September 25, 2024, 06:17:43 PM

Author Topic: Opinion on the state of STP  (Read 11830 times)

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Opinion on the state of STP
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 06:53:03 AM »
 Yeah, opinions of the state of STP.....

STP are moving forward, performing on time and creating new music the list goes on...The new STP 2013 is here to STAY! Everything positive!

STP with Scott Weiland, yeah maybe someday 5-10 years from now they might have some new music out. Not.

It's amazing people have not moved on from this. People have to put it through their heads that guess what : Scott Weiland is NEVER coming back. Plain and simple. Sorry to break it to you Weiland hopefuls! I hope that he has a huge successful solo album just as some of us STP fans that have been fans since the Core era aka 1992 like myself!  Can't wait myself! We all love and wish the best for him. Chester is in this till the end and like he said "We not fucking around".

It's like getting over a bad relationship. Been dating for 20 years, it's over. Get over it. Move on. Spend your time building a time machine and go back to the 90's, early 2000's and live there when Scott was amazing with STP.  There should also be a specific folder where only the negative people post. Chester plainly wrote Cry Cry about the anti Chester whiners who still can't get over the fact that Scott is no longer in the band. Cry me a river already!  How many months has it been since he's been booted? Come on! Why are you still in here posting negative crap. Go get involved in some other band if you think STP is no longer or "No Scott = No STP" as you anti Chesters love to say. Seriously. You can post hate messages here all day till you turn blue in the face. That's not going to change anything. Chester is still going to be in STP. Deal.With. It!

At least we finally have some new great tunes and not only that we'll keep on having great new S-T-P music. Not waiting years upon   years between each album!

I wish the best for the new STP and wish the best for Scott Weiland! We all love the guy! We want him to remain healthy and his voice strong if possible!  May we have great new albums from the both of them side by side!! Then we'll all be happy! Cheers!

8)

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 08:00:36 PM »
Basic observation
At some point the hate crowd is going to have to realize that whining on forums and writing bad reviews wherever they can isn't going to change anything. 

You know the tens-of-thousands of bands that write music that you don't like or listen to and how you don't troll their forums every fucking day?  Yeah.  Make it just like that here. 

The band isn't suddenly going to change when it reads a few angry reviews on the Below Empty forums.

Yeah, just look at Nickelback. They get a ton of shit even from other musicians and they don't give a fuck.
Please for the love of god do not compare our beloved STP to Nickelback

She wasn't comparing our beloved STP to Nickelback. She was comparing Ches-TP.
Chester Bennington and Chad Kroger are definitely on the same wave length.
Chad Kroger jammed with Jerry Cantrell, the guy can't be that bad.

Any form of a complimentary comment about Chad Kroger is absolutely forbidden on this forum and will result in a minimal 10 smites and your tires being slashed by Tyrant.
We will give you a warning this time.
Thank you oh benevolent Silverguns
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 01:26:54 AM »
Yeah, opinions of the state of STP.....

STP are moving forward, performing on time and creating new music the list goes on...The new STP 2013 is here to STAY! Everything positive!

STP with Scott Weiland, yeah maybe someday 5-10 years from now they might have some new music out. Not.

It's amazing people have not moved on from this. People have to put it through their heads that guess what : Scott Weiland is NEVER coming back. Plain and simple. Sorry to break it to you Weiland hopefuls! I hope that he has a huge successful solo album just as some of us STP fans that have been fans since the Core era aka 1992 like myself!  Can't wait myself! We all love and wish the best for him. Chester is in this till the end and like he said "We not fucking around".

It's like getting over a bad relationship. Been dating for 20 years, it's over. Get over it. Move on. Spend your time building a time machine and go back to the 90's, early 2000's and live there when Scott was amazing with STP.  There should also be a specific folder where only the negative people post. Chester plainly wrote Cry Cry about the anti Chester whiners who still can't get over the fact that Scott is no longer in the band. Cry me a river already!  How many months has it been since he's been booted? Come on! Why are you still in here posting negative crap. Go get involved in some other band if you think STP is no longer or "No Scott = No STP" as you anti Chesters love to say. Seriously. You can post hate messages here all day till you turn blue in the face. That's not going to change anything. Chester is still going to be in STP. Deal.With. It!

