October 02, 2024, 07:27:45 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington's "High Rise" EP Tracklist  (Read 7800 times)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots' "High Rise" EP Tracklist
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 12:25:01 AM »
God I hope there some heavy medolic riffs on this EP. Rock is dying.

I agree. This EP will be a make or break for the guys. I just want some good, solid, timeless rock tunes.

Also, I'm really wondering when Weiland is going to give us an idea as to what's happening with his new record.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 02:13:45 AM »
I mean nothing ill by this, or to create a war in this thread. But I'm really disheartened by some of the posts in here, coming from someone who has listened to STP for 20 years. I understand the hate over the decision, but nobody can sit there and pretend that Weiland did nothing wrong, and didn't screw over the band at every turn with his reckless, and often careless behavior towards the legacy of this band.

The more I see haters for Chester on the STP forums and Facebook, the more I hope that this EP contains the next "Creep", "Wicked Garden" or "Interstate Love Song" (song-writing wise), or is even the next Core/Purple so that these doubters who haven't even heard any new material except for "Out of Time" will sit down and shut up.

As my introduction post on here and my name suggests I'm a Linkin Park fan. I'll get that out of the way right now. But I was into STP a good decade before I was into Linkin Park, and I want to see this band survive which I was not feeling was possible with Scott Weiland's current alcohol problems. Like many others I (despite my fandom for Chester) have my reservations about this, and are nervous about the idea of a Stone Temple Pilots without Weiland. But you know what? I've heard Chester do the old songs live, and he's done them justice. Some tracks were a tad rusty sounding, but with practice he can become a very solid addition to the lineup. In short? I am happy with this change.

Yes part of this is due to money (but isn't being in a band a JOB?!), but perhaps they're also sick of putting the band on hiatus for Scott. People don't consider that maybe the DeLeos and Kretz don't want to hang up the STP gloves just yet and that they want to go out there again and play for their fans who have supported them through the BS over the last decade or so. There's a lot of fans who have wanted to hear new music from STP, and even though they wanted that music with Weiland...this here is the best the band can do for now.

Out of Time is the most energetic the band has sounded in a long time and it's doing excellent on the radio. Even better, the band seems to be happy again, and in a good place...and I will most definitely support them in their quest to keep the STP legacy alive. The new lineup deserves a shot. Regardless of people's thoughts on Linkin Park.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:19:18 AM by LPAssociationDerek »

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 02:20:56 AM »
I mean nothing ill by this, or to create a war in this thread. But I'm really disheartened by some of the posts in here, coming from someone who has listened to STP for 20 years. I understand the hate over the decision, but nobody can sit there and pretend that Weiland did nothing wrong, and didn't screw over the band at every turn with his reckless, and often careless behavior towards the legacy of this band.

The more I see haters for Chester on the STP forums and Facebook, the more I hope that this EP contains the next "Creep", "Wicked Garden" or "Interstate Love Song" (song-writing wise), or is even the next Core/Purple so that these doubters who haven't even heard any new material except for "Out of Time" will sit down and shut up.

As my introduction post on here and my name suggests I'm a Linkin Park fan. I'll get that out of the way right now. But I was into STP a good decade before I was into Linkin Park, and I want to see this band survive which I was not feeling was possible with Scott Weiland's current alcohol problems. Like many others I (despite my fandom for Chester) have my reservations about this, and are nervous about the idea of a Stone Temple Pilots without Weiland. But you know what? I've heard Chester do the old songs live, and he's done them justice. Some tracks were a tad rusty sounding, but with practice he can become a very solid addition to the lineup. In short? I am happy with this change.

Yes part of this is due to money (but isn't being in a band a JOB?!), but perhaps they're also sick of putting the band on hiatus for Scott. People don't consider that maybe the DeLeos and Kretz don't want to hang up the STP gloves just yet and that they want to go out there again and play for their fans who have supported them through the BS over the last decade or so. There's a lot of fans who have wanted to hear new music from STP, and even though they wanted that music with Weiland...this here is the best the band can do for now.

Out of Time is the most energetic the band has sounded in a long time and it's doing excellent on the radio. Even better, the band seems to be happy again, and in a good place...and I will most definitely support them in their quest to keep the STP legacy alive. The new lineup deserves a shot. Regardless of people's thoughts on Linkin Park.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 02:22:14 AM »

I'm taking it that's a nod in agreement? *laughs*

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 02:23:10 AM »
^^^absolutely^^^

A Nicholoson nod is the best compliment you can get on an internet forum  ;)
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 05:06:15 AM »
Well, hopefully the songs are good.

The names sound a little...teenage angst-ish, but whatever.
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

Pruno315

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »
Out of Time is STP's most successful single since the 1990s... So the EP's going to fail!

Good logic, bro.

Most successful?  Since the 90s?  You guys either did not follow STP back then or you're a retard.

Chris, what are you talking about?

Name an STP track, after the 90's, that was more successful than Out Of Time.

Depends what chart you are citing. Between the Lines would be as successful if not more and Sour Girl technically charted in 2000 and it was on the charts forever.
Days of the Week did alright for itself.

I will say that living in Milwaukee, I only heard Between the Lines once on the radio and I've heard Out of Time maybe three times. If I listen to the radio, I'll hear Mumford and Sons more times in an hour than I've heard Out of Time in a few months. I'm curious as to what cities this song is getting played in.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 01:44:42 AM »
Out of Time is STP's most successful single since the 1990s... So the EP's going to fail!

Good logic, bro.

Most successful?  Since the 90s?  You guys either did not follow STP back then or you're a retard.

This is fruitless argument.  Look, Out of Time has had some success.  But to compare it to anything off No.4, SLDD, or ST is just stupid.  Different time.  There are probably two dozen songs that are better than Out of Time from those three albums.  Out of Time is a decent track.  Sounds like AOA to be quite honest which isn't bad IMO.  It's just not STP in my mind.  As far as success, No. 4 went platinum and Down was nominated for a Grammy.  Sour Girl crossed over and was being played on pop music stations.  BTL off S/T was #1 for a couple of months if I recall and was also nominated for a Grammy.   Not to mention radio mattered a decade ago and now it doesn't.  KROQ in LA hasn't played OTT in months.  What does that tell you?  Nothing.  Like I've said in a couple of other threads.  I like Chester and if they formed a new band ala Audioslave or VR that would be cool as hell.  They could play some STP songs in their live set and it'd be all good.  Hard to imagine why anyone would want to pay $$ to hear Chester playing karaoke to STP tunes all night. 

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington's "High Rise" EP Tracklist
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »

Good logic, bro.

Ummm... I don't know how many times I have to point this out:  Between The Lines was more successful (chart-wise) than Out Of Time.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!