September 21, 2024, 01:36:48 AM

Author Topic: Chester is saving STP  (Read 13915 times)

DeadandTrippin92

Re: Chester is saving STP
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 09:22:14 PM »
This thread made me laugh, cmon honestly we know that's bullshit.

Chester is an embarrassment to STP and Rock n Roll.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 09:33:18 PM »

You're right.

You can tell by the ticket sales.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:40:19 PM by ShaneC »
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 09:40:45 PM »

To be blunt, I doubt you know much about either.

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 09:46:45 PM »

I've been an STP fan for 4 years now and got into them after my buddy said they were influenced by Zeppelin, my favorite band. But go ahead and keep telling yourself that... smh

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 09:47:31 PM »
Bringing this back to an earlier post about how "well" Richard Patrick fit Dean and Robert's style.

First, what goes into making that so? Is it a quality AoA album? Well then let's wait and see what this brings.

And is all the Chester hate derived from his day job as LP's singer?

It's evident that he's not Scott Weiland, but nobody else is.
I love Filter, but Richard Patrick has a very specific style that he doesn't deviate from. I don't want to call him a one-trick pony, but he's no Scott Weiland either.

As someone else mentioned, if the name is your problem, then fear not, the name has already been distinguished.
Nobody went to watch Queen with Paul Rodgers and thought they were getting Freddie Mercury, (death notwithstanding).
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 09:50:51 PM »

I've been an STP fan for 4 years now and got into them after my buddy said they were influenced by Zeppelin, my favorite band. But go ahead and keep telling yourself that... smh

Most people here have been fans since 1992. Not that this changes anything, but 4 years is a very short time to be an STP fan.

Just give the EP a chance, man. You might like some of the new stuff, just don't look at it as a comparison to the Scott albums.

- Ron Burgundy

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 09:53:07 PM »

You're right.

The same people that buy LP tickets are the same people who listen to Nickelback, Creed, Fall Out Boy, Little Wayne, and Limp Bizkit. I feel bad for all the STP fans that go to the new fake STP's shows because 1. They have to hear Chester Bennington butcher all their songs 2. Now with Chester's name attached to the band, there's a good chance they're standing not too far away from a bunch of douchebags and hipsters

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 10:05:41 PM »

You're right.

The same people that buy LP tickets are the same people who listen to Nickelback, Creed, Fall Out Boy, Little Wayne, and Limp Bizkit. I feel bad for all the STP fans that go to the new fake STP's shows because 1. They have to hear Chester Bennington butcher all their songs 2. Now with Chester's name attached to the band, there's a good chance they're standing not too far away from a bunch of douchebags and hipsters

Not necessarily. I like alot of LP tunes, well maybe 12 songs or so, but I hate all the other bands you mentioned. We must have some similar musical taste, though, since you mentioned Led Zeppelin earlier. I just like Rock n Roll, and I think Chester will probably make some great tunes with these guys.

The tunes won't be like LP tunes, since Mike Shinoda is a rap element to that band. LP have a few solid rockers, though.

Maybe Scott will toss out an album that makes us all happy that he's on his own.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:12:29 PM by ShaneC »

- Ron Burgundy

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »
Chester's an embarrassment to rock and roll? There were those that said that about Weiland in the 90s.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2013, 02:35:02 AM »

"It's about allowing an amazing band have a future that they couldn't have with Scott.
Is that really what it's about?

Because, the way I see it is that this "amazing band" was completely reliant on Scott and the STP brand... while Scott wasn't reliant on them.  Scott was able to branch out and do his own thing by himself and with other bands,  while this "amazing band" didn't reach much success with either attempt at a new band.  So, for the sake of the all mighty dollar.... they're trying to squeeze out every last bit of recognition and money from the STP legacy, rather than attempting to use their musical talents to start their own NEW band (with Chester).   Hell, VR did fine as a NEW band with a famous band and a famous singer.... I don't see why the DeLeos and Chester couldn't do the same.               

Oh wait... because it's more about the money than the music or legacy of a great band.

since when was it a crime to make money? I don't understand your point. Also, last time I checked, Scott's solo tour was all abt performing STP songs, not his solo stuff.
That's right.........cause it's all abt the money for him too!

