October 02, 2024, 05:32:01 AM

Author Topic: Chester Bennington shouldn't be in STP  (Read 8240 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Chester Bennington shouldn't be in STP
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 01:19:14 AM »
Karaoke is what it is.........Not worth the price of admission.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 01:21:17 AM »

The irony being that Scott is the one who is drunk off his ass mumbling off pitch like a karaoke singer while Chester is singing the songs perfectly.

If you don't like Chester's performance, then that really sucks. Cause he may not be "the man", but he's the best guy to turn to for STP songs right now, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:26:11 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 07:54:19 PM »

The irony being that Scott is the one who is drunk off his ass mumbling off pitch like a karaoke singer while Chester is singing the songs perfectly.

If you don't like Chester's performance, then that really sucks. Cause he may not be "the man", but he's the best guy to turn to for STP songs right now, unfortunately.

Touche

For me, it's not how Chester performs the songs.  Chester is a damn fine rock singer IMO.  Scott is the best frontman I've ever seen in my life.  An incredible live performer.  Even on his worst day, he's better than most and that includes Chester........

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 08:36:59 PM »

Touche

For me, it's not how Chester performs the songs.  Chester is a damn fine rock singer IMO.  Scott is the best frontman I've ever seen in my life.  An incredible live performer.  Even on his worst day, he's better than most and that includes Chester........

I guess if Scott's good enough for you, then I can't begrudge you. It's just that, in my opinion, his performances lately aren't worthy of the material... And I think Chester's are.

Maybe it is "karaoke", but it's the best damn karaoke I've ever heard. And unless Scott suddenly starts performing at the level and consistency he performed in 2009, then Chester's "karaoke" is as good as it gets for me.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 08:58:58 PM »
Scott's doing poor karaoke of his own material with a mediocre bar band.

Chester's doing good karaoke with Stone Temple Pilots.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2013, 10:01:29 PM »
When Cornell and Vedder are out playing solo.  They're at smaller venues playing similar setlists as Scott.  Sometimes their solo sometimes they got a backing band.  None of them as good as PJ or SG.  When I've seen Scott solo, I've never expected it to be an STP show.  Its always him out there keeping busy having a good time.  Singing some STP tunes, some solo tunes, and a few covers.  Tix are $20-$40 to see him fucking around at a 500 capacity venue.  Totally worth it for me.  I've never taken this as tarnishing his or STP's image.  It's not even a comparison.  Some people insist to compare his solo gigs to STP and I think it's ridculous.  Hell, I used to think Slash and Duff used to murder STP songs but hey they weren't STP, they were VR.

Now the Deleos are twisting this up.  I think they're actually doing STP, themselves, and their fans a disservice by doing what they're doing.  Forcing Chester to be compared to Scott.  Chester will never eclipse Scott in STP.  And that's not a knock on Chester.   

Form a new band and tour and cross your fingers its successful.  Chances are it will be bringing STP and LP fans together. 

They just finished a 4 year cycle with Scott.  That's a long time to put up with anyone, especially Scott.  And when tempers have cooled, you call up Scott and tear into another STP cycle.

Then you go back to Chester when that's run it's course. 

The path that the Deleos have chosen is just not smart even it does become successful..............

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2013, 10:26:32 PM »
Hell, I used to think Slash and Duff used to murder STP songs

They did. That's another story.  ;)

Chester will never eclipse Scott in STP.  And that's not a knock on Chester. 

I don't think anyone here would argue about that, certainly not me.

The path that the Deleos have chosen is just not smart even it does become successful..............

I believe it's the only path they could have chosen. They want to be STP, they want to play the music they've written and love but they couldn't continue to try to make it work with SW. We could go over the details time and time again but we all know it's been a hard road to come to this...

The one thing I want to point out is that, it seems to me, some of those most against what's happening seem to be very animated about "success". I very much doubt that STP w/CB expects to sell a lot of records. What they DO want (imo) is to validate what they're doing by not just revisiting the past but by producing new music also. We'll see just how valid that turns out to be.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013, 12:24:56 AM »
When Cornell and Vedder are out playing solo.  They're at smaller venues playing similar setlists as Scott.  Sometimes their solo sometimes they got a backing band.  None of them as good as PJ or SG.  When I've seen Scott solo, I've never expected it to be an STP show.  Its always him out there keeping busy having a good time.  Singing some STP tunes, some solo tunes, and a few covers.  Tix are $20-$40 to see him fucking around at a 500 capacity venue.  Totally worth it for me.  I've never taken this as tarnishing his or STP's image.  It's not even a comparison.  Some people insist to compare his solo gigs to STP and I think it's ridculous.  Hell, I used to think Slash and Duff used to murder STP songs but hey they weren't STP, they were VR.

Now the Deleos are twisting this up.  I think they're actually doing STP, themselves, and their fans a disservice by doing what they're doing.  Forcing Chester to be compared to Scott.  Chester will never eclipse Scott in STP.  And that's not a knock on Chester.   

Form a new band and tour and cross your fingers its successful.  Chances are it will be bringing STP and LP fans together. 

They just finished a 4 year cycle with Scott.  That's a long time to put up with anyone, especially Scott.  And when tempers have cooled, you call up Scott and tear into another STP cycle.

Cornell and Vedder's solo shows are 100000000000000000x better than Scott's.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2013, 04:30:29 PM »

Cornell and Vedder's solo shows are 100000000000000000x better than Scott's.

Maybe in your warped view of the world.  Vedder's ukelele garbage, and Cornell's Timbaland's collarboration were worse than Scott's Xmas album and that saying something.  And the related performances were awful compared to Scott's. 

Scott's going to bounce back.  He always does............That's what talented people do.  Guys like the Deleos who never see success away from Scott will never see the light.   They're just leaches, soulless to the bone.   

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013, 06:32:36 PM »
Then what the fuck are the Wildabouts?

I saw Vedder's 2011 solo show where he performed nearly 30 songs and 2 Cornell acoustic Songbook shows, if you think Scott's shows right now are better than those then you are clearly trolling.