September 30, 2024, 11:29:56 AM

Author Topic: 11/01/13 Live stream of Biloxi, MS show  (Read 15009 times)

Txloungefly

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: 11/01/13 Live stream of Biloxi, MS show
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 09:32:10 PM »
Sorry, I STILL can't get into this Chester band. I can't. I've never liked his voice. BUT I will say Lady Picture Show I absolutely loved.

As I had posted previously, I hooked up speakers to my laptop and it was loud and sounded great. I swear, I was standing up and dancing and singing aloud. I was having a good time. It was beautiful to see Eric and the Brothers rocking out.

You guys know I am against them keeping the name and all that. This band is Talk Show to me.

I have the new EP and have listened to it on a loop many many times. They're performing near LA in December and I'm planning on going.

I am trying hard to like this new STP. I'm doing everything possible. But it's not working. Sorry, STP is the Original 4.

PS. I will be watching both encores tomorrow.

Hey Blueberry!

Glad you are kind of coming around to STP 3.0 :) It took me awhile to come around. I saw them back over a month ago and I can give you a tip.... Have you ever seen those magic eye pictures? The ones that you have to stare at for a few to see the image buried in the random trippy picture. Have you been able to learn the trick is to just zone out your vision and not "look" directly at it and more look thru it... Well if you can do this, then go for it when you see Chester on stage with STP, you can make him look fuzzy by using this trick and when he's all fuzzy I can't see that he is not Scott. It worked like a charm and maybe kept me from crying at the show from the realization that STP is done again.... Don't look directly at him either. It helps.

I am with you Blueberry that I have really tried hard to like this new incarnation.  But I just can't do it.  I even tried your trick DeLeo and tried to blur out and not look directly at it but I still can hear Chester's voice!!  The band sounds super tight on this, but I just can't get past the vocals.  I am sad that STP is playing 45 minutes away from me tonight and I just can't bring myself to go to the show.  I watched both encores today trying to convince myself, but and I just can't do it! 

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 10:16:25 PM »
Did he change it to "no sex no violence"? And is Robert singing with him?

He did change it. lol you noticed that too! Thought I was the only one. But that's a small detail. We know that Scott would change a few lyrics here and there when STP performed live.

I also thought that this show was a solid one all the way through! The crowd was great as well and really participated with most of the songs. The good thing about performing Black Heart is that Chester really gets the crowd going with
all the clapping in the beginning of the song. I feel like STP have accomplished more in the last 6 months than they have in the last few years. Now that they actually know when they will be performing ahead of time, they can schedule awesome
shows as this one! Way to go guys!

8)

This was funny.  Glad it works for you.

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 10:33:23 PM »
Sorry, I STILL can't get into this Chester band. I can't. I've never liked his voice. BUT I will say Lady Picture Show I absolutely loved.

As I had posted previously, I hooked up speakers to my laptop and it was loud and sounded great. I swear, I was standing up and dancing and singing aloud. I was having a good time. It was beautiful to see Eric and the Brothers rocking out.

You guys know I am against them keeping the name and all that. This band is Talk Show to me.

I have the new EP and have listened to it on a loop many many times. They're performing near LA in December and I'm planning on going.

I am trying hard to like this new STP. I'm doing everything possible. But it's not working. Sorry, STP is the Original 4.

PS. I will be watching both encores tomorrow.

Hey Blueberry!

Glad you are kind of coming around to STP 3.0 :) It took me awhile to come around. I saw them back over a month ago and I can give you a tip.... Have you ever seen those magic eye pictures? The ones that you have to stare at for a few to see the image buried in the random trippy picture. Have you been able to learn the trick is to just zone out your vision and not "look" directly at it and more look thru it... Well if you can do this, then go for it when you see Chester on stage with STP, you can make him look fuzzy by using this trick and when he's all fuzzy I can't see that he is not Scott. It worked like a charm and maybe kept me from crying at the show from the realization that STP is done again.... Don't look directly at him either. It helps.

I am with you Blueberry that I have really tried hard to like this new incarnation.  But I just can't do it.  I even tried your trick DeLeo and tried to blur out and not look directly at it but I still can hear Chester's voice!!  The band sounds super tight on this, but I just can't get past the vocals.  I am sad that STP is playing 45 minutes away from me tonight and I just can't bring myself to go to the show.  I watched both encores today trying to convince myself, but and I just can't do it!

Okay, well, I AGAIN fully enjoyed the show, this morning and and just now. How can I not enjoy seeing Kretz and the Brothers rocking out? I fucking love those guys.

DELEO, I can't do it. I blurred it out by taking off my glasses. Couldn't see a damn thing, but my ears? What do I do with those? Yeah, I can't, I still can't.

I know I was being bashed for my opinion on this STP 3.0 (as DELEO put it, lol). That's cool. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But as I've said, I keep TRYING and TRYING and TRYING to get used to CheSTP. I can't. It upsets me knowing that STP Original 4 will never happen again. CheSTP is Talk Show 2.0 to me.

Excuse me while I go watch STP's House of Blues 2000 show.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2013, 01:09:26 AM »
Setlist, please?
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

fattcamp

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2013, 06:12:43 AM »
Havn't gone through the entire thing yet, but looks like I got a high-res screen capture of the entire show using screenflow. Recorded to highest possible audio/video settings. Cropping and exporting at highest quality to watch first... and if she looks good, I'll convert it for web use or whatever makes the most sense and share it with Below Empty. Right now it's sitting at about 100 gigs so it'll need some compressin'... hah!

-Dave

RR123

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2013, 08:39:10 AM »
Whole show as been uploaded on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChesterBNetwork?feature=watch
In case someone  who missed the live streaming can check it out . :)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2013, 02:00:38 PM »
I got the whole thing in high-res too... except I missed the beginning of Down; I had to give my two year old medicine right before it started, and he kept spitting it out. Ah, kids. I'm going to try to splice in Down from YouTube, and I'll keep the whole thing as a backup version.

lpplus

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2013, 07:42:32 PM »
Stone Temple Pilots 2013-11-01 Hard Rock Live, Biloxi, MS, USA Complete Webcast [720p]
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=470679

http://lp-bits.com/details.php?id=470
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:22:51 PM by lpplus »

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2013, 02:18:50 AM »
Stone Temple Pilots 2013-11-01 Hard Rock Live, Biloxi, MS, USA Complete Webcast [720p]

Losing faith quick with them not incorporating new songs from the EP
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 02:23:53 AM »

Losing faith quick with them not incorporating new songs from the EP

I'm not sure why they aren't playing the whole EP live. It's only 5 songs. They sounded great in Biloxi, though.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

fattcamp

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013, 05:00:16 AM »
My screen capture looks great in all it's lossless glory, but going to check out the torrents mentioned in this post to see if they're better. If mine beats it for any reason, I'll make sure to share them. Cheers!

-Dave

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2013, 08:15:01 AM »
There a link for any MP3s? Show sounds GREAT!
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:25 PM »

Love it or hate it ... one can't deny that Chester has really embraced this & has shown great improvement in singing the songs .... he sounds pretty damn good here.
I got a picture of a photograph ...