September 21, 2024, 12:04:59 PM

Author Topic: Dean + Chester Fuse Interview - some pretty direct comments from Dean  (Read 8824 times)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

Found this on YouTube and hadn't seen it posted here yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdS3wIh5WP0

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
Re: Dean + Chester Fuse Interview - some pretty direct comments from Dean
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 09:26:46 PM »
great clip. he seemed all fired up.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 12:44:18 AM »
Thanks for sharing.
And Dean is right on the money.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 12:57:46 AM »
Thanks for sharing.
And Dean is right on the money.

I liked his fire and the interview in general
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 01:07:51 AM »
Since Scott was fired I have had the increasing sense that the buck stops with Dean.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 01:19:06 AM »
Testy.  Would love to hear the question that was asked.  Too bad every song STP has written is credited to S Weiland.  Every single one.  It will never be his......ever.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 01:35:40 AM »
Too bad every song STP has written is credited to S Weiland.  Every single one.  It will never be his......ever.

Nope. Scott's only credit with "Words by", he's very RARELY been credited with the actual songwriting.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:58:36 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 02:01:26 AM »
Pretty cool and I agree with Dean. They shouldn't have to constantly wait on pins and needles (no pun intended) for Scott. You can tell that they are really passionate about this and that Chester is really into it as well. Hope we get a Cali date soon.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 06:06:10 AM »
  I love this!
 This is basically a HUGE F you to all the New STP/Chester haters! Dean has every right to say this! He and the rest of the band have put in too many long years to still be waiting around and the "carpet pulled from underneath them" as he simply put it. Nobody else has a say or have walked in their shoes. Take it or say adios and move on! Excited for the new album!!

8)

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 06:39:55 AM »
I had no idea that "Stone Temple Pilots" was Dean's boy hood dream, or that he started the band himself, let alone the band is entirely HIS, and that he alone deserves it more than anyone else.

There's a big difference between "MINE" and "OURS", which he seems to have forgotten.  If his dream was to play music for a living then he should be thanking his brother for inviting him into the band, or Corey Hicock for leaving; without whom he'd be working a regular job.  But even despite all that, he's acting like Scott was holding him back from his childhood dream, which is ridiculous.  He was ONLY able to realize his dream in part due to Scott, so despite how things ended AFTER 20 YEARS, he should be thankful for that.  STP's success is the only thing that allowed him to continue his "dream".  But two attempts without Scott failed by comparison, and now he's back to milk the one thing that worked.  So this "fired up" sense of self-entitlement is bullshit.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 06:53:24 AM »
I had no idea that "Stone Temple Pilots" was Dean's boy hood dream, or that he started the band himself, let alone the band is entirely HIS, and that he alone deserves it more than anyone else.

There's a big difference between "MINE" and "OURS", which he seems to have forgotten.  If his dream was to play music for a living then he should be thanking his brother for inviting him into the band, or Corey Hicock for leaving; without whom he'd be working a regular job.  But even despite all that, he's acting like Scott was holding him back from his childhood dream, which is ridiculous.  He was ONLY able to realize his dream in part due to Scott, so despite how things ended AFTER 20 YEARS, he should be thankful for that.  STP's success is the only thing that allowed him to continue his "dream".  But two attempts without Scott failed by comparison, and now he's back to milk the one thing that worked.  So this "fired up" sense of self-entitlement is bullshit.

My thoughts exactly.
If you only knew..

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 08:10:31 AM »
like a Boss, Dean! STEAK stop being an enabler already
I had the midwife naked and alone

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 05:00:49 PM »

Bitch, please.

If anyone is self entitled, it's you for thinking anyone here gives a flying fuck or that Dean should give a fuck what you, a so-called "fan", thinks. Get over yourself.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:04:08 PM by Down-Plush »

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »

Those who say Scott is the heart of STP would have a lot more credibility with me if they reacted similarly regarding any band member departure of a loved band. As I've said before, just because vocals are the most easily relatable and identifiable parts of a song don't make them the heart.

Too bad every song STP has written is credited to S Weiland.  Every single one.  It will never be his......ever.

Nope. Scott's only credit with "Words by", he's very RARELY been credited with the actual songwriting.

Songwriting credit is whatever the band wants it to be. Van Halen, for example, always gave credit to Alex Van Halen, Edward Van Halen, Michael Anthony, David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar. Not sure royalties were split equally, but their attitude was that everyone contributed even if Sam/Dave and Ed were the driving force, so Ll got credit.

STP lists it individually by song. It's a band's prerogative.

For copyright purposes, though, lyrics are just as important as anything else.

To Blu'es point, it seems that solo Scott relies on a songwriting partnership. He got lots of help on 12B. Since then it's been Doug.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 06:06:56 PM »
20 days.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy