September 16, 2024, 08:13:38 AM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 89347 times)

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: worst songs
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2008, 10:01:30 PM »
Quote from: "hack745"
Adhesive just never really goes anywhere. It's really just 5 and a half minutes of a song that never really gets started. Not too mention Scott doesn't sound as good as he does on the rest of the album, and Dean sounds like he's asleep for a good portion of the song. I don't care for it at all.

I know it's a popular choice among a lot of fans, and I probably just don't get it, but I skip it every time. Every so often I'll play it, just so I can remember what it sounds like, and then I go back to skipping it.

Wow!  By far my favorite STP song.  I would say it is probably one of the most popular songs by the hardcore STP fans.  Kind of like Love Hate Love with Alice.  Well now that you know my favorite I'd have to say Pretty Penny is my least favorite song by stp.

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2008, 12:13:51 AM »
My least favorites are:

A Song For The Sleeping (Just terrible stuff. The riff is awful.)
Pretty Penny (For some reason it just bores me. I don't think it measures up to anything else on Purple at all)
No Way Out (It's just a generic rock song that the band has done better on several occasions.)
Wet My Bed (Not really a song, but it's still pointless of having it be on Core. It doesn't show any dimensions for the band, it simply shows they wanted to add filler.)
Some other stuff on Shang is a tough listen for me. I really have to be in the mood for some of that stuff, and I never ever am.

Oh, and for the record, I like songs like Pruno and Dumb Love. The bridge in DL is really good.

~Jeremy~

STPfanATIC

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2008, 03:19:11 AM »
i've read some don't like song for sleeping or pretty penny...granted both are different than most STP songs but they are good songs but maybe you have to be in a certain mood or something. but if i had to pick my least favorite song it would be no way out it is just too generic it doesn't do much for me

therealcaptain40

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2008, 01:32:53 PM »
"worst songs"  silvergun superman, pruno, wonderful, regeneration, transmissions. I think MC5 is underrated along with Glide, I Got You, and Art School Girl

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2008, 01:40:54 PM »
^^^art school girl was making my daughter giggle the other day in the car - and she is usually on a "i hate scott weiland" kick.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2008, 11:27:13 PM »
I can't believe I forgot Art School Girl. I dread that song. It annoys me way too much.

~Jeremy~

Axl!

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2008, 01:52:43 AM »
Ive yet to hear an STP song i didnt like, so i guess picking the worst would be impossible.  The only one that annoys me a little is sour girl because I have a friend who isnt an STP fan but loves that song, and Ive heard it thousands of times.  But I still wouldnt label it as the worst STP song.  Honestly the worst STP song doesnt exist.

errol

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2008, 02:08:27 PM »
i cant belive ppl are stating Pretty Penny as the worst STP song...

Bi-Polar bear wld be my pick

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2008, 04:11:28 PM »
I'm suprised at the Pretty Penny hater's too. IMO there should be no hatin' on the Purple album at all. Every track on that record is gold.

Gold Jerry GOLD!
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

blink706

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2008, 04:48:51 PM »
i think art school girl could be a good song without that annoying chorus. but i always just laugh at it

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2008, 05:01:24 PM »
As far as the "hits" go (ones that were on the radio), I never liked "Creep" or "Lady Picture Show".

Erik B.

• I'm just this guy, ya know?
  • Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2008, 05:47:03 PM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"

dude, no way...MC5 is a killer song. And so is Dumb Love, I dunno what madness you people are even talking about. But for me, its probably Pretty Penny. Not that I think its a bad song or anything, I just can't really get into it as well as their other songs.

Don't knock Pretty Penny until you've heard Austin sing it out of time and off-key. 

Oh, Rik sessions, you give me such endless joy.
Sometimes you just have to step back, put things in perspective, and think, "Well, at least I can l look forward to hell."

Erik B.

• I'm just this guy, ya know?
  • Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2008, 05:54:41 PM »
My least favorite song?  I don't know, but it's probably somewhere on No. 4.  It's my least favorite album. 
Sometimes you just have to step back, put things in perspective, and think, "Well, at least I can l look forward to hell."

Sethynator

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Gentlemen Ghosts
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2008, 02:30:28 AM »
Creep
And SO I Know
Heaven and Hot Rods
Church On tuesday
Pruno