September 21, 2024, 04:09:48 AM

Author Topic: Chester is saving STP  (Read 13939 times)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Chester is saving STP
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 06:02:41 PM »
Hey, you're free to cry about things you cannot change. At some point you need to let it go. Scott is no longer in the band. The Legacy was along time ago. That was STP part 1. Now things have changed, and STP have been forced to get a new singer. Some will cry, some will accept. Personally, I'll try out the new STP music, since this is what we have.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:06:30 PM by ShaneC »
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »
Hey, you're free to cry about things you cannot change. At some point you need to let it go. Scott is no longer in the band. The Legacy was along time ago. That was STP part 1. Now things have changed, and STP have been forced to get a new singer. Some will cry, some will accept. Personally, I'll try out the new STP music, since this is what we have.

Stop asking people to give up.  You have to say what you believe.  Things will never change if you just take what is given to you.  And what the Deleos have decided to give us is bullshit, IMO.  With social media and blogs, bands like STP have access to fans like never before.  You may not win every argument.  But if you never try, you'll always lose.  Going forward I expect STP to be a mediocre AOA type karaoke band.........at best.  Why shouldn't we, as fans, expect the very best from STP, including Scott.  STP, IMO, can only attain this with Scott.   

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 07:49:21 PM »

"It's about allowing an amazing band have a future that they couldn't have with Scott.
Is that really what it's about?

Because, the way I see it is that this "amazing band" was completely reliant on Scott and the STP brand... while Scott wasn't reliant on them.  Scott was able to branch out and do his own thing by himself and with other bands,  while this "amazing band" didn't reach much success with either attempt at a new band.  So, for the sake of the all mighty dollar.... they're trying to squeeze out every last bit of recognition and money from the STP legacy, rather than attempting to use their musical talents to start their own NEW band (with Chester).   Hell, VR did fine as a NEW band with a famous band and a famous singer.... I don't see why the DeLeos and Chester couldn't do the same.               

Oh wait... because it's more about the money than the music or legacy of a great band.

since when was it a crime to make money? I don't understand your point. Also, last time I checked, Scott's solo tour was all abt performing STP songs, not his solo stuff.
That's right.........cause it's all abt the money for him too!

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »

I tend to agree with a lot of what you're saying, but saying "cry about it" to every person who shares a different opinion from your's is lame. You're coming off like everything you say is fact.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »

I tend to agree with a lot of what you're saying, but saying "cry about it" to every person who shares a different opinion from your's is lame. You're coming off like everything you say is fact.

So, it's NOT fact that STP have a new singer, and some people here are whining about it, with all this "karaoke band" bullshit?

It's NOT fact, at all, that STP are moving on and will probably do very well. It is also NOT fact that there's nothing that will change this.

Those are the 3 things that I have been stating in my comments again and again, and they are fact.

It IS whining and crying when they have something negative to say about almost every positive post. I only respond that way to posts that are ridiculously negative. They are by all the same people over and over.

- Ron Burgundy

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »

So, it's NOT fact that STP have a new singer, and some people here are whining about it, with all this "karaoke band" bullshit?

It's NOT fact, at all, that STP are moving on and will probably do very well. It is also NOT fact that there's nothing that will change this.

Those are the 3 things that I have been stating in my comments again and again, and they are fact.

It IS whining and crying when they have something negative to say about almost every positive post. I only respond that way to posts that are ridiculously negative. They are by all the same people over and over.

Out of curiosity, who were you responding to in your last "cry about it" post?

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 08:19:26 PM »

Stop asking people to give up.  You have to say what you believe.  Things will never change if you just take what is given to you.  And what the Deleos have decided to give us is bullshit, IMO.  With social media and blogs, bands like STP have access to fans like never before.  You may not win every argument.  But if you never try, you'll always lose.  Going forward I expect STP to be a mediocre AOA type karaoke band.........at best.  Why shouldn't we, as fans, expect the very best from STP, including Scott.  STP, IMO, can only attain this with Scott.   

You have a right to your opinion. If it were myself that felt so bad about a certain band, though, I would just put my time into bands that I do like, on their blogs.

Don't get me wrong with my comments to you. I was pretty pissed off initially, but soon just realized that, with Scott, new STP music might never come. I have alot of hope for Scott's solo work, though

As you can see with my avatar, I am a huge Layne Staley fan, always will be, but I don't think new AIC is a karaoke band. I've seen them 3 times with DuVall and, although Im not all that into the new AIC studio albums, he rocks the fuck out of all the tunes in the catalogue. Hopefully, eventually, people will accept Chester in that way.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:30:14 PM by ShaneC »

- Ron Burgundy

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »

Out of curiosity, who were you responding to in your last "cry about it" post?