Making money isn't a crime.... but what the DeLeo's are doing to the STP name is.

In interviews, the DeLeos go on about "the music" and "STP" when it's just a load of bullshit.  Personally, I think they're more than talented enough to start a NEW band w/ Chester, but based on their previous failures, they decided to try and milk the STP "brand" for all it's worth (which I see as a big "fuck you" to Scott and the fans).  If it was really about "the music" then they'd start a new band, with new music, and become successful based off their talents.... not trying to ride out the success of their OLD BAND. 

As far as Scott goes, he's ALWAYS made it clear that he's touring for money.  He's always been open and honest about that aspect.  The difference is, Scott actually MAKES & PLAYS new music!  The only reason this last tour had an emphasis on STP music was because of Core's 20's anniversary, and the tour STP never did.  Otherwise, on ALL of Scott's previous tours, he's played a mix of everything from solo stuff, STP, VR, and a ton of covers.  At his solo shows, people would chant "STP" and he'd always shut them down saying that "this isn't an STP show"

Regardless of where Scott has been in his career, or what he's been going through, he's ALWAYS been about making music.  One project ends, he's onto the next one, or back to his solo work.  The ONLY reason the DeLeos did an STP reunion was for money!  Scott was always open to playing with them again, even when he was in VR, he said he'd play with them if he had the chance.  STP's "greatest hits" tour was just a fucking cash grab, and the DeLeo's self producing S/T was motivated by the same thing.... MONEY!  So when they talk about "the music" or "STP", it's a fucking joke.

"Hey there... how's your steak?"

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2013, 04:40:01 AM »

"It's about allowing an amazing band have a future that they couldn't have with Scott.

Because, the way I see it is that this "amazing band" was completely reliant on Scott and the STP brand... while Scott wasn't reliant on them.  Scott was able to branch out and do his own thing by himself and with other bands,  while this "amazing band" didn't reach much success with either attempt at a new band.  So, for the sake of the all mighty dollar.... they're trying to squeeze out every last bit of recognition and money from the STP legacy, rather than attempting to use their musical talents to start their own NEW band (with Chester).   Hell, VR did fine as a NEW band with a famous band and a famous singer.... I don't see why the DeLeos and Chester couldn't do the same.               

Oh wait... because it's more about the money than the music or legacy of a great band.

since when was it a crime to make money? I don't understand your point. Also, last time I checked, Scott's solo tour was all abt performing STP songs, not his solo stuff.

Making money isn't a crime.... but what the DeLeo's are doing to the STP name is.

In interviews, the DeLeos go on about "the music" and "STP" when it's just a load of bullshit.  Personally, I think they're more than talented enough to start a NEW band w/ Chester, but based on their previous failures, they decided to try and milk the STP "brand" for all it's worth (which I see as a big "fuck you" to Scott and the fans).  If it was really about "the music" then they'd start a new band, with new music, and become successful based off their talents.... not trying to ride out the success of their OLD BAND. 

As far as Scott goes, he's ALWAYS made it clear that he's touring for money.  He's always been open and honest about that aspect.  The difference is, Scott actually MAKES & PLAYS new music!  The only reason this last tour had an emphasis on STP music was because of Core's 20's anniversary, and the tour STP never did.  Otherwise, on ALL of Scott's previous tours, he's played a mix of everything from solo stuff, STP, VR, and a ton of covers.  At his solo shows, people would chant "STP" and he'd always shut them down saying that "this isn't an STP show"

Regardless of where Scott has been in his career, or what he's been going through, he's ALWAYS been about making music.  One project ends, he's onto the next one, or back to his solo work.  The ONLY reason the DeLeos did an STP reunion was for money!  Scott was always open to playing with them again, even when he was in VR, he said he'd play with them if he had the chance.  STP's "greatest hits" tour was just a fucking cash grab, and the DeLeo's self producing S/T was motivated by the same thing.... MONEY!  So when they talk about "the music" or "STP", it's a fucking joke.

This X10000000000000000!!

Think about it though... The ones that are complete supporters of this don't really care about the name, so I suppose I see where they're coming from.
If you only knew..

