September 25, 2024, 04:14:26 AM

Author Topic: New Robert DeLeo Interview  (Read 13320 times)

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
New Robert DeLeo Interview
« on: October 04, 2013, 09:13:49 PM »
Just found this on STP's FaceBook page, a new interview with Rob. He talks about Scott, about touring in the Middle East, and a few other things I hadn't seen before:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12059150/1/stone-temple-pilots-rob-deleo-talks-high-rise.html

InterstatePlushSong

Re: New Robert DeLeo Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 09:56:59 PM »
I'm convinced Robert really thinks Ches-TP will be a success and be well-received lmao. Poor guy is delusional

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 11:45:31 PM »
I'm convinced Robert really thinks Ches-TP will be a success and be well-received.

Based on the negative comments I read on BE, I'm convinced that's what some people on here fear most.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 07:58:02 AM »
Great question

Q: Speaking of which...when someone shows up late on a consistent basis, it usually means that they don't want to be there. Do you feel that perhaps Scott just didn't enjoy performing with the band?

A: Yes...it's something we've felt for a long time. Definitely felt that for a long time, absolutely.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 09:21:03 AM »
Good interview, you can tell the interviewer is a fan.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 10:00:08 AM »
Ehh...  mediocre interview.

A few good questions mixed in with a lot of promotional fluff. Then the interviewer lost me with: "High Rise has a very STP feel, but also very modern".  Yeah, because  'High Rise' is so indistinguishable from STP's other work............. right.

Between this interview, Dean's recent interview, and video interviews, I'm really starting to resent these guys more. With all the interviewers asking the same questions, and their incredibly smug answers regarding STP; it's really changing my opinion of these guys.  On the other hand, Eric seems to be the least delusional, and well spoken of the three.  Maybe Eric doesn't talk as much, but to me, he doesn't come off as bad/jaded as the other guys.

"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 05:02:22 PM »
Great question

Q: Speaking of which...when someone shows up late on a consistent basis, it usually means that they don't want to be there. Do you feel that perhaps Scott just didn't enjoy performing with the band?

A: Yes...it's something we've felt for a long time. Definitely felt that for a long time, absolutely.

It's like Scott dislikes the band as much as they dislike him.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 06:17:13 PM »
Great question

I know! They were pretty disrespectful the way they showed up for gigs sober, prepared, and on time. It's like they had no clue they were supposed to be gacked beyond belief, forget their own parts, and start an hour after they told the audience they would,

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »
DAMMIT!!!! How I've said a million times "When will STP come to India??!", and now they mention India. Scott-less! A dream of watching the original 4 since i was a kid is now replaced with this image :( 

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 03:26:48 AM »
DAMMIT!!!! How I've said a million times "When will STP come to India??!", and now they mention India. Scott-less! A dream of watching the original 4 since i was a kid is now replaced with this image :( 

My heart just broke a little for you. Talk about the worst tease of all time. :(

How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 04:13:31 AM »

Well, ive been asking the band and Scott solo to come over to Venezuela in every tour and shows since...2009...

I thought id finally see them in the S/T tour BUT they decided to skip my country again... They went to the border countries (Colombia and Brazil) and also many others like Argentina, Peru, Chile, Bolivia, i think Ecuador and Uruguay too... but not here.

I know its usually not the bands fault but the promoters of each country...but still, i wish they would have come here with Scott...
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 04:01:40 PM »

My heart just broke a little for you. Talk about the worst tease of all time. :(

I was wondering - and you'd know more about this than me - could it be that Chester/LP's popularity in India is the reason why the band is finally coming? Is LP massively popular there?

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 05:57:56 PM »
Great question

I know! They were pretty disrespectful the way they showed up for gigs sober, prepared, and on time. It's like they had no clue they were supposed to be gacked beyond belief, forget their own parts, and start an hour after they told the audience they would,

And they waited 20 years to fire him... None of Scott's antics are new to any extent of the imagination.  Complaining about this now is so childish, they could've axed him a LONG time ago if he was such a problem, but chose not to.  I don't have any sympathy for their pity parties they display in interviews lately.  Whoever said Erik is the only one who comes across as sane, I agree 100%.  Chester doesn't factor in here... DeLeo brothers have sunk to new lows throughout the last 9 months.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 06:03:48 PM »
Great question

And they waited 20 years to fire him... None of Scott's antics are new to any extent of the imagination.  Complaining about this now is so childish, they could've axed him a LONG time ago if he was such a problem, but chose not to.  I don't have any sympathy for their pity parties they display in interviews lately.  Whoever said Erik is the only one who comes across as sane, I agree 100%.  Chester doesn't factor in here... DeLeo brothers have sunk to new lows throughout the last 9 months.
I see. So, because they waited 20 years, and gave him every possible chance, it naturally follows, then, that they should NEVER be able to fire him.

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 06:50:54 PM »
Great question

I see. So, because they waited 20 years, and gave him every possible chance, it naturally follows, then, that they should NEVER be able to fire him.
No, you're missing the point.  They shouldn't be complaining acting like this is a "new" revelation that Scott had issues that affected the band at this point in time.  This is high school drama at its finest after all the revenue they cashed in by bringing Scott back for a reunion tour only to whine and complain after they fired him.  Firing him was two-fold in reasoning in my estimation: 1) Scott not being interested or on their same "agenda" (OK, I see their issue), and 2) Filing a lawsuit, keeping the STP name, bringing in an established "star" would sell tickets and put money in their bank accounts.  DeLeos are more manipulative/calculating that I had them pegged for, but I do not think the end result of all the PR they have tried to stimulate will ultimately last in a long-term sense.  They may get a nice cash grab for around a year on ticket sales, but that's about it - and a legendary band has been turned into a laughing stock at this point.  Lovely.