October 01, 2024, 07:33:10 PM

Author Topic: Secret STP Memories; old n' new  (Read 7113 times)

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Secret STP Memories; old n' new
« on: September 19, 2013, 02:17:47 AM »
Since this has been a week of hell of this board, I figured id start a new topic to build up some comradery;
a place for us to share with others, "Secret STP Moments" . :)

Cool or interesting moments and stories that we've experienced with the band or band member,
throughout their career.

Share the good times!!!!!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Secret STP Memories; old n' new
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 03:21:34 AM »
This is beyond not a secret. Those who have been around log enough know what's coming.

Weiland's hand on my ass is rivaled only by the birth of my son.

My VERY favorite memories though aren't about STp themselves, but rather all the good people who have entered my life because of them. All the "Bad Girls" - not that there are any - meeting  Josh (Rocketboy) after 13 years of online friendship - and my beloved Aaron who I hope to hug in person some day. Rik, who has disappeared but whom I have known for 16 years! There are too many of you to mention by name, but it's all of YOU that made this ride as much fun as it has been. Hopefully we will have another chapter to add to this book and this isn't the final story. If so, what a crappy ending to a really long story!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:34:37 AM by STPGurl »
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 06:00:53 AM »
I recall Scott saying in the Summer of 98 that the next STP album ( No.4) would be a billion times better than the Beatles White Album. This warmed my heart as I thought STP was finished after Tiny Music.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:37:46 AM »
I got to start Dead and Bloated with a buddy at a show in Cleveland in 2011.  Footage never surfaced, but after we sang the lines I dove into the crowd.  Loved every second!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 02:30:27 PM »
I got to start Dead and Bloated with a buddy at a show in Cleveland in 2011.  Footage never surfaced, but after we sang the lines I dove into the crowd.  Loved every second!

I can vouch! I saw it happen - it wasn't just a dream.

That was a special show for me, too - it was the last STP show I attended and was a week away from having my son. It warms my heart to know my little guy got to "see" STP.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »
Old: I got to see them play an intimate acoustic set in the John Lennon Room at Hard Rock Orlando on New Year's Eve 2001 before their show that night. Won tickets off the radio. I had to get really drunk for the meet and greet, because I was super nervous. They were all smiles, except Scott, who was kinda reserved. Until I said they were the greatest band ever. Scott smiled and said thank you. They played a killer show that night.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 07:45:30 PM »
I met Scott in 2008 and got to talk to him for a few minutes.  With the path he unfortunately seems headed on, I'm very glad I got to meet him, shake his hand, and tell him how much his music has meant to me.

I met the DeLeos/Kretz (...and Chester) recently and Robert gave me his shirt from No. 4 era.  All of them were so nice, great senses of humor.  I think the second I brought up Talk Show they knew I was a nut.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 08:52:40 PM »
Old: I got to see them play an intimate acoustic set in the John Lennon Room at Hard Rock Orlando on New Year's Eve 2001 before their show that night. Won tickets off the radio. I had to get really drunk for the meet and greet, because I was super nervous. They were all smiles, except Scott, who was kinda reserved. Until I said they were the greatest band ever. Scott smiled and said thank you. They played a killer show that night.

You sir, can die in peace after that experience.
Seems like you left me when you broke down

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 10:03:42 PM »
OLD-  Back on June 1st 1998, was excited to see Weiland perform @ 8pm @ NYC Irving Plaza.
Got to the venue and stood outside, only to find out that Weiland had just got arrested for buying dope.
Daniel Lanois arrived minutes after me on a bicycle, wearing heavy black mascara!?! Kinda strange. I think he was living in the area at the time, and decided to bike over. When he arrived he was so pissed when he found out abt Scott!! He was cursing under his breath......"wasted my time"!

Two minutes after that Martyn LeNoble showed up. Pissed off as well.
We had a few cigarettes outside. Talked abt the situation. And then I left.

Love the guy, but  that was the first of many times that Weiland n his addictions let me down.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 01:17:11 AM »
Hand on ass...funny.

Going to MGD Blind Date back in the day, I believe it's now known as the Las Vegas HOB 1999 show.  Not knowing who band was.  Then the curtain comes up........... it's Weiland doing Crackerman.  Unfuckin believable.  Unreal night.  They hadn't really played a gig in a couple of years so it was awesome that my favorite band ended up being the secret band.  A couple of interesting notes:  the opening band that night was Tenacious D before anyone knew who the fuck Jack Black was.  I've never seen a band boo'd as merciless as these guys were that night.  Also, a portion of the STT performance was used in the STT montage video on Thank You DVD and a clear glimpse of me you can see.  Unforgettable night. 

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 02:04:14 AM »
Couple of mine.

I got to attend the acoustic performance in front of Tower Records in San Diego that the boys did back in 2000. Trippin' acoustic is the most famous video out there, though the audio is poor. There was a meet and greet afterwards and I got to meet all the guys. They signed the cover of my Purple vinyl.

Also, you can see me on the Thank You DVD during the performance of Creep from the Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas in 2001 or 2002.

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 03:26:10 AM »
Couple of mine.

I got to attend the acoustic performance in front of Tower Records in San Diego that the boys did back in 2000. Trippin' acoustic is the most famous video out there, though the audio is poor. There was a meet and greet afterwards and I got to meet all the guys. They signed the cover of my Purple vinyl.

Also, you can see me on the Thank You DVD during the performance of Creep from the Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas in 2001 or 2002.
that was such a great performance. love it!

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 04:41:37 AM »
I got to meet all four of the guys at a CD signing at Tower Records in NYC the week that SLDD was released.
That'll always be a special day for me. It's not every day that you get to meet your favorite band.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 04:43:31 AM »
I got to meet all four of the guys at a CD signing at Tower Records in NYC the week that SLDD was released.
That'll always be a special day for me. It's not every day that you get to meet your favorite band.
I was there too. special for me too. I believe scott entered into the room, while getting a piggy-back ride from Robert.
ahhhhhhh the good ole' days!

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 05:03:45 AM »
I got to meet Rob and Dean with three of my best friends before a show here in Tulsa, OK back in 2002 right after graduating from high school. I remember talking to them about SLDD, them writing new material, and all sorts of topics they seemed really excited to talk about...they especially seemed excited that I was in to their latest the album.

I remember Dean saying, "oh, you are the guy who bought the album" and then he and Rob laughed. I told them they should play deeper cuts like Bipolar Bear & Hello It's Late and they said they would try to integrate those songs eventually.

They were very gracious and really looked me in the eye while we talked, they seemed very genuine and like they really cared what I was saying.

I got them to sign my ticket stub, unfortunately this was before the smartphone, and I didn't have a camera so I didn't get pictures.

Eric came out of the bus and starting riding his bicycle around the alley. I said hey to him when he rode by and he waved and said, "hey." I'm sure a one word exchange is the norm for Eric.

I asked Dean if Scott was going to come out and he said Scott was "under the weather" but it did not show during the performance, he totally nailed it, the absolute best of the STP shows I have seen. But I did not see them again until 2008.

Overall it was just an amazing experience....oh yeah, in between songs during the show Dean threw me his pick and I caught it, I held it up and he pointed at me...my friends were super jealous.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:10:12 AM by stp4 »