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2013, 04:45:35 AM »

Steak, my hat off to you.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2013, 04:53:27 AM »

Oh wow, bud! You're a real decorated veteran of a fan, huh? Four whole years!? Shucks. Got into them simply because they were influenced somewhat by your favorite band that also happens to be the favorite band of about a billion other people. None of this makes you the be all end all, wealth of rock knowledge you seem to think you are. Get over yourself.

Come back in ten years and give me the news, pal.

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2013, 05:23:40 AM »
I hate how some "fans" act like Scott Weiland was solely responsible for the Stone Temple Pilots sound that we all have known and loved for the past 20 years. STP weren't just amazing because Scott Weiland sounded good. They were amazing also because their instrumentation was beautiful too. Robert, Dean and Eric are all masters of their craft, and to claim STP is nothing without Weiland is not only doing a disservice, but also an insult to the three remaining members of STP who are every bit to thank for the signature STP sound as Scott was. Did Scott write those familiar riffs that introduce "Plush" or "Interstate Love Song" or "Sex Type Thing"? Did he bring that drum sound, and signature bass/guitar sound that lets you know it's an STP track before Scott's vocals ever even grace the track? No. That brilliant blend of instrumental skill is brought to you by Eric, Dean and Robert...three members who are still very much a part of STP and are working to keep that legacy alive.

The band may not be the original lineup, and they may be referred to as "Stone Temple Pilots w/ Chester Bennington" legally, but a good chunk of the heart that made Core and future albums by the band so memorable is still there and beating. The pulse hasn't stopped, STP is not dead, and I have every bit of faith they can continue on and deliver solid music to us fans with Chester at the helm.

Because as much as some people here refuse to believe, Scott was only a piece of what made Stone Temple Pilots so legendary. The band was always so much more than Scott Weiland's touring band and these guys deserve the right to make the music they want to make.

I may have let the cat out of the bag that I'm a Linkin Park fan, but I'm an STP fan first (by a good 10 years before I discovered LP) and believe in Robert, Dean and Eric to the fullest. Scott or no Scott, I haven't given up on the band. I'm excited for High Rise, and I will give the EP the chance it deserves to be given.

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2013, 05:38:18 AM »
I hate how some "fans" act like Scott Weiland was solely responsible for the Stone Temple Pilots sound that we all have known and loved for the past 20 years. STP weren't just amazing because Scott Weiland sounded good. They were amazing also because their instrumentation was beautiful too. Robert, Dean and Eric are all masters of their craft, and to claim STP is nothing without Weiland is not only doing a disservice, but also an insult to the three remaining members of STP who are every bit to thank for the signature STP sound as Scott was. Did Scott write those familiar riffs that introduce "Plush" or "Interstate Love Song" or "Sex Type Thing"? Did he bring that drum sound, and signature bass/guitar sound that lets you know it's an STP track before Scott's vocals ever even grace the track? No. That brilliant blend of instrumental skill is brought to you by Eric, Dean and Robert...three members who are still very much a part of STP and are working to keep that legacy alive.

The band may not be the original lineup, and they may be referred to as "Stone Temple Pilots w/ Chester Bennington" legally, but a good chunk of the heart that made Core and future albums by the band so memorable is still there and beating. The pulse hasn't stopped, STP is not dead, and I have every bit of faith they can continue on and deliver solid music to us fans with Chester at the helm.

Because as much as some people here refuse to believe, Scott was only a piece of what made Stone Temple Pilots so legendary. The band was always so much more than Scott Weiland's touring band and these guys deserve the right to make the music they want to make.

I may have let the cat out of the bag that I'm a Linkin Park fan, but I'm an STP fan first (by a good 10 years before I discovered LP) and believe in Robert, Dean and Eric to the fullest. Scott or no Scott, I haven't given up on the band. I'm excited for High Rise, and I will give the EP the chance it deserves to be given.

So Gore should fire Dave Gahan, get a new frontman, and continue with DM.

Masters of their craft........then Robby, Dean, and Eric don't need the name and could start a brand new band with Chester and be a successful band.[size=78%] [/size]