October 04, 2024, 03:56:52 PM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 90877 times)

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I Know Scotts Least Favorite Stp Song...
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 09:12:33 PM »
'Where the River Goes', 'Song for Sleeping', and 'Long Way Home' get skipped.
Song for Sleeping sucks. Otherwise you have no sense.

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 10:41:55 PM »
'Where the River Goes' and 'Long Way Home' get skipped.
Seriously?

Gosh... those are two of my favorites!!
Ditto.
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2004, 10:47:46 PM »
I MUST one of the few that really like "song for sleeping"... and proud of it :D

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 11:51:04 PM »
I MUST one of the few that really like "song for sleeping"... and proud of it :D
For me it's not because the song is sappy (borderline corny) but it's because Weiland thinks he can sing a lot better then he really can.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2004, 12:07:27 AM »
wait, wasnt it one of the Deleos that made that comment about 'ride the cliche'?
They may have also made similar comments about that song but i'm almost certain this interview was with Scott. Every week Kerrang would interview a different lead singer from a rock band with the same questions and it would always appear on the back page. Like I say it was a few years ago but i'm 99% certain it was Scott.

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004, 12:13:16 AM »
For me it's not because the song is sappy (borderline corny) but it's because Weiland thinks he can sing a lot better then he really can.
I respect your opinion but I personally think Scott does a great job of the vocals on that song and as far as his voice goes I think he has every right to think it's amazing because it is! I mean 'Hello it's Late' is proof of that, the harmonys on that song are brilliant. I also love the way when Scott is doing a cover song he can sound like whoever originally did the vocals wether it be John Lennon, David Bowie, Jim Morrison or Jonny Rotten.
The only part of that particular song that is a bit irritating is the way when the music stops Scott carrys singing, I will admit that was uncalled for!

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 12:27:05 AM »
I respect your opinion but I personally think Scott does a great job of the vocals on that song and as far as his voice goes I think he has every right to think it's amazing because it is! I mean 'Hello it's Late' is proof of that, the harmonys on that song are brilliant. I also love the way when Scott is doing a cover song he can sound like whoever originally did the vocals wether it be John Lennon, David Bowie, Jim Morrison or Jonny Rotten.
The only part of that particular song that is a bit irritating is the way when the music stops Scott carrys singing, I will admit that was uncalled for!
I just think he extended his range a little farther then he capable of in that song.  I do agee about him being able to completely take ownership of the cover songs.  Did they do a sex pistols song?

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2004, 03:23:39 AM »
I just think he extended his range a little farther then he capable of in that song.  I do agee about him being able to completely take ownership of the cover songs.  Did they do a sex pistols song?
Well STP didn't cover any Sex Pistols, but Velvet Revolver did cover "Bodies", and Scott DOES do a great impersonation of Johnny Rotten.

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2004, 05:09:21 PM »
Well STP didn't cover any Sex Pistols, but Velvet Revolver did cover "Bodies", and Scott DOES do a great impersonation of Johnny Rotten.
Yeah I was referring to Velvet Revolvers live cover of 'Bodies'. I still can't believe how much Scott sounds like Johnny Rotten on that!!It's uncanny! For an american singer to impersonate an engish accent in song so well is just amazing!

'She was a bloody disgracee!!' haha!

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2004, 08:58:26 PM »
Seriously?

Yeah... those songs have a "stuck-in-the-mud" tempo... they bog themselves down.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2004, 01:14:25 AM »
Nobody mentioned 'Sour Girl', I personally quite like the song but i've seen it recieve quite a bit of hate on other boards.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 04:57:25 AM by CagedTiger »

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2004, 01:25:32 AM »
Nobody mentioned 'Sour Girl', I personally quite like the song but i've seen it recieve quite a bit of hate at other boards.
I don't care for it too much or any other of their songs in that "sound."  I don't think it's their worst song though.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2004, 02:26:32 AM »
Nobody mentioned 'Sour Girl', I personally quite like the song but i've seen it recieve quite a bit of hate at other boards.
I was thinking the same thing about "Days of the Week" - seems to be pretty disliked by many.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2004, 03:37:42 AM »
I was thinking the same thing about "Days of the Week" - seems to be pretty disliked by many.
Not much of a DOTW fan myself...

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2004, 05:16:01 PM »
Seriously?

Yeah... those songs have a "stuck-in-the-mud" tempo... they bog themselves down.
...that's what I like about 'em.   :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!