I was responding to the karaoke band comments, and how if I like the new STP, I obviously love mediocrity.

I agree with you, though, an opinion is an opinion.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:28:42 PM by ShaneC »

- Ron Burgundy

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »

I'm sorry, I didn't realize probably = fact. How is it a fact they will do well? Also, how is it fact nothing is going to change any of this? What if Scott and Eric professed their love to each other and got married in Vermont? That would certainly change things. What about if Chester was like "oh lol nvm i'm gonna go back to my real band now, not really feeling this whole Van Hagar thing" or if it came out that Dean DeLeo was the guy who really killed JFK and Rob was an alien. What if STP gets offered $5 billion to reunite?

The first part, sure. That is fact. It is fact that STP have a new singer and people aren't happy. Literally nothing you said after that is fact. So that doesn't mean people can't express their opinion because it's different than yours, and if they do, it's not automatically whining. I'm still trying to keep an open mind to this whle Chester thing, but people on this forum acting like the thought police aren't helping.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »

I'm sorry, I didn't realize probably = fact. How is it a fact they will do well? Also, how is it fact nothing is going to change any of this? What if Scott and Eric professed their love to each other and got married in Vermont? That would certainly change things. What about if Chester was like "oh lol nvm i'm gonna go back to my real band now, not really feeling this whole Van Hagar thing" or if it came out that Dean DeLeo was the guy who really killed JFK and Rob was an alien. What if STP gets offered $5 billion to reunite?

The first part, sure. That is fact. It is fact that STP have a new singer and people aren't happy. Literally nothing you said after that is fact. So that doesn't mean people can't express their opinion because it's different than yours, and if they do, it's not automatically whining. I'm still trying to keep an open mind to this whle Chester thing, but people on this forum acting like the thought police aren't helping.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:59:46 PM by ShaneC »

- Ron Burgundy

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 08:50:36 PM »

Actually, that IS a fact. STP IS moving on, and they will probably do well.  Also, since you arent paying attention, Ive already said people are free to their own opinions. It's just all the negativity that bothers me. Not even Scott carries a grudge against Chester. Nothing about this new lineup makes them a karaoke band.

- Ron Burgundy

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 08:50:46 PM »
This whole thread is a joke. He's saving STP? Seriously? Other than a few folks on this forum, most people would rather have no STP music than STP music with Chester.

Have you guys seen the comments? click on any STP with Chester video on youtube and you will see an infinite amount of negative comments and sadly enough, even some death threats.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »
This whole thread is a joke. He's saving STP? Seriously? Other than a few folks on this forum, most people would rather have no STP music than STP music with Chester.

Have you guys seen the comments? click on any STP with Chester video on youtube and you will see an infinite amount of negative comments and sadly enough, even some death threats.

I guess, overall, what it comes down to is that it is what it is. We'll all have to agree to disagree.

I'd rather have Scott in the band, but I'll see where this goes and I'm happy for new tunes. Maybe Scott will surprise us with his new album.

- Ron Burgundy

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »

Actually, that IS a fact. STP IS moving on, and they will probably do well.  Also, since you arent paying attention, Ive already said people are free to their own opinions. It's just all the negativity that bothers me. Not even Scott carries a grudge against Chester. Nothing about this new lineup makes them a karaoke band.

Well sorry it's hard to follow you with all your contradictions. You said "you're free to cry about it". That's just saying you're entitled to your opinion, but fuck you it's wrong.

Whatever, I guess we're both in agreement that Scott coming out with an awesome solo record would be the best possible scenario. But unfortunately I just don't see that happening
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 09:14:24 PM »

Well sorry it's hard to follow you with all your contradictions. You said "you're free to cry about it". That's just saying you're entitled to your opinion, but fuck you it's wrong.

Whatever, I guess we're both in agreement that Scott coming out with an awesome solo record would be the best possible scenario. But unfortunately I just don't see that happening

I've been using the "cry about it" part when people talk about a ruined Legacy, which won't happen. The Legacy is already there, and they aren't taking that music off the shelves. Also I think its whiny to call them a karaoke band, and that's my opinion on those things. I've never, in all my comment said, "you're opinion is wrong". An opinion cannot be right or wrong.

It'll just keep going around and around, so basically, I can accept that not everyone feels the same, but it'll get more and more pathetic if it's all just negative comments.

Anyway, I'd also love it if Scott gave a release date for his album. I think he still has a few solid rockers left in him.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:22:04 PM by ShaneC »

- Ron Burgundy