September 20, 2024, 08:43:50 AM

Author Topic: lol 'Dean, Eric, Robert + Chester Bennington'  (Read 11232 times)

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: lol 'Dean, Eric, Robert + Chester Bennington'
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 02:26:19 PM »
This is probably one of the most ridiculous – if not THE most ridiculous – thing I’ve read on this forum yet. Some people around here are clearly delusional. You can call it whatever you like, but that won’t change what it IS.

What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.—William Shakespeare

Why don’t you try closing your eyes? That will make it go away.  ::)

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »

I don't have a problem with it ... and I'm about as pro-Chester in STP as it gets ... sure, I'd love to see SW, but it's not happening ... time to move on from it.

I'm just happy that the forum is back up & running ...
I got a picture of a photograph ...

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 05:54:15 PM »
If you don't like it you are welcome to leave so you can constantly bitch, moan, and talk out of your asses elsewhere.

A very blunt, but fair point.

+2

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 06:11:25 PM »

I don't have a problem with it ... and I'm about as pro-Chester in STP as it gets ... sure, I'd love to see SW, but it's not happening ... time to move on from it.

I'm just happy that the forum is back up & running ...

+1
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »
I absolutely LOVE how some of the people on this board who were giving the people against keeping the STP name shit are now the ones bitching about the name of the band on the forum. Unbelievable. As you all were saying at the time, "it's just the name, fucking deal with it".

For some people, myself included, this is no longer STP. Nor will it ever be. It would seem as if Rik and Ivy are in that group as well, but it doesn't mean we don't belong on this forum. I'm gonna listen to this EP like the rest of you, and I bet they will too. Even though it's no longer "STP" to me, it's still 3 of my all-time favorite musicians, so I'm gonna continue checking out their music, even if they're releasing it under a name I don't support. Maybe they can put something out that will bring me back and remind me why I love these guys.

Out of Time is blah. We've been over this. It's great stuff again from the DeLeos and Kretz, and acceptable stuff from Chester under a time crunch. I'm expecting more out of the EP being they've now put in months of work for these 5 or 6 songs. Plenty of time for the band to gel and Chester to come up with some better ideas lyrically. I won't be holding my breath though, much like I won't be for Scott's new record with the fuckabouts.

What's that saying about a whole and the sum of its parts....
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 08:11:06 PM »
I absolutely LOVE how some of the people on this board who were giving the people against keeping the STP name shit are now the ones bitching about the name of the band on the forum. Unbelievable. As you all were saying at the time, "it's just the name, fucking deal with it".

For some people, myself included, this is no longer STP. Nor will it ever be. It would seem as if Rik and Ivy are in that group as well, but it doesn't mean we don't belong on this forum. I'm gonna listen to this EP like the rest of you, and I bet they will too. Even though it's no longer "STP" to me, it's still 3 of my all-time favorite musicians, so I'm gonna continue checking out their music, even if they're releasing it under a name I don't support. Maybe they can put something out that will bring me back and remind me why I love these guys.

Out of Time is blah. We've been over this. It's great stuff again from the DeLeos and Kretz, and acceptable stuff from Chester under a time crunch. I'm expecting more out of the EP being they've now put in months of work for these 5 or 6 songs. Plenty of time for the band to gel and Chester to come up with some better ideas lyrically. I won't be holding my breath though, much like I won't be for Scott's new record with the fuckabouts.

What's that saying about a whole and the sum of its parts....

Everyone's free to disagree with the name, but the name of this section is a lie and ignoring reality.  The band are going by Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 09:04:34 PM »
Everyone's free to disagree with the name, but the name of this section is a lie and ignoring reality.  The band are going by Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington.
Pretty much how I feel.  Regardless of how you feel, this is what is happening.  I'd love to have a healthy Scott back with the band more than anything else, but we are where we are.  Refusal to call the band by its actual name just seems a bit pouty.  As mentioned though, we dont own the website, so...

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 10:22:58 PM »
Pretty much how I feel.  Regardless of how you feel, this is what is happening.  I'd love to have a healthy Scott back with the band more than anything else, but we are where we are.  Refusal to call the band by its actual name just seems a bit pouty.  As mentioned though, we dont own the website, so...

So, and this is just for arguments sake, what if Scott + the Wildabouts started touring under the STP name?
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 10:30:30 PM »

So, and this is just for arguments sake, what if Scott + the Wildabouts started touring under the STP name?

The Deleos do not have the right to hijack this band.  They may have pulled a fast one on everyone but it is not over.  If I were Scott, I'd start touring with Stone Temple Pilots w/ Scott Weiland and see what everyone thinks of that.  I can't believe he hasn't gotten an injunction to stop them from using the name. 

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 10:46:55 PM »

If it was the other way around and Scott had the rights to the STP name, as upset as I'd be, it'd be reality and the discussion of it would have to be in an STP or Scott Weiland's STP section.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Soul

• STP Nub
  • Arrival
  • The LPLive Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
Another things that irks me is not posting the news relating to STPWCB. What about the other three members of the band you SHOULD value as much as Scott? Or are you too busy kissing his ass to remember them?

My god...
That random guy who helps out on lplive.net. You should check it out.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 10:54:58 PM »

Maybe that's what they should do. We'll have "Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington" and "Stone Temple Pilots with Scott Weiland."

Hmm...I wonder which incarnation would draw larger crowds and garner more respect.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 11:00:27 PM »

Maybe that's what they should do. We'll have "Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington" and "Stone Temple Pilots with Scott Weiland."

Hmm...I wonder which incarnation would draw larger crowds and garner more respect.

Wouldn't it be Stone Temple Pilot with The Wildabouts, since none of those other guys were ever a part of STP?

Axl Rose's GNR is not really considered GNR, is it?
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »

Wouldn't it be Stone Temple Pilot with The Wildabouts, since none of those other guys were ever a part of STP?

Well, technically, yes, it would, but some people here are REALLY hung up about this whole name thing.  ::)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 11:15:43 PM »

Just to add my two cents, I could really care less about any of this shit anymore. It's old news.

At this point, I could really care less if Scott Weiland is a delusional drunk, or if the DeLeos are money hungry jerks. I'm still going to listen to their music and give it a fair chance.

The harsh reality is that not all of your favorite musicians are as great people as you think they are. They're people. Some of them are cool and some of them are assholes. But that shouldn't stop you from listening to their music, especially if they make good music.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:33:12 PM by STP92 »