September 30, 2024, 11:33:57 AM

Author Topic: 11/01/13 Live stream of Biloxi, MS show  (Read 15011 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 11/01/13 Live stream of Biloxi, MS show
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 03:05:43 AM »
Yeah the stream is getting screwy, I'm getting low bandwidth now, it looks and sounds very compressed.

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 03:06:12 AM »
I've had some skipping too. But aside from that, the stream is fabulous as is the audio. I hooked up some speakers to my laptop.

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 03:13:28 AM »
Did he change it to "no sex no violence"? And is Robert singing with him?

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 03:32:41 AM »
Wow, that was actually really good.

The boys have it, for sure.
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 03:44:19 AM »
They sounded great. Chester sings the hell out of those songs. Some tunes he's perfect for. Some, not so much.
Band sounded tight. I'd be lying if I said I don't miss Scott though.

All in all, I like that they are doing things like this. Perhaps, this is just another thing that Chester brings to the table from his experience with LP, who are a VERY fan-driven band.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 03:50:29 AM »
Awesome show.

The band was terrific as always, and Chester sounded really fucking good.

I agree some songs fit him better than others; like Wicked Garden is kinda "eh", where Pop's Love Suicide seems like it was written for him.

Jani

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 03:54:28 AM »
IMO Sex And Violence fits perfect for Chester's voice.

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 03:55:40 AM »
Sorry, I STILL can't get into this Chester band. I can't. I've never liked his voice. BUT I will say Lady Picture Show I absolutely loved.

As I had posted previously, I hooked up speakers to my laptop and it was loud and sounded great. I swear, I was standing up and dancing and singing aloud. I was having a good time. It was beautiful to see Eric and the Brothers rocking out.

You guys know I am against them keeping the name and all that. This band is Talk Show to me.

I have the new EP and have listened to it on a loop many many times. They're performing near LA in December and I'm planning on going.

I am trying hard to like this new STP. I'm doing everything possible. But it's not working. Sorry, STP is the Original 4.

PS. I will be watching both encores tomorrow.

fattcamp

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 04:13:20 AM »
Hey Guys. Newer to the forum. Huge STP/AOA fan here. Been a fan of STP since I was in grade 6 when Core came out. I love everything they have done, and everything they're doing now. Can't wait to hear more.

Just wanted you all to know that I'll be attempting a ridiculously high-res screen capture (both audio/video) of the encore show tomorrow morning. Screwed up the times tonight and missed it! I'll see how she goes, but I've got a 3TB drive waiting to be filled with good stuff. If she works out, I'd be happy to share with the elite media section that I don't seem to have access too... if possible.

Either way... jelous of everyone that got to see it. I was at the local record store's 25th anniversary show and thought I'd be home in time to see it. Cheers guys. I've also backed up some AOE vids that disappeared online but recently resurfaced if anyone would like copies for the archives. Cheers!

-Dave
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:10:50 AM by Fattcamp »

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2013, 04:55:45 AM »
Sorry, I STILL can't get into this Chester band. I can't. I've never liked his voice. BUT I will say Lady Picture Show I absolutely loved.

As I had posted previously, I hooked up speakers to my laptop and it was loud and sounded great. I swear, I was standing up and dancing and singing aloud. I was having a good time. It was beautiful to see Eric and the Brothers rocking out.

You guys know I am against them keeping the name and all that. This band is Talk Show to me.

I have the new EP and have listened to it on a loop many many times. They're performing near LA in December and I'm planning on going.

I am trying hard to like this new STP. I'm doing everything possible. But it's not working. Sorry, STP is the Original 4.

PS. I will be watching both encores tomorrow.

Hey Blueberry!

Glad you are kind of coming around to STP 3.0 :) It took me awhile to come around. I saw them back over a month ago and I can give you a tip.... Have you ever seen those magic eye pictures? The ones that you have to stare at for a few to see the image buried in the random trippy picture. Have you been able to learn the trick is to just zone out your vision and not "look" directly at it and more look thru it... Well if you can do this, then go for it when you see Chester on stage with STP, you can make him look fuzzy by using this trick and when he's all fuzzy I can't see that he is not Scott. It worked like a charm and maybe kept me from crying at the show from the realization that STP is done again.... Don't look directly at him either. It helps.

lpplus

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2013, 05:30:20 AM »
Does anyone recorded the webcas?

pilothead

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2013, 03:05:59 PM »
If you missed it, there will be an encore today at 10 am CDT and tomorrow at 3 pm CDT on entlive.com...It was an awesome show...I have to say, sex and violence was the best performance of the night..
t~RoY

\"If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend\" - Scott Weiland

Jani

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 04:50:29 PM »
They sound great.

Hope they put an album out in the first half of 2014.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »
Did he change it to "no sex no violence"? And is Robert singing with him?

He did change it. lol you noticed that too! Thought I was the only one. But that's a small detail. We know that Scott would change a few lyrics here and there when STP performed live.

I also thought that this show was a solid one all the way through! The crowd was great as well and really participated with most of the songs. The good thing about performing Black Heart is that Chester really gets the crowd going with
all the clapping in the beginning of the song. I feel like STP have accomplished more in the last 6 months than they have in the last few years. Now that they actually know when they will be performing ahead of time, they can schedule awesome
shows as this one! Way to go guys!

8)