July 01, 2024, 08:10:08 AM

Author Topic: Secret STP Memories; old n' new  (Read 5461 times)

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Secret STP Memories; old n' new
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 05:34:08 AM »
All these "secrets" are really cool reading and finding out. Some I knew about you guys and gals, others not. So, I'll chime in a bit...

I think, and correct me someone if I'm wrong, but I may be the only BE member that was at the Norva in Norfolk back in '02 when the played, the one and only time performance of 'I Got You.' That was cool.

Met the Deleo bros for backstage M&G twice during their tour with AoA in '06. Super nice, took pics, exchanged some pleasantries, and showed Robert my fleuron tat. Later that night, during their performance of 'Piece of Pie', Robert knelt down in front of me and my friend while playing and then gave me his pick after the song.

Early in 2011, I saw them in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, I had 3rd row seats and after the encore, while taking their bow, fans rushed up. I took the opportunity to get up their just in time for Eric to hand me one of his drumsticks, which was already marked with the STP initials, Baltimore, and date.

Then, later in 2011, I was very fortunate to have gotten to sing the D&B intro, as some of you have done as well, you understand just how awesome that is. Interacting with all the guys on stage, in Atlantic City of all places, was just surreal and unforgettable. (Thanks Laura!)

Lastly, at a Scott show in DC last November, he took 2-3 minutes before playing Kitchenware & Candybars, to bend down in front of me and let me express my love to him, while (somewhat awkwardly) holding my hand.

All these experiences have been so fortunately amazing.

Thanks for letting me share... haha
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 05:48:35 AM »
Dammit, this thread simultaneously warms and breaks my heart.

I have so many great memories tied to STP.

My top three:

1. This website and all the great people I've "known" here. I really don't know what would have happened to my fandom if I hadn't stumbled upon Below Empty.

2. July 7, 2009 - Lansing, MI. Not only did I get to see STP on my birthday, but I also got to meet and hang out with some amazing people, including Cori, Christie...and some other Gurl (she was kinda weird).
My only regret from that day - Not thinking if I could find a way to get the boys to let my intro Dead and Bloated (since it was my birthday after all and we were pretty damn close to the stage/Robert).

3. April 16, 1997 - Saginaw, MI. My first STP concert. Amazing show that I was able to get a good quality bootleg of (in those early, dial-up internet days) that I still listen to.

4. The summer of 1993. My best friend (even still to this day) and I listened to Core on repeat while playing Super Mario Kart and drinking Dr. Pepper pretty much every day, all summer long. We both still talk about that summer with great nostalgia.

Hopefully we will have another chapter to add to this book and this isn't the final story. If so, what a crappy ending to a really long story!
+1
And that is what truly breaks my heart.
I was going to rant and spew venom, but I won't. It's all been said before.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 06:33:42 AM »

4. The summer of 1993. My best friend (even still to this day) and I listened to Core on repeat while playing Super Mario Kart and drinking Dr. Pepper pretty much every day, all summer long. We both still talk about that summer with great nostalgia.

I don't know you or anything but the sense of nostalgia is so strong, that I almost long to have shared that experience with you even though I was only 2 years old at the time!  Is that weird?
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 07:48:32 AM »
I talked to Scott for about 2-3 mins at Winstar back in 2011 while baked as hell. Briefly talked about Tiny, pizza, slots, Soundgarden, and First kiss on mars.

My greatest STP memory by far

EDIT: How could I forget? I asked him what his favorite song off Self Titled was and he said at the moment Peacoat.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:54:38 AM by stpunderground »
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides