just as power full if they had "learning to drive" as the first song. Think about it, the "Im okay, just got back, from hell today" line would be sweet. Singles shouldn't be your first song on the album, they should be 2 or 4 and anything past that

Anonymous

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2004, 12:20:51 AM »
It would be still just as power full if they had "learning to drive" as the first song. Think about it, the "Im okay, just got back, from hell today" line would be sweet. Singles shouldn't be your first song on the album, they should be 2 or 4 and anything past that
I agree with the bit about the singles, but I think Down is a nice heavy rocker to start the album off with, and it also portrays the feeling of the album perfectly. It gives a good tease as to what the rest of the album is like.

Someone said on a diff thread that sometimes you can see "colors" in the songs... I think the color of No. 4 is black... and Down is the "blackest," if you will.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2004, 03:40:51 AM »
Down is the "blackest," if you will.
Oh I like it!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2004, 07:03:11 AM »
If you want to talk about lines, "Down" is perfect to start off an album:

Pleased to meet you
Nice to know me
What's the message?
Please show me!

Singles don't have to be first choice like you said, but its a great opener and its one of the stronger tunes off the album. Plus at the time, it was their first album in three years. To gotta rock out on the first track!

Anonymous

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2004, 08:48:47 AM »
I personally think you are toatally insane for skipping one of the best singles by STP, which is Vasoline.
I sometimes skip Meatplow, but I truly agree that Purple is their best and most solid album yet. Purple might have been even more solid if Vasoline was the opening track.

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2004, 12:34:19 PM »
I personally think you are toatally insane for skipping one of the best singles by STP, which is Vasoline.
I sometimes skip Meatplow, but I truly agree that Purple is their best and most solid album yet. Purple might have been even more solid if Vasoline was the opening track.
I've always felt that vasoline was one of their weaker singles.
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.