September 17, 2024, 09:17:09 PM

Author Topic: Least favorite STP song  (Read 89449 times)

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I Know Scotts Least Favorite Stp Song...
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2005, 06:59:59 AM »
Somebody lock this damn thread.  It's an abortion.
An abortion?
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

DesScorp

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2005, 05:49:36 PM »
I love Ride The Cliche. He Shoulda said Pruno.

Pruno is one of my favorite songs from that CD...no can do, amigo. I can't really think of a bad song they've done....they've done average songs, but nothing like "wow, this sucks, were they bored or what?". Even everything from MTJ sessions is at least interesting, if nothing else.
Go straight to Hell; do not pass go, do not collect $200

bi_polar_bear8

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2005, 06:19:27 PM »
all these songs u people are listing makes it worse, i luv every single damn stp song, they each have sumitn special in there own way

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2005, 06:07:55 AM »
all these songs u people are listing makes it worse, i luv every single damn stp song, they each have sumitn special in there own way
u r so kool wit ur 14 yr old speek
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2005, 04:01:30 PM »
u r so kool wit ur 14 yr old speek
And third grade spelling...

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2005, 12:19:03 AM »
Long Way Home, Pruno, Church on Tuesday, Transmitions from a Lonely Room??????

Good God, people! Are you all on crack?! Those songs had to be some of my favorites! What he should have said was " A song for Sleeping" or "Hello, its late". I about had a stroke when I read all those posts but ya know, its just my opinion. Like when I head that No.4 was the least liked album by fans and the fact that Sour Girl was on there was one of the reasons. I almost went crazy. Sour Girl is by far the best STP song I've ever heard along with the bad acid trip video! No. 4 and SLDD were my two favorite albums! I agree though with the fact that Days of the Week is skipped often. To me that song got really old really fast. The music video still kicks ass though. Nothing like Scott dancing in a black suit to a trippy background. Dumb Love and Coma are two of my favorite tracks off of SLDD though.

(The song Regeneration is good until it gets to the spoken part about mice and fields where men go.....I skip the song when it gets to that. Black Again does sound whiny now that I think about it. "She cant eeeeaaaatttt she cant sleeeeeep shes not weeeeeellllllllll." Yeah. It is whiny.)
Please tell me you didn't just say 'Hell It's Late' is the worst song STP did?! If so you are insane! That and Atlanta are the best songs STP ever did, period and we all know they did some amazing songs over the years. You then go on to say you like Regeneration, which is (if I had to pick one) the worst song on SLDD. Isn't it strange how other peoples opinions can be soooooo far from your own?
Well, I guess your right but its only my opinion. You dont have to take it seriously. I said half of Regeneration was good but the other half was so sucky, I almost threw up. The reason I said "Hello, Its late" was a sucky song was because its not upbeat and something you can blast in your car with your friends (like Crackerman, that is a road trip anthem). I do agree with you that Atlanta was an amazing song though. No hard feeling towards anyone, just opinions! Personally, STP doesnt have an actual ear-bleeding song where I just cant listen to it like Christina Agulera (or however you spell her name) which gives me brain damage I dont need :P
So, only upbeat songs are good? Now I understand...
Ian, she listed "Sour Girl" as "by far the best STP song I've ever heard."

By now, when someone says something like that, you should know that it's not even worth the energy that it takes to come up with a witty response.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2005, 10:05:32 PM »
Scotts least favorite song is: Plush, He told me
Actually Scott's least favorite song is Pretty Penny. I dunno where you go the idea that Plush was.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

Anonymous

« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2005, 11:33:09 PM »
Even though "Hello, Its Late" is somewhat of a rip off of Todd Todd Rundgren's "Hello, Its Me" I still love it. Some of us like the slow songs. Just because its not a song to blast in your car doesnt mean it sucks.There is just some songs that universally suck. We all know what those songs are.

Pretty Penny
A Song For Sleeping (i dont give a shit about his kid)
Long Way Home (sounds like hes purposely trying to annoy you when youre high)

I hate some other songs too but these 3 are the ones that all or most of you will agree with me with.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:35:57 PM by Anonymous »

loungeflyy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2005, 01:06:34 AM »
There is just some songs that universally suck. We all know what those songs are.

Pretty Penny

I hate some other songs too but these 3 are the ones that all or most of you will agree with me with.
I totally disagree with you. I love Pretty Penny. Can't exactly tell you why, but I just really love the melody. Granted, it took a long time for it to grow on me. However, in regards to A Song for Sleeping, I don't care what he's singing about, the melody and the vocals in this song are just beautiful. And Long Way Home is awesome; the chorus is great, its a fucking monster rocker, and the guitar solo at the end is amazing. Basically, to put it as nicely as I can, you are wrong. These are definitely songs that do not "universally suck". And no we don't all agree with you.

-loungeflyy
you couldn\'t swing if you were hangin\' from a palm tree in a hurricane

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2005, 01:13:43 AM »
Both lyrics and music have to be good I think to be a good song, its not the same when ones good and the other sucks.

I agree completely. Thats the difference between the songs that vanish and the ones that stick around.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2005, 02:44:34 AM »
There is just some songs that universally suck. We all know what those songs are.

Pretty Penny

I totally disagree with you. I love Pretty Penny. Can't exactly tell you why, but I just really love the melody. Granted, it took a long time for it to grow on me. However, in regards to A Song for Sleeping, I don't care what he's singing about, the melody and the vocals in this song are just beautiful. And Long Way Home is awesome; the chorus is great, its a fucking monster rocker, and the guitar solo at the end is amazing. Basically, to put it as nicely as I can, you are wrong. These are definitely songs that do not "universally suck". And no we don't all agree with you.

-loungeflyy
Got that right on the money. Long Way home is one of my favorite songs off of Shangri-La. The solo as you said is one of my favorite STP solos. As for Pretty Penny- I don't dislike it- if you dont like it as the studio version, try downloading a live version the guitar seems alot more agressive.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

army of ants

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
worst songs
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2008, 06:39:36 PM »
what are the worst songs of stp albums?.

mine would have to be sex type thing
overrated song that pisses me off

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
Re: worst songs
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2008, 06:44:56 PM »
What?!

I don't think STP has  a bad song in their entire oeuvre. If I had to choose, hell, I don't know. "MC5" would be a good choice, I guess.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2008, 07:55:21 PM »
Quote from: "army of ants"
what are the worst songs of stp albums?.

mine would have to be sex type thing
overrated song that pisses me off

You should be banned just for making that comment.

Seriously.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2008, 07:56:39 PM »
I've stated before that I feel Pruno is their worst song.

I listened to SLDD the other day, and I really don't care for Dumb Love. I would say that is their weakest opening track for any of their albums.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..