October 02, 2024, 07:28:11 AM

Author Topic: Chester Bennington shouldn't be in STP  (Read 8243 times)

InterstatePlushSong

Chester Bennington shouldn't be in STP
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:32:06 PM »
I know every STP fan was upset when it was announced and its probably been talked about alot on these type of fan and rock n roll forums, but with the time thats gone by I just see this as a complete embarrassment to their legacy. I mean Chester? Really? Ugh. They could have gotten someone WAY better IMHO. This guy is not that talented, lets be real and I pray to god the DeLeos and Kretz do the songwriting.

This is like Chad Kroeger replacing Vedder in Pearl Jam.
Courtney Love touring with the remaining members of Nirvana and calling it Nirvana.
This is like the guy from the Frey joining Smashing Pumpkins.

Worst time ever to be an STP fan :/

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
Re: Chester Bennington shouldn't be in STP
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:34:10 PM »
"these type of rock n'roll forums". Yes, the iconic lead singer of STP getting fired after more than 20 years of creating great music will get talked about on an STP forum.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

InterstatePlushSong

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:39:44 PM »
Did you not see the word fan in there? I was refering to all STP fan sites too not just this one and other rock n roll forums. Hope that was simple enough for you

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:39:53 PM »
I know every STP fan was upset when it was announced and its probably been talked about alot on these type of fan and rock n roll forums, but with the time thats gone by I just see this as a complete embarrassment to their legacy. I mean Chester? Really? Ugh. They could have gotten someone WAY better IMHO. This guy is not that talented, lets be real and I pray to god the DeLeos and Kretz do the songwriting.

This is like Chad Kroeger replacing Vedder in Pearl Jam.
Courtney Love touring with the remaining members of Nirvana and calling it Nirvana.
This is like the guy from the Frey joining Smashing Pumpkins.

Worst time ever to be an STP fan :/

I dunno.  Chester is pretty awesome.  I just hate what the Deleos did to Scott.  If Chester and the Deleos created a new band I'd be all over it.  But to go out on tour STP's catalog.  That's doesn't work for me.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 08:13:51 PM »
How many "I'm a whiney bitch" topics does this make now?

4? 5?

Get over it you bunch of toddlers!
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 08:29:57 PM »

4? 5?

What does that tell you about how fans feel about Chester?
In all actuality though, this forum is an ideal place for an angry fan to come and vent.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 08:42:16 PM »

4? 5?

What does that tell you about how fans feel about Chester?
In all actuality though, this forum is an ideal place for an angry fan to come and vent.

The thing is the announcement came on May 18th. That was almost 3.5 months ago. Some people on this board are acting like they just heard the news this morning. We need exactly one topic on this subject, not 4 or 5 or 12.

I completely understand the argument, but there are alot of people here who are not whiney bitches, and are excited for this new era. I love Scott Weiland, and I know he is still making music, maybe he will put out a killer album that will make you forget about the new STP.

No one here will change anything that is happening, with or without a pathetic petition.

- Ron Burgundy

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 08:56:39 PM »
He shouldn't be in STP or any other band for that matter.

NO WEILAND NO STP

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »
He shouldn't be in STP or any other band for that matter.

NO WEILAND NO STP

Okay, so why waste your time?

Listen to Weiland's solo stuff + original STP, and you have everything you need. Nothing to cry about.

- Ron Burgundy

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »
Just because i have a different opinion than you suddenly im wasting my time?

Im looking foward to discussing Weilands upcoming shows and album with fellow fans

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 09:21:28 PM »
You're wasting your time on something you cannot control.

Most people dealt with this back in May, that's why it's annoying to do this now. Get over it.

Scott is my favorite frontman. I hope he puts out an amazing album that knocks us on our asses, but what do you think the chances of that are?

- Ron Burgundy

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 09:34:50 PM »

Most people dealt with this back in May, that's why it's annoying to do this now. Get over it.

Scott is my favorite frontman. I hope he puts out an amazing album that knocks us on our asses, but what do you think the chances of that are?

He's just going to avoid your questions.  He's not here to discuss, he's here to bitch and moan.  It seems oddly peculiar that these new accounts are springing up all of a sudden and they ALL have a problem with Bennington.  Hmm....
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 09:39:41 PM »

He's just going to avoid your questions.  He's not here to discuss, he's here to bitch and moan.  It seems oddly peculiar that these new accounts are springing up all of a sudden and they ALL have a problem with Bennington.  Hmm....

Actually, I was going to suggest earlier that a few people here may have multiple accounts. Seems like  4 or 5 new accounts all against new era STP all of a sudden. If that's the case, that's just too pathetic.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:41:32 PM by ShaneC »

- Ron Burgundy

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 09:42:27 PM »

Actually, I was going to suggest earlier that a few people here may have multiple accounts. Seems like  4 or 5 new accounts all against new era STP all of a sudden. If that's the case, that's just too pathetic.

Bingo.  For a board that receives very little traffic and not many new members, this all seems a little fishy to me.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 09:50:09 PM »
"It seems oddly peculiar that these new accounts are springing up all of a sudden and they ALL have a problem with Bennington.  Hmm...."

Exactly. Seems like someone is desperately trying to convince us that there is a huge groundswell vs. Chester, by creating multiple threads and multiple personalities. Not buying it.

Read the hateful comments on Facebook, many say "Bring Back Scott". This proves that most of those posting aren't real fans, if they think Weiland is capable of fronting the band in his current state. They think STP fired '90s Scott, not the 2013 version. Clueless.