September 20, 2024, 03:26:39 PM

Author Topic: Full Bethlehem Sands Show On YouTube!  (Read 11122 times)

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
Re: Full Bethlehem Sands Show On YouTube!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »
Will watch later...thanks for taking the time to post this :)
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 07:30:37 PM »
Lots of nasty comments.

I do like PLS though
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:35:31 PM »
Not sure why people are hating on Sour Girl. Sounds fine to me. And it's in its regular key.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 08:00:28 PM »
Some of the comments are brutal.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 08:03:07 PM »
First let me just say that I'd like to see the setlist increase to 20 songs...but anyway...what I really wanted to say...

Interesting thing about the setlists and playing deeper cuts...
Obviously, there's the ongoing debate about whether the guys didn't want to play more "obscure" songs? or Scott just couldn't sing/remember them? etc.
I remember hearing it from Dean's mouth himself in an interview that said sometimes those deep album cuts get a tepid reaction from the audience.

I wonder if they are making a conscious effort now to play more of that stuff "lesser known" material now. And if so, is it as a result of the fans' longing to want to hear those songs? or are they doing it for principle to say "see? we always wanted to do it but Scott held us back"...

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 08:15:55 PM »
If you ask me, both the DeLeo's and Scott like deep cuts.  The boys were just unwilling to perform them with Scott due to his vocal shape.  He thinks he's in top form, so he goes and does them anyway.  Now that they have Chester, the band feels secure playing the deeper cuts. 
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 08:29:14 PM »
Seriously? Wow. Some deep cuts setlist this is...
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 08:37:04 PM »
Not bad but it's not Weiland...Chester try but is no enough

Make me hurt hear Sour Girl in other voice................

In my opinion, they no will play nothing of the self titled
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:55:06 PM by kazuality »
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 09:06:09 PM »
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 09:24:07 PM »
If anyone honestly thinks that Silvergun performance wasn't almost perfect, then they are delusional.

Sour Girl is actually quite good. Not perfect, but quite a bit better than Scott's sung the song in years. Stuff like Silvergun Superman and Big Empty sound about perfect to me. I like that Chester DOES add a bit of "Chesteriness" to the songs here and there, but he's selective about it...

As far as the "not enough deep cuts" argument, I think that's bullshit. They played Pop's Love Suicide, Sex & Violence, Silvergun Superman, Church on Tuesday, Piece of Pie, and Hollywood Bitch. So they dove pretty deep into the obscurities.

And let's not forget that they've practiced a lot more songs than this for the tour... And with Chester, they are pretty much able to play what they want when they want with little notice. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more rotation this time.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 09:40:22 PM »
As far as the "not enough deep cuts" argument, I think that's bullshit. They played Pop's Love Suicide, Sex & Violence, Silvergun Superman, Church on Tuesday, Piece of Pie, and Hollywood Bitch. So they dove pretty deep into the obscurities.

Right but half the argument for why they split with Scott was because they wanted to play more deep cuts and he didn't want to rehearse them. I think I've seen them perform each and every one of those songs live with Scott since the reunion except S&V and Church on Tuesday. I expected more considering they made such a big deal out of the fact Scott wouldn't rehearse the deeper cuts with them.

No Glide, Transmissions, Pruno, Ride the Cliche, Wonderful (which Chester actually once performed with Scott btw), And so I Know, Long Way Home....

The list goes on. I guess I just expected more. Of course they're still going to play the hits and it's only been one "official" show, so there's plenty of time to dig deeper. We'll see what happens, but not a very diverse setlist.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 09:48:03 PM »
If anyone honestly thinks that Silvergun performance wasn't almost perfect, then they are delusional.

Sour Girl is actually quite good. Not perfect, but quite a bit better than Scott's sung the song in years. Stuff like Silvergun Superman and Big Empty sound about perfect to me. I like that Chester DOES add a bit of "Chesteriness" to the songs here and there, but he's selective about it...

And let's not forget that they've practiced a lot more songs than this for the tour... And with Chester, they are pretty much able to play what they want when they want with little notice. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more rotation this time.
You can say that again! "Down" damn near knocked me out of my chair, great performances overall in my opinion. Chester does really well with basically everything they've thrown at him. Honestly, he sounds better with STP in live performances than in some LP performances. Some. I'm a decent Linkin Park fan, but STP, that should speak for itself lol. I think Chester is doing great with the guys and he's knocking these live performances out of the park. I couldn't be happier for them and I'm stoked for the EP too.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »

Right but half the argument for why they split with Scott was because they wanted to play more deep cuts and he didn't want to rehearse them. I think I've seen them perform each and every one of those songs live with Scott since the reunion except S&V and Church on Tuesday. I expected more considering they made such a big deal out of the fact Scott wouldn't rehearse the deeper cuts with them.

No Glide, Transmissions, Pruno, Ride the Cliche, Wonderful (which Chester actually once performed with Scott btw), And so I Know, Long Way Home....

The list goes on. I guess I just expected more. Of course they're still going to play the hits and it's only been one "official" show, so there's plenty of time to dig deeper. We'll see what happens, but not a very diverse setlist.

True, but you've got to remember that unlike Scott, Chester has to learn the hits AND the deep cuts. Big Empty, Sour Girl and Down are all songs Chester's never sang live with this band before. I think their priority is on getting the hits "down" before trying to be more divers with the deep cuts.

But let's just look at it this way, their smaller shows over the summer consisted of Vasoline, Wicked Garden, Interstate, Big Bang Baby (which while a single, is actually a song STP has seldom played regularly through a tour), Dead and Bloated, Trippin, STT, and Out of Time.

Last nights set added six rarities and only three hits on top of that core set. I think that's pretty impressive for a start, but that's just me...

Now, if they're playing this exact set in two weeks then I'll start bitching.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 09:57:10 PM »

I think you missed my point there...
I was referring to in the past few years, them staying away from those.
There's no argument that last night's show had its share of "obscure" songs (for lack of a better word).