September 20, 2024, 06:56:15 AM

Author Topic: lol 'Dean, Eric, Robert + Chester Bennington'  (Read 11221 times)

Silver guns and Candybars

Re: lol 'Dean, Eric, Robert + Chester Bennington'
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 02:57:28 AM »
Way to jump to conclusions everyone.
Secondly, it's Rik's/Ivy's site, they can do whatever the hell they want.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 03:25:49 AM »
I see the sharks smell the blood in the water.  Stay strong, Below Empty.

And honestly, who gives a shit what the topic board is named?

Love Below Empty and all of the work Rik and Ivy have put into it (an incredible database of STP articles, concerts, and interviews), but the new name of this section just doesn't make any sense.  I hope my disagreement over a couple of things they did isn't misconstrued as something else, just stating my views.  :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:28:01 AM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 08:08:31 AM »

That's kind of our point, really.

The section was titled "Stone Temple Pilots + Chester Bennington", which is pretty much the name of the band. Someone went to the effort of changing that to something else, for absolutely no logical reason.

I'm not calling to the name of the section to be changed back or anything... I'd just like to see a logical explanation.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 09:17:40 AM »
If you don't like it you are welcome to leave so you can constantly bitch, moan, and talk out of your asses elsewhere.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 03:40:06 PM »
If you don't like it you are welcome to leave so you can constantly bitch, moan, and talk out of your asses elsewhere.

A very blunt, but fair point.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 04:21:51 PM »

Applesauce...

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 05:11:21 PM »

That's kind of our point, really.

The section was titled "Stone Temple Pilots + Chester Bennington", which is pretty much the name of the band. Someone went to the effort of changing that to something else, for absolutely no logical reason.

I'm not calling to the name of the section to be changed back or anything... I'd just like to see a logical explanation.

If there is a section reserved for discussion about Stone Temple Pilots, I'd think we all would understand that that is a section reserved for discussion about Scott, Robert, Dean+Kretz. 

Logic follows then, a section titled Stone Temple Pilots + Chester would be reserved for discussion about Scott, Robert, Dean, Kretz + Chester.  But it's not, it's reserved for discussion about the band, excluding Scott, who has his own board.

Also, I don't remember the specifics of Scott's lawsuit, but isn't he contending that they do not have the right to make money under the name Stone Temple Pilots?  Who knows?  Maybe in 2 months they won't even be calling themselves STP+ Chester.

I'm sure there is logic behind a change like this, because someone actually took the time to sit down and do it.

But once again, does anyone really care?
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 06:19:25 PM »

The anti-DeLeos/Eric crowd are doing plenty of that.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

Jimil

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 06:26:41 AM »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and Brett has certainly stated his. I do agree with the owners of this site that STP W/ Chester is nothing to write home about. Scott has his problems and so do Rob and Dean but at the end of the day it is what it is. IMHO, Chester cannot replace Scott and the new song is not any better than anything the DeLeo’s have put out prior. I’m anti-all of them at this point but that is how I feel.

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 06:58:12 AM »

People aren't against the DeLeo's and Eric, they're against Bennington

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 08:32:51 AM »

People aren't against the DeLeo's and Eric, they're against Bennington

There's a lot of people on here attacking Dean, Robert, and Eric.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 09:25:26 PM »

+1
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 10:36:20 PM »
Yea... I'm pretty happy that they're using that as their current name. As far as the website goes, I completely understand if they believe that the band isn't Stone Temple Pilots at all without Scott. It's  completely understandable if you feel that way. I can't imagine The Rolling Stones without Mick Jagger or Kieth Richards. It was the same exact situation with Velvet-revolver.com
The statement for closing the website read something along the lines of..."Velvet Revolver consists of Scott Weiland, Slash, Dave Kushner, Duff Mckagan, and Matt Sorum" and something like "We believe every member is what makes this band, and it wouldn't be Velvet Revolver otherwise.

Who knows, maybe it's the fact that if Scott isn't involved, it shouldn't carry the name, or if they truly feel like no member should be replaceable, then I can respect that.

I sure as hell understand it. There are different circumstances, like Metallica or ACDC, or even with The Stones and the whole Brian Jones situation.

If Rik and Ivy feel that Stone Temple Pilots is: Scott Weiland, Dean Deleo, Robert Deleo, and Eric Kretz, then it's their right to name it the way they see it. This is a fan site, not STP's website, and they're definitely not alone when it comes to that feeling.
If you only knew..

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 03:18:16 AM »
Makes sense, its not like this is a DISCUSSION BOARD or anything.  I didnt realize we were supposed to be 100% harmonious all the time.  My mistake. 

As for the other, while I very much dislike the change to the name of the board, Rik has the right to do what he wants. Its his site.

Soul

• STP Nub
  • Arrival
  • The LPLive Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 04:30:55 AM »
I'm prepared to be crucified for this but this shouldn't even have to be an issue.

This is at the point where you have to question whether or not you're an STP fan or a Weiland Ass-kisser. This is extremely unprofessional.

I understand it's your forum but come on. As I saw someone posted before, you want the traffic, the band's name is Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington.

Its not bitching, its stating opinions like every individual has a right to do.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:35:01 AM by Soul »
That random guy who helps out on lplive.net. You should check it out.