October 02, 2024, 07:32:12 AM

Author Topic: Coma  (Read 5127 times)

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Coma
« on: September 26, 2013, 08:08:30 AM »
                   Have they performed Coma yet with Chester? I feel this song would be perfect for him! It has that record scratching sound in the beginning and I bet he would belt out the chorus perfectly! If any STP song sounded like a LP song it would have to be that one. I always felt when SLDD came out in 2001 and when I first heard Coma, they just threw in that song to keep up with those times.(during the rap/rock era) I think it would have been a successful single if it was released after DOTW.

8)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Coma
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »
Totally agree, he's got that nasal sound down, and it's all over this song. Mind you, the lyrics are quite personal, but I suppose if you ditched every song about Scott's drug problems, or relationship issues, a lot of their best songs would be off the table.

Actually, the scratching sound really put me off this song at first, I don't like it, it sounds cheesy, but the actual song is such an amazing balls out rocker that now I hardly notice the cheesy scratching effect. This song should have been the first single off SLDD, it would have been a lot more successful.

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »
Coma was the first song that jumped into my mind when I found out the Chester would be singing for STP. Also, from the No4 album, he can probably do a good job with Glide. imo.

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 10:42:17 PM »
That "record scratching" sound at the beginning of Coma is actually Scott's voice with some effects/distortion, if i remember correctly.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:23:18 AM »
That "record scratching" sound at the beginning of Coma is actually Scott's voice with some effects/distortion, if i remember correctly.

Correctamundo
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 08:08:17 PM »

Correctamundo

Of course, my memory NEVER fails me! :p