September 19, 2024, 10:11:07 PM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 89574 times)

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: I Know Scotts Least Favorite Stp Song...
« Reply #285 on: December 19, 2008, 12:23:52 AM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"
Scotts least favorite song is: Plush, He told me
Actually Scott's least favorite song is Pretty Penny. I dunno where you go the idea that Plush was.

Where was that stated? Did he give any insight as to why? The only comment I've heard him state in regards to Pretty Penny was that it was autobiographical, so the statement that it's his least favorite kind of stumps and surprises me.

I actually don't like Creep, and I just never got into MC5.
heresy.

/.
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

peronim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Least favorite STP song
« Reply #286 on: December 19, 2008, 01:00:09 AM »
What's with people dissing MC5? I understand to each his own, but I love that song, in fact I dig every song on No. 4 which is why it's probably my favorite album. (Well maybe I Got You gets played a lot less often than the rest of the album)  Like I've said many times on these boards, I LOVE the raw garage sound they had going on throughout this album  Brilliant IMO

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 19, 2008, 05:40:37 AM »
Oooh, I'm a huge no.4 fan. 'Heaven and Hotrods' is tattooed on my left hand, and I'm always championing pruno, church on tuesday, and no way out.  somewhere on this forum is a thread where i go overboard on all the hidden layers of church on tuesday, particularly the bass line near the end... However, I just never liked the way Mc5 sounded or fit into the album. Yes Church on Tuesday may be repetitive with its lyrics, as mc5, but mc5 just didn't grasp me.

==
In Indiana, a woman standing next to me shouted out I GOT YOU during STP's performance, and I couldn't have been happier.
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

talkingvolleyball3

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 19, 2008, 07:21:09 AM »
Quote from: "peronim"
What's with people dissing MC5? I understand to each his own, but I love that song, in fact I dig every song on No. 4 which is why it's probably my favorite album. (Well maybe I Got You gets played a lot less often than the rest of the album)  Like I've said many times on these boards, I LOVE the raw garage sound they had going on throughout this album  Brilliant IMO
dude "i got you" ?
come on its so beatles/beach boys sounding

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 19, 2008, 07:26:49 AM »
i like em all loli probably skip kitchenware but like only sometimes just cuz i wouldnt be in the mood of something slow but i really cant pick a song that i dislike or a least favorite
If you only knew..

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 19, 2008, 08:13:29 AM »
I'll put in my two cents here....I'll go with Art School Girl and Ride The Cliche.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: I Know Scotts Least Favorite Stp Song...
« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2008, 12:03:24 AM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"
Scotts least favorite song is: Plush, He told me
Actually Scott's least favorite song is Pretty Penny. I dunno where you go the idea that Plush was.

I doubt that. I read an interview where he said Pretty Penny was one of his favorites.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2008, 12:14:18 AM »
A Song For Sleeping....  :-

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2008, 12:29:42 AM »
Creep  :-X
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 04, 2009, 02:27:30 AM »
I used to hate 'Art School Girl', but it really grew on me. Now I guess my least favorite is 'Black Again'.

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 04, 2009, 03:26:18 AM »
Don't really dislike any of their songs, but sometimes when I listen to an album, I'll skip a song or two cause I'm just not "feeling it." Haha. But then sometimes, I'll deliberately put the album on just to listen to that song that I may have skipped over a week or two ago.
Of those songs I tend to skip:
Where the River Goes
Kitchenware & Candybars
Pop's Love Suicide
Adhesive
Sour Girl
Bi-Polar Bear
Hello its Late
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 04, 2009, 04:28:37 AM »
wow all this hate on art school girl..I can't believe it!....
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Where is the Art School Boy at? He would be crying right now.
YEah!!  what the hell happened to him??  It has been a while since he has posted right?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=127989536
« Reply #297 on: January 04, 2009, 04:41:48 AM »
Im surprised nobody is saying they dont like Regeneration. Its the worst song according to iTunes but I still like it...

I would have to say my least favorites are "Transmissions from a Lonely Room" and "Sex and Violence." I also dislike "MC5".
Sin makes me strong.

Stp74

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=74181814
« Reply #298 on: January 25, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »
I dislike, well maybe not dislike, I skip over it about everytime I listen to Core or hear it on the radio.....Plush.  I just think it was way overplayed back in the day & still to this day will turn the station on the radio or skip over it.

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 25, 2009, 09:58:41 PM »
I agree that Plush was overplayed back in the day, but these days, when I hear STP on the radio, its only Vasoline, Interstate Love Song. Sometimes I hear Sex Type Thing or Trippin on a Hole. Once in a blue moon I hear Big Empty. But anyway, the point I wanna make is that it seems to me radio stations play short songs, especially STP's, such as the first 2 I mentioned. Plush is a longer song and hardly gets play these days because I think who ever is the foolish DJ feels that Plush is too long and not as popular as it was in the 90's, and therefor thinks that listeners will get bored and change the station. I could be wrong, who knows, but I really hardly ever hear that song on the radio these days. Now, with that said, I usually don't say to myself, "hey, I'm in the mood to listen to Plush" and then put it on. But, I never skip it or get annoyed listening to it. It's a true classic and a staple for the band. When you hear it, at least when I hear it, I always think about my youth and how I fell in love with early 90's music and obviously STP.

LONG LIVE PLUSH!!!!!
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!