October 02, 2024, 07:22:07 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington's "High Rise" EP Tracklist  (Read 7797 times)

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Source: http://loudwire.com/stone-temple-pilots-chester-bennington-high-rise-ep-release-date-artwork/

High Rise EP Tracklist:
  • Out Of Time
  • Black Heart
  • Same On The Inside
  • Cry Cry
  • Tomorrow
    Can we really find
    A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

DeadandTrippin92

Re: Stone Temple Pilots' "High Rise" EP Tracklist
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »
    Coming to a $.99 walmart bin near you!

NO WEILAND   NO STP

ShaneC

• Contributors
    • Sky Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:55:29 PM »
    Awesome!

This EP is going to kick ass.

Can't wait for OCT.8!
    You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:03:41 PM »
    Stop lying to yourself ShaneC.

Oct 8th STPs legacy gets a permanent shit stain

ShaneC

• Contributors
    • Sky Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 09:05:17 PM »
    Stop lying to yourself ShaneC.

Oct 8th STPs legacy gets a permanent shit stain

Scott ruined STP's "legacy" over a decade ago.

- Ron Burgundy

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:11:42 PM »
    No the legacy is in the music. It will be forever tainted Oct 8th

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
    • Sky Captain
    • Would you even care?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 09:29:24 PM »
    No the legacy is in the music. It will be forever tainted Oct 8th

I understand that you are allowed to have your opinion but spouting off and wasting your time on a message board makes you seem very dumb.  Like you said, STP is no more, so why are you still here?  Let the people who are genuinely interested in the new EP be interested.  Just a thought.
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:31:41 PM by DeadAndNotForSale »
    "I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Blue

• Your Friend
    • Contributors
    • Sky Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 09:31:03 PM »
    Out of Time is STP's most successful single since the 1990s... So the EP's going to fail!

Good logic, bro.
    Grab the hate and drown it out...

lovemachine97

• Contributors
    • Sky Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:39 PM »
    If Dean DeLeo was so drunk/high all the time that he was screwing up songs, forgetting guitar parts, falling down, showing up late for gigs, and not knowing he was playing out of tune, at some point the other 3 guys have to make a decision--continue playing gigs with the current status quo, stop doing anything until Dean gets better, or replace Dean.

In this case, the culprit is Scott and over the last 15 or so years they have tried solutions 1 and 2. Now, they're trying solution number 3.

We can all talk about how Dean's playing is exclusive the STP sound, that it wouldn't be the same, and he'd be missed. And we'd be right. The same goes with Scott.

Van Halen, for different reasons, hired Sammy Hagar. They found even greater success with him. It didn't last, and throughout his tenure--even to this day--loyal fans of the original lineup hated the 2nd incarnation so bad that they came up with a name--Van Hagar--in order to pretend it was a different band.

Go the VH equivalent of this board and you'll see the same Dave versus Sam argument going on today that was going on in 1985. I'm so tired of it. So you like the original incarnation and don't accept the new one. We get it. A large group is going to follow the group because they like the whole group, not just one member. I followed Dean, Robert and Eric to Talk Show and I followed Dean and Robert to Army of Anyone. Similarly, I followed Scott to his solo albums and Velvet Revolver.

If they'd called Talk Show STP they would have sold a hell of a lot more copies. They also used an untested songwriter in Dave Coutts. They always mentioned how they loved his voice in Ten Inch Men, but never mentioned his writing ablities. Army of Anyone, even with a legitimately famous singer and a proven writing record did basically nothing.

These guys have to make a living. If they were in STP purely for the art they would be doing it for free. Instead, they are making a living at it, meaning that they will make some decisions for the art and some decisions for commerce.

Calling this Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington is a decision made probably from 1/2 commercial necessity, 1/4 telling people they are done with Scott, and 1/4 due to legal pressure.

I don't even have a problem with them using the STP name, yet because of the name that is clearly pringted on the cover, "Out of Time" is already in my iPod under the moniker Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington. They've already distinguished it for us.

They have a right to the name, not us. They can do with it what they please. I, for one, am just fine with them using the name to try and make a better living.
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:02:47 PM by lovemachine97 »

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
    • Contributors
    • Sky Captain
    • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
      • View Profile
      • My bandcamp
    « Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 10:02:31 PM »
    Awesome!

This EP is going to kick ass.

Can't wait for OCT.8!

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
    • Sky Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
    Out of Time is STP's most successful single since the 1990s... So the EP's going to fail!

Good logic, bro.

Most successful?  Since the 90s?  You guys either did not follow STP back then or you're a retard.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
    • Arrivals
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 10:44:34 PM »

Calling this Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington is a decision made probably from ... 1/4 telling people they are done with Scott ...

Your complete post is very well-stated, and I agree with everything you've said except for the one small point I've noted above.

I think someone else may have said this already, but I don't think using the name "Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington" is a signal to the world that they are done with Scott. Rather, I think it's a brilliant way for them to carry on but still leave the door open. Just in case.

ShaneC

• Contributors
    • Sky Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 10:45:14 PM »

Good logic, bro.

Most successful?  Since the 90s?  You guys either did not follow STP back then or you're a retard.

Chris, what are you talking about?

Name an STP track, after the 90's, that was more successful than Out Of Time.

- Ron Burgundy

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
    • Sky Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »
    We can all talk about how Dean's playing is exclusive the STP sound, that it wouldn't be the same, and he'd be missed. And we'd be right. The same goes with Scott.

100% correct - unfortunately, our new militant posters aren't interested in STP as a whole, only in 1 former member of the band.

I'm just waiting for them to go away so we can get on with discussing the new music as the genuine fans most of us have long been.

Thanks for the info Tyrant.   8)

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
    • Pilot
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 11:58:28 PM »
    God I hope there some heavy medolic riffs on this EP. Rock is dying.