September 24, 2024, 10:32:29 PM

Author Topic: Bethlehem Sands 9/4/13  (Read 8189 times)

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Bethlehem Sands 9/4/13
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 04:32:14 AM »
Instagram has those little snippets of video...... so far snippets of Dead and Bloated, Big Empty, ILS.

Search it as: 
#stonetemplepilots
#stptour
#sandseventcenter

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:41:08 AM by Blueberry »

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 04:34:49 AM »
Hopefully for the sake of STP and rock n roll in general Chester blew his voice out

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 04:39:45 AM »
Judging from one night's not going to do anything. If it's the same set over and over, then it's a bit of the same. But they've never played Church on Tuesday, right?

The reality is they're going to play hits. You choose early on whether you're going to be like 98% of the bands out there or if you're going to be like Pearl Jam. STP is playing their hits.

It's also why 98% of the people go to shows. I'd bet very few people there knew Church on Tuesday, Hollywood Bitch, and Pop's Love Suicide.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 04:56:12 AM »
Robert said they'd worked on 30 songs rehearsal wise in a recent interview, so let's hope for some setlist rotation.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 05:12:59 AM »
For those who weren't there, and are reading the 1-2 immature anti-Chester posts in this thread, let me tell you this: The YouTube videos of the prior shows do not do this current iteration of STP justice. Chester was solid on every song tonight, and never faltered. Sour Girl wasn't as good as the others (as was previously mentioned), but was not horrible or unlistenable. There were no clear moments where he went off key, or where his voice cracked. It was a very professional and well sung concert.

By the end of the night the crowd was chanting "CHESTER!" and they gave him a two minute long applause after Interstate Love Song. Many times during the night he couldn't even say his 'in between song speeches' because the crowd was that loud.

There's a lot of haters online and a lot of people who will support Weiland and say "fuck Chester"...never giving Chester a chance regardless of how good he may sound because of their bias and hate towards him. But let me tell you this...we were surrounded by 3 very hardcore, longtime STP fans...one of which has been following them even before the Core days. They all agreed that Chester brought it tonight and was absolutely excellent. One said it was one of the most energetic STP shows he's ever been to, and he's gone to a couple over the years.

Some people can continue to trash him...but tonight Chester gave one of his best performances he's given in his career (I've seen him 4 times in person, plus of course all the proshot DVDs etc). His heart was into it, and he gave it all he got. My dad who's pushing 60 was even converted, and he is a hardcore fan (he about passed out when we met STP tonight via a M&G. He's never met anyone famous).

I'm proud of Chester, and I will most certainly support this new version of STP. Yeah it's not the old STP, and not the "original STP" without Weiland, but I knew this already and after the excellent show tonight I've decided I don't give a fuck. I will gladly see this new version ten times over, and hardcore fans can call me a traitor. I don't care. Chester owned the stage tonight.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:18:17 AM by LPAssociationDerek »

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 05:25:08 AM »
For those who weren't there, and are reading the 1-2 immature anti-Chester posts in this thread, let me tell you this: The YouTube videos of the prior shows do not do this current iteration of STP justice. Chester was solid on every song tonight, and never faltered. Sour Girl wasn't as good as the others (as was previously mentioned), but was not horrible or unlistenable. There were no clear moments where he went off key, or where his voice cracked. It was a very professional and well sung concert.

By the end of the night the crowd was chanting "CHESTER!" and they gave him a two minute long applause after Interstate Love Song. Many times during the night he couldn't even say his 'in between song speeches' because the crowd was that loud.

There's a lot of haters online and a lot of people who will support Weiland and say "fuck Chester"...never giving Chester a chance regardless of how good he may sound because of their bias and hate towards him. But let me tell you this...we were surrounded by 3 very hardcore, longtime STP fans...one of which has been following them even before the Core days. They all agreed that Chester brought it tonight and was absolutely excellent. One said it was one of the most energetic STP shows he's ever been to, and he's gone to a couple over the years.