At least we finally have some new great tunes and not only that we'll keep on having great new S-T-P music. Not waiting years upon   years between each album!

I wish the best for the new STP and wish the best for Scott Weiland! We all love the guy! We want him to remain healthy and his voice strong if possible!  May we have great new albums from the both of them side by side!! Then we'll all be happy! Cheers!

8)

And I can't believe why people would accept this karaoke BS. The new music is not good and people are walking out of shows. Now STP is really f'd. Or I guess this isn't STP it STP w Chester. The only way the Deleos get away with this is if people pay their hard earned $$ to support. If its not financially viable, it dies. Because the Deleos can't function w/out Scott, isn't a reason to pull this stunt. They need to get a fucking life.  So now the Deleos have proved for the third time now they are incapable of doing anything worthwhile w/out Scott.  BTW, Scott would never work with these guys again anyways, they SUCK. STP should just be retired until someone opens the bank for them again. The Deleos are pathetic.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 01:30:15 AM »
BTW, Scott would never work with these guys again anyways, they SUCK.
Clearly, Scott would never work with any musicians who suck.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 01:47:59 AM »

And the Deleos are about to show that the third time is not the charm.  Just goes to show that they're basically session musicians. Scott's muse.

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 03:31:20 AM »

And the Deleos are about to show that the third time is not the charm.  Just goes to show that they're basically session musicians. Scott's muse.
So if the Deleos suck and are pathetic, then whats your problem???  Guess they did you a favor and fired Scott, right???? now Scott's free to write great music, like all the amazing tunes on HIG. Sounds like a win-win for everyone and there's no need to have anyone to have their panties in a bunch. Enjoy buddies!

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 02:44:55 AM »
His problem is that he's a petulant asshole who likes spending time trolling forums. 

The less attention the better. 

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 05:30:49 AM »

So if the Deleos suck and are pathetic, then whats your problem???  Guess they did you a favor and fired Scott, right???? now Scott's free to write great music, like all the amazing tunes on HIG. Sounds like a win-win for everyone and there's no need to have anyone to have their panties in a bunch. Enjoy buddies!

I do know the Deleos didn't do themselves any favors except prove for a third time now they'll never be successful w/out Scott.  How many times does the truth have to hit them in the head.  It's been 20 years and they still can't figure it out.  STP is nothing w/out Scott. 

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 05:32:05 AM »

Calling the DeLeos 'session musicians' proves that you are not a fan of Stone Temple Pilots, and never were a fan.  You are and were just a Scott Weiland fan.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 06:02:43 AM »

Calling the DeLeos 'session musicians' proves that you are not a fan of Stone Temple Pilots, and never were a fan.  You are and were just a Scott Weiland fan.

I've just never found their contributions to music that interesting aside from working with Scott.  Talk Show, I never listened to it more than a couple of times.  AOA, it was mediocre.  And this EP is about on par w/ AOA.  It takes a lot of talent to create any music and have it connect with a large audience and they've been incapable of meeting this bar w/out Scott.  Even what they're trying to do today is on Scott's back, they're his songs too.  It'd be worthy if they hitched on to Chester and took it for a ride but they've put themselves in this box of having to be compared with Scott.  It's unfair to Chester, to Scott, and to the fans, IMO.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 02:35:10 PM »
I've just never found their contributions to music that interesting aside from working with Scott.  Talk Show, I never listened to it more than a couple of times.  AOA, it was mediocre.  And this EP is about on par w/ AOA.  It takes a lot of talent to create any music and have it connect with a large audience and they've been incapable of meeting this bar w/out Scott.  Even what they're trying to do today is on Scott's back, they're his songs too.  It'd be worthy if they hitched on to Chester and took it for a ride but they've put themselves in this box of having to be compared with Scott.  It's unfair to Chester, to Scott, and to the fans, IMO. 
Then you shouldnt really have a complaint, since Scott is touring with session musicians right now, which is clearly something you're okay with.  I personally find the Deleo's contributions interesting.  Are they always on the mark?  Of course not (cough... Talk Show), but then again neither is Scott. 

