October 02, 2024, 03:43:21 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots Officially Change Name  (Read 4472 times)

KellyD

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
Stone Temple Pilots Officially Change Name
« on: August 31, 2013, 07:53:20 PM »
In response to Scott Weiland's lawsuit against the band, they have officially changed their name to Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington.

Source

This was pretty easy to assume since that's how they've been billing themselves, but now it's official. So now you could change this to STPWCB instead of Dean, Eric, Robert + CB. Both are pretty long though lol.
Numbrocker on LPLive: http://lplive.net

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Stone Temple Pilots Officially Change Name
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 08:37:06 PM »
They haven't officially changed their name.  Since May they've gone by Stone Temple Pilots, Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington, and Stone Temple Pilots featuring Chester Bennington.  They've just decided to use STP only mainly on social media/their website but 'with Chester Bennington' for live shows/music.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 09:57:08 PM »
Yeah, this is one hell of a poorly sourced "article".

Not one concert or official release has referred to them as just "Stone Temple Pilots" since Chester joined. This has been their name the entire time, and it's pretty ridiculous that the site is reporting it as them "changing their name." And the "Stone Temple Pilots" Facebook page still only list three band members.

The funniest thing is that they claim it's the result of the lawsuit, even though A: there are no official results to the suit and B: this is how they've been billed since prior to the suit.

"This just in, after 18 years Dave Grohl has officially changed his bands' name to 'Foo Fighters'. In related news, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend have begun referring to their band as "The Who.""
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:01:35 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 10:14:13 PM »
Stone Temple Pilots FB page has all four members' names on there. Don't know how long it's been up, but every time I've been to  their page on my phone, it has come up with all four names.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 12:27:07 AM »
Stone Temple Pilots FB page has all four members' names on there. Don't know how long it's been up, but every time I've been to  their page on my phone, it has come up with all four names.

Yeah, like I said the current lineup is Stone Temple Pilots.  On the FB all 4 are listed, but for promotional purposes they're using Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington.  I doubt they have to use that name or they might have lost access to the Facebook and website.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 12:45:50 AM »

I hadn't noticed they changed it lol should have double checked before I said that.

But at least a month ago it still only listed the DeLeos and Kretz.

NoWayOut87

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 01:43:07 AM »
This is great news!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 07:54:47 AM »
This is great news!

This isn't news, the website is erroneously reporting the band's continued usage of the "Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington"moniker as though it is a new development. The band has used this name at every single concert since Chester joined, as well as every single press statement and every official release.

They have only ever been referred to as simply "Stone Temple Pilots" by second hand outlets (new sites, billboard, ticketing agency, people on twitter). The band itself nor it's agents or marketing have referred to the band as simply"Stone Temple Pilots" since Chester joined.