October 02, 2024, 07:36:09 AM

Author Topic: High Rise's total sales likely to never match STP's S/T album first week sales  (Read 11126 times)

NoWayOut87

Wow sad truth right?

High Rise is expected to sell 13,000 - 15,000 in it's opening week.

STP's Self Titled sold 62,000 in its opening week.

I seriously doubt High Rise will get close to 50,000 ever.

Just goes to show how many people don't support Chester fronting for STP.

Chester is bringing the boys to new lows

Silver guns and Candybars

Can someone who's not as lazy as me pull up the total sales thus far for both Talk Show and Army of Anyone?
High Rise may not even top those 2 albums.
It's already sad enough that Cage the fucking Elephant is going to sell more than a band with Robert, Dean, and Eric in it on opening week.
Thanks Chester.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Can someone who's not as lazy as me pull up the total sales thus far for both Talk Show and Army of Anyone?
High Rise may not even top those 2 albums.
It's already sad enough that Cage the fucking Elephant is going to sell more than a band with Robert, Dean, and Eric in it on opening week.
Thanks Chester.

Cage the Elephant aren't doing too well themselves, they are going to sell half the copies first week than they did on their last album.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
Does this come as a surprise to ANYONE???
Back for another one

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
didnt sell well but i still really like it and will be listening to it for a long time. very grateful for new music and hopefully low sales dont discourage them from making more music.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
didnt sell well but i still really like it and will be listening to it for a long time. very grateful for new music and hopefully low sales dont discourage them from making more music.

Low sales discouraged them from releasing any type of follow-up (single, EP or album) to Stone Temple Pilots, unfortunately.
Back for another one

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
They could sell exactly zero records, except one to me, and I would not care at all.

I hope they have a great future, touring with new tunes. Much more than before.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net

Low sales discouraged them from releasing any type of follow-up (single, EP or album) to Stone Temple Pilots, unfortunately.

I don't think the sales had anything to do with it.  The sales to self-titled were decent by today's standards for a rock album, especially for an older 90's band that hadn't released anything in a decade.  It debuted at #2, if it'd debuted at #20-25 with truly horrendous sales then I'd agree.  But in order to go Gold or have a bigger first week they'd have needed 2-3 major radio hits.

There's an interview with Kretz from 2011 where he was discussing hoping to start recording a new album by the end of the year.  I just think tension/Scott's issues prevented it from happening.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

I don't think the sales had anything to do with it.  The sales to self-titled were decent by today's standards for a rock album, especially for an older 90's band that hadn't released anything in a decade.  It debuted at #2, if it'd debuted at #20-25 with truly horrendous sales then I'd agree.  But in order to go Gold or have a bigger first week they'd have needed 2-3 major radio hits.

There's an interview with Kretz from 2011 where he was discussing hoping to start recording a new album by the end of the year.  I just think tension/Scott's issues prevented it from happening.

agreed, they seemed amped to put out more stuff i guess scott prevented it but that still seems weird to me since he is working on new music now

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
They could sell exactly zero records, except one to me, and I would not care at all.

Ditto
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile

Ditto
And let's not forget that this was an EP.

Metallica's recent EP from a little while back only sold about 36k their first week and they didn't have a new singer, and it was released on a major label. It only peaked at 29 and didn't really sell much after that point. EP's dont sell worth jack shit anymore. Chester has absolutely zero to do with it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:00:49 AM by LPAssociationDerek »

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

HA! You clearly don't pay attention. They made other videos from self titled and had more singles, but they fucked up when they released them and promoted them. I think it was mostly Scotts fault again if I remember right, something about not being able to sing certain songs live, rehab, ETC.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I will back up "LPAssociationDerek" and say EP's don't sell at all. Even more so from bands that people consider millionaires. Why would people want to give "millionaires" more money when they are having trouble feeding their kids and can download the album for free. Yes its "Illegal" but until they start throwing kids in jail for it, its not going to stop. Unless they create a way to stop it....

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I like how easily people switch from "My favorite band is number 153225 in the charts, but it means nothing because sales didn't mean shit ever" to "Ha! Look, their 5 song EP isn't going to sell too well! Losers!" mode.

1. Self-titled was supposed to be a big comeback album.
2. Self-titled was released on a major label with HUGE promotion at the start (it faded right after release)

3. This release is a five song EP from a band with a reputation fataly damaged by their former lead singer.
4. It was released on the indy label, with zero promotion.

To qoute myself: "I would say that the biggest challenge for the band is to undo all of the damage to the band's reputation and popularity that Scott caused the last few years. They will need to deal with a low attendence and lack of interest for some time solely because of Scott."
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
I will back up "LPAssociationDerek" and say EP's don't sell at all. Even more so from bands that people consider millionaires. Why would people want to give "millionaires" more money when they are having trouble feeding their kids and can download the album for free. Yes its "Illegal" but until they start throwing kids in jail for it, its not going to stop. Unless they create a way to stop it....
Especially when all I get asked is why the band is only releasing an EP and why they "didn't just record an album" (even though we all know the answer is time).

People just find a 5 song EP to be a waste and see no point in buying it. People want full albums. They don't want an EP that they'll be done with in 17 minutes.