September 19, 2024, 11:53:25 PM

Author Topic: Leave Chester Alone  (Read 8135 times)

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
Leave Chester Alone
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:31 PM »
All this hate for Chester is ridiculous. Yes, we all rather have Scott Weiland as the frontman for STP, but he screwed it up. People act as if Chester has no talent. I am not a big Linkin Park fan, but the guy can sing and in my opinion was the best choice to replace Scott.  All of these petitions to remove him from the band and other ignorant posts are comical. Why wouldn't he accept the offer to front one of his favorite bands? Why shouldn't they continue to use the STP name? Dean, Robert, and Eric were just as crucial to STP as Scott was. Yeah, Scott had success with Velvet Revolver but not one of those tunes match anything from STP's catalog. That must tell you how important they are to the success of STP. At the end of the day it is really very simple. Scott, Dean, Robert, and Eric are magical together. It is sad