Yes, the songs are Scott's too.  But he will continue to draw income from his songs.  I'd have a big complaint if all STP was doing right now is playing the old catalog, but its clear that the Deleos are focused on making and performing new music too.  They have just as much right to play the old STP songs with a new singer as Scott has to perform old STP songs with the Wildabouts.  I dont see how one is okay and not the other. 

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:38:18 PM by Aaron »

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 12:26:01 AM »
Then you shouldnt really have a complaint, since Scott is touring with session musicians right now, which is clearly something you're okay with.  I personally find the Deleo's contributions interesting.  Are they always on the mark?  Of course not (cough... Talk Show), but then again neither is Scott. 

Yes, the songs are Scott's too.  But he will continue to draw income from his songs.  I'd have a big complaint if all STP was doing right now is playing the old catalog, but its clear that the Deleos are focused on making and performing new music too.  They have just as much right to play the old STP songs with a new singer as Scott has to perform old STP songs with the Wildabouts.  I dont see how one is okay and not the other. 

Not my complaint.  I think most people agreed they needed a break from each other, including me.  STP w/ chester are leaning heavily on catalog, one of my major beefs with them right now.  Yes, the Deleos have the right to play the songs just as Scott does.  Does Scott have the right to play under the STP banner?  No, it's silly for several reasons.  Just as silly as this STP w/ Chester nonsense is.  I've seen Scott solo a handful of times over the years and I never thought he was taking it very seriously, he's out there fucking around having a good time.  Like Camp Freddy.  STP and VR were always completely different.  Different production, different game.  Not comparable, IMO.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 06:21:59 PM »
STP w/ chester are leaning heavily on catalog, one of my major beefs with them right now. 
They've been a band for like 6 months and have already released a 5-song EP.  Sorry, but thats pretty damn fast no matter what your metric is.

Does Scott have the right to play under the STP banner?
I never said anything about Scott playing under the STP banner on his own. 

I've seen Scott solo a handful of times over the years and I never thought he was taking it very seriously, he's out there fucking around having a good time. 
Scott is not taking ANYTHING seriously, thats the core problem.  Not the two huge bands he was in, not his voice, not his raw talent, not his health.  Scotts refusal to take anything seriously since 2006/7 is the reason he's in the situation he's in and why we're having this debate in the first place as fans.  If Scott wised up and took his career and his fans seriously, we'd still have the original lineup STP today and probably Velvet Revolver too.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:56:35 PM by Aaron »

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »
If you want a clue has to how deluded Scott is, take for example his declaring that he was reuniting with Velvet Revolver when no one had any clue what he was talking about. I don't know if he is so cocky that he thought just saying it would make it so or if he was so fucked up that he imagined a conversation that didn't happen, but either way he is delusional.

He probably has absolutely no idea how silly or bad things are. Meanwhile, STP has put out an EP and it is actually kind of good.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 06:51:15 PM »
If you want a clue has to how deluded Scott is, take for example his declaring that he was reuniting with Velvet Revolver when no one had any clue what he was talking about.
At that time, he also famously claimed he was already writing with VR.

With regard to his current situation, back in February of this year, he told Rolling Stone: “We're working on a rock & roll record. Over the last month we've recorded close to 30 songs. It's really lean and raw, sort of like garage rock.”

Scott's earlier claims about writing with VR lead me to believe his statements about having recorded 30 songs with the Whirligigs are complete and utter bullshit.