September 29, 2024, 01:18:23 AM

Author Topic: Won't be hard for Scott & The Wildabouts to top ChesTP's "High Rise"  (Read 7565 times)

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

Now that "High Rise" has leaked and most fans have heard the EP with their own ears, there's literally no doubt in my mind that Scotty and the Wildabouts new album will be better than "High Rise". Perhaps won't sell as much ( although High Rise will very likely flop ), but from a creative standpoint, it really shouldn't be difficult for Scotty and the boys to outdo Ches-TP.

I think this whole feud with the DeLeo's and Kretz has Weiland pumped and he will likely be more motivated than he's been in a VERY long time to show he's still got it. We all know the live shows haven't been much to talk about, but in the studio I definitely feel like Scott can still kill it.

I really feel like Scott will be pumping out some really good tunes on this upcoming album. Very very excited for it

the_serg79

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Won't be hard for Scott & The Wildabouts to top ChesTP's "High Rise"
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 12:10:28 AM »
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 12:19:40 AM »
dude we get it...you dont like high rise.

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 12:23:50 AM »
He's entitled to his opinion as everyone else.

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 12:36:55 AM »
I too believe Weiland is gonna have some extra motivation for this album as well. I'm also very curious to see how The Wildabouts will sound on record.

Can't wait until we get a release date
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 01:02:22 AM »
Appreciate it Bluebery  8)

God forbid someone has an opinion on a band forum...

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 01:28:59 AM »
You're absolutely entitled to your opinion... but you sound like you are rooting for STP with Chester to fail, which makes you sound bitter and kinda immature.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 01:35:59 AM »
Yeah, I can totally see Scott, in his current condition, and his fabulous band, the WinkyDinks, putting out a killer album in the near future. A real rocker that blows High Rise away.

I guess it's not surprising that some of Scott's fans are just as delusional as he is.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 01:38:06 AM »
for the record i wasnt saying he is not entitled to his opinion...he just started two topics within like five minutes of each other that both had titles slamming High Rise. wasnt trying to say he is not entitled to his opinion. my bad.

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 01:43:53 AM »
Weiland and the Wildabouts may have some pretty awful live shows, but in the studio anything is possible.
Especially with Weiland.
I absolutely believe he is still more than capable of sounding great on record.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 01:54:27 AM »
Weiland and the Wildabouts may have some pretty awful live shows, but in the studio anything is possible.
Especially with Weiland.
I absolutely believe he is still more than capable of sounding great on record.

I agree, and I sincerely do look forward to Scott's new album... which is why I don't get how someone would treat this as a competition, like they're wanting STP with Chester to flop. If you don't like their new music, that's okay. You don't have to buy their music. But why not just wish them the best and move on? These types of posts are just childish.

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 02:24:31 AM »
You're absolutely entitled to your opinion... but you sound like you are rooting for STP with Chester to fail, which makes you sound bitter and kinda immature.

Even though I believe it was meant to be short lived all along, I'm  definitely not hoping for Ches-TP to fail. Yes, personally I don't like High Rise at all, but I still wish the best for it sales wise and hope the DeLeo's and Kretz make lots of money off it. Song-wise though, I was hoping those 5 tracks from High Rise would knock me out of my chair or simply be enjoyable to listen to. I just found the content to be extremely uninspiring to say the very least and I would even go as far to say lazy.

Forget sales/media/shows for a moment. All I'm saying is content-wise on record, I think Weiland and the Wildabouts will give us better material than what is on High Rise.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 02:49:03 AM »
Yeah in the studio I bet weiland can sound good, that's what autotune is for! If he cracks or can't hit a note anymore, technology can do it for him! I was thinking it would be nice to still have Scott in the studio with STP, even if he can't sound good live anymore. Hell maybe we can get them to use a tape track so he doesn't have to sing live and he can fake it and then we can have OG STP back!?

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 02:56:55 AM »
Won't be hard for any band to top an EP that features Chester Bennington on vocals.

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 03:02:30 AM »

Even though I believe it was meant to be short lived all along, I'm  definitely not hoping for Ches-TP to fail. Yes, personally I don't like High Rise at all, but I still wish the best for it sales wise and hope the DeLeo's and Kretz make lots of money off it. Song-wise though, I was hoping those 5 tracks from High Rise would knock me out of my chair or simply be enjoyable to listen to. I just found the content to be extremely uninspiring to say the very least and I would even go as far to say lazy.

Forget sales/media/shows for a moment. All I'm saying is content-wise on record, I think Weiland and the Wildabouts will give us better material than what is on High Rise.
I was hoping for the same thing with Self Titled but not a single song out of the 12 tracks got even close to giving me any satisfaction. I realize its all opinion based but high rise definitely has some tunes I can enjoy