October 01, 2024, 06:38:38 PM

Author Topic: New Robert interview, some interesting tidbits  (Read 5295 times)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
New Robert interview, some interesting tidbits
« on: October 16, 2013, 02:05:06 AM »

The Whole interview is here: http://loudwire.com/stone-temple-pilots-robert-deleo-high-rise-ep-fan-reaction-new-lineup/

...I guess the first thing I can say is it’s nice to be constructively creative again with four people in the room doing it...

...I realize that I spend a lot more of my energy where it should be onstage performing instead of wondering if someone is going to make it to the show....

...Look man, people are going to say what they want to say and the Internet allows that to happen. You can’t stop that or control it. I don’t go on and read what people have to say, most of the people that go on and read and say stuff are for the majority it’s a lot negative stuff no matter what or who you are. It’s human nature...

...We’ve got Japan in a few weeks. That’s going to be the first time we’ve been there since 1993, STP. We’ve only been there once. It’s amazing what drug busts will do about allowing you into the country. We’ve only been there once and we weren’t really allowed back. So, this is a really cool thing to be able to go back there 20 years later. Did I just say that? 20 years, holy s—. We’ve got a couple of shows there and a lot of press. Time to go over and visit some fans that really missed out on a lot of STP, it’s a shame.
After that, we go to Australia. Back to Australia, which I’m really looking forward to. Another place that we’ve only been to once in our whole career. Once again, it’s amazing what drug busts will do to allow you into countries...

You've got to admit that when you have a singer showing up hours late and sometimes not making it at all, that's got to be really tough to deal with. Also, I know that what he is saying about a criminal record/drug busts and other countries is true. My friend and former drummer got his foot in the door filling in for a band on Geffen (that never went anywhere) whose drummer couldn't travel to where Geffen was sending them to tour.
A few connections later and he has a full time gig drumming for CSS.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Robert interview, some interesting tidbits
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 03:39:23 AM »
Not sure about Japan but theyll be well recieved in Australia

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 04:51:17 AM »
I've known that Japan is incredibly strict with letting people into their country who've been convicted of crimes, which Scott has his share of. But Velvet Revolver, AND Scott were granted visas and allowed to tour in 2005(http://youtu.be/LJYRN9VrtMI).  Have the show somewhere, looked like a great concert.

"Hey there... how's your steak?"

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 05:02:57 AM »
"again, it’s amazing what drug busts will do to allow you into countries."
HAHAHAHA!

Maybe Scott snuck in under the VR name and no one realized....

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 06:55:53 AM »
Japan allowed VR to tour without incident in 2005, but denied them in 2007 http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/11/20/us-velvetrevolver-japan-idUSN1953754820071120

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 07:48:27 AM »
"I think the people that come out and see the show, they get it." -Robert DeLeo.

Exactly! Going to the actual concert leaves out all the internet trolls who just talk trash all day behind a computer screen. Of courrrrrrse we haven't seen that here.  ::) I'm happy for the STP guys! Their energy is back, new music, it's all  awesome! Good interview.

8)

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 09:30:26 AM »
"I think the people that come out and see the show, they get it." -Robert DeLeo.

Exactly! Going to the actual concert leaves out all the internet trolls who just talk trash all day behind a computer screen. Of courrrrrrse we haven't seen that here.  ::) I'm happy for the STP guys! Their energy is back, new music, it's all  awesome! Good interview.

8)

Clearly anyone who doesn't love 'High Rise' or the direction these guys are going, couldn't possibly just be disappointed fans?  So, they must be internet trolls?  Yeah, it's the only way to explain people's negative reactions.  That's not delusional at all.

Right........

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 10:47:49 AM »

8)

Clearly anyone who doesn't love 'High Rise' or the direction these guys are going, couldn't possibly just be disappointed fans?  So, they must be internet trolls?  Yeah, it's the only way to explain people's negative reactions.  That's not delusional at all.

Right........

Defensive much? He didn't say that at all, you just inferred everything you are complaining about from his post.

Not all people who dislike the EP are trolls of course, but nobody suggested that. That's not to say that there aren't a number of trolls on this board who just talk shit and make up nonsense to irritate everyone though. I don't think that of you at all, you present your ideas with reasoning. I don't agree with them, particularly your hamfisted legal interpretations, but I don't doubt your sincerity either.

Not everybody here is arguing with pure intentions however, you'd better believe that.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
The more things change the more they stay the same?  The guys get a new singer yet here they are promoting there new .music w/o him, lol

Good to hear the guys doing press and getting out there, think Robs doin a radio int up here in t/great white north tonight
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:26:36 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 06:28:23 PM »
Actually just happened nothing, a 5min interview W/nothing real new but main theme being the amount of fun theyre having at the moment and its been a while since the band has had that vibe, then -Black Heart- was played
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 03:07:22 AM »

8)

Right........

Defensive much? He didn't say that at all, you just inferred everything you are complaining about from his post.

Not all people who dislike the EP are trolls of course, but nobody suggested that. That's not to say that there aren't a number of trolls on this board who just talk shit and make up nonsense to irritate everyone though. I don't think that of you at all, you present your ideas with reasoning. I don't agree with them, particularly your hamfisted legal interpretations, but I don't doubt your sincerity either.

Not everybody here is arguing with pure intentions however, you'd better believe that.

Siding with something Robert said, then throwing in the annotation that those not going to the live CheSTP shows were just the "internet trolls".  The post was incredibly smug and laughable (and a bit suggestive too!).  So I sarcastically called it out. 

Ha, I  know you & I don't see eye to eye at all, which happens. Opinions are going to differ.  But like I've said a million times, I don't claim to be 100% in the right.  "Hamfisted" or not, I believe in my side ("team Scott"), but I don't go around making assumptions or implying that everyone else ("team DeLeo's/Kretz") are complete fucking morons (or "internet trolls" for that matter).  I see and respect both sides of the argument, and I'll argue the merits I believe in accordingly.... but despite my personal beliefs/feelings, I'm consciously aware that neither side can be 100% right.