Some people can continue to trash him...but tonight Chester gave one of his best performances he's given in his career (I've seen him 4 times in person, plus of course all the proshot DVDs etc). His heart was into it, and he gave it all he got. My dad who's pushing 60 was even converted, and he is a hardcore fan (he about passed out when we met STP tonight via a M&G. He's never met anyone famous).

I'm proud of Chester, and I will most certainly support this new version of STP. Yeah it's not the old STP, and not the "original STP" without Weiland, but I knew this already and after the excellent show tonight I've decided I don't give a fuck. I will gladly see this new version ten times over, and hardcore fans can call me a traitor. I don't care. Chester owned the stage tonight.
I need to hear this from a more credible source, you're obviously an LP fan so your taste is already suspect.

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 05:29:26 AM »
STP's twitter posted a great pic of the band taking a bow, crowd seems happy

http://instagram.com/p/d3Y46CSoMF/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:36:51 AM by Strat »

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 05:41:00 AM »

I need to hear this from a more credible source, you're obviously an LP fan so your taste is already suspect.
So I'm not allowed to give a review on a show just because I happen to appreciate Chester beforehand? That's such a crock.

I've seen Chester give some bad performances before (Home Depot Center performance from the last tour being a good example) and he's not perfect. I'm in no way a rabid fanboy, and I thought some of the tracks on his Dead By Sunrise album were rather weak. I criticize LP for bad choices all the time, and I'm a very critical fan despite running a fan site.

But fine, don't take my opinion. Judging by the crowd reaction you'll find plenty of positive ones elsewhere.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 05:55:16 AM »
Robert said they'd worked on 30 songs rehearsal wise in a recent interview, so let's hope for some setlist rotation.

The Facebook page posted an image of them drawing up a setlist for this night, so it looks like they may not have a fixed set.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 12:48:58 AM »

Are you his mother?
If you only knew..

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 01:13:54 AM »

Are you his mother?
Well, if this is Chester's mother, it's only fitting, because I'm pretty sure we have Scott's mother here, too.

Bonneville

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 04:19:25 PM »
Are the guys cutting Dead and Bloated short or was that a mishap?

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 08:05:58 PM »

So I'm not allowed to give a review on a show just because I happen to appreciate Chester beforehand? That's such a crock.

I've seen Chester give some bad performances before (Home Depot Center performance from the last tour being a good example) and he's not perfect. I'm in no way a rabid fanboy, and I thought some of the tracks on his Dead By Sunrise album were rather weak. I criticize LP for bad choices all the time, and I'm a very critical fan despite running a fan site.

But fine, don't take my opinion. Judging by the crowd reaction you'll find plenty of positive ones elsewhere.

To be fair, you already admitted yourself that you don't listen to STP, VR, or Weiland (except for one of his Christmas songs).  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Chester supporter but Scott did have some masterful performances live.  He was sporadic, but there is a reason why many people continue to defend him.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »
Wow, Chester sounded fucking awesome on Hollywood Bitch. They have to keep that in the setlist. He sounds really, really good on that tune.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 01:33:45 AM »

To be fair, you already admitted yourself that you don't listen to STP, VR, or Weiland (except for one of his Christmas songs).  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Chester supporter but Scott did have some masterful performances live.  He was sporadic, but there is a reason why many people continue to defend him.
That was hahninator, not me. *laughs* He was the one who said he's only heard the Christmas album. You're confusing Linkin Park fans. Hahninator owns LPLive.net, I own LPAssociation and have posted a review of the show up on there. I've been listening to them since Core came out in 1992.

I own every STP album, and have watched a few STP shows over the years (although to be fair I only saw the Chester iteration in person, the performances with Scott were DVDs/YouTube/MTV Unplugged). I listened to VR, but didn't buy the album.

I totally understand why people support Scott, but they're supporting what he used to be. As reviews of his solo performances from this year have shown, he's been very uneven and not the complete legend he was once capable of being. Believe me, I want him to sober up...but what these people have to realize is that Scott's likely moved on. The relationship is so damaged probably from this that I can't ever see a reunion happening. At least not one with the same relationship they had when they first began.