September 16, 2024, 08:09:24 AM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 89346 times)

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: worst songs
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2008, 12:35:40 AM »
I don't get why there is hate on MC5.  That is a great song.  I pretty much disagree with almost every song that has been bashed in here.

Dumb Love is great (though the beginning sounds like a mess)
Transmissions is really good
Pruno has a kickass chorus.  To Loungefly:  You don't like the part where he goes "ONE..TWO..THREE....."??

My least favorite is Art School Girl.  But even that song isn't horrible.  I can't think of any STP songs that are horrible.
I know I want what\'s on my mind.

stpwkdgrdn

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2008, 12:43:47 AM »
I just saw them in Ohio and NJ and I have to say, as much as I like Lady Picture Show, I felt it was their weakest song on stage.  And they played it dead on.  It just didn't drive like the rest of their set.  Maybe if they played a few more deep cuts from other albums, it wouldn't be as noticeable

xguitarplayerxx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2008, 01:15:30 AM »
im not that big of a fan of ride the cliche.

mrzod1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2008, 02:46:24 AM »
there it is again.  hatin on cliche.  well i must defend it some more.  I think the riff is awesome, and I like how the verse is sung over the chorus music toward the end of the song.  also the solo kinda reminds me in a good way of the beatles abbey road medley right before the "and in the end..." part where the different guitars are soloing back and forth with different tones and styles.

UTRR

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2008, 02:53:10 AM »
I would have to say Art School Girl. It never really grabbed me from the start, but  after the years have passed I can't say it is terrible, just not my favorite STP song.

Me(hdi)

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2008, 05:47:29 AM »
... the whole Core album, sans Crackerman. If you need a reason why, and I am not sure why an explanation  need be provided here, but if so, then see my last post: 'Some of the greats have had false starts...'

As for the nadir of Scott's career, and even worse than those two shits he spewed with that Durst character, it has to be Fall To Pieces.  That song should only be liked by people with cut-off acid washed jeans, "Shit Happens" t-shirts, mullets (and I am not talking the hipster variety), Pro Wings shoes, and a can of Bud Light.  I never figured Scott a fan of butt rock, so I blame Slash and his horrendous guitar solo-ing arse for almost ruining the great Contraband for me.

tetro

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2008, 06:53:35 AM »
A Song For Sleeping is pretty cliche, i usually skip that song.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2008, 01:19:10 PM »
Quote from: "adhesive-love"
Pruno has a kickass chorus.  To Loungefly:  You don't like the part where he goes "ONE..TWO..THREE....."??

No. Not really. The song never did anything for me in general.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Wicked Gardener

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2008, 10:40:37 AM »
I can't believe someone said Sin of all songs! That is one of my all time favorites. Alas, MC5 and Hollywood Bitch would be my two "least favorite" tracks of theirs.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2008, 07:36:50 PM »
I forgot about those b side outtakes. I really don't like Heed the Water Whisperer. Learning to Drive is worse.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2008, 07:38:27 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I forgot about those b side outtakes. I really don't like Heed the Water Whisperer. Learning to Drive is worse.

That's why they are called B-Sides.

I personally think they groove, but to each their own.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2008, 07:54:12 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"

I don't have anything against those songs, though I've only listened to each of them about twice with the exception of About a Fool.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »
I LOVE Water Whisperer.  I really do a number on that one in the shower.  It's catchy.  And I'm really good at Drive me Away, too.  That's probably my favorite of the unreleased tracks.

Learning to Drive is the only one of them that I can't. freaking. stand.  Hates it. 
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Shagin

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2008, 08:03:56 PM »
Learning to Drive, to me, sounds like something off 12BB. I wonder how much input the rest of the band had on it. I dig the chorus, "Beautiful... beautiful... beautiful... day!"

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
I LOVE Water Whisperer.  I really do a number on that one in the shower.  It's catchy.  And I'm really good at Drive me Away, too.  That's probably my favorite of the unreleased tracks.

Learning to Drive is the only one of them that I can't. freaking. stand.  Hates it. 

REALLY?  WOW!  Different strokes for different folks I guess.  I love Learning to Drive but dont care for Heed the Water Whisper

ON another note, Learning to Drive isnt really an unreleased track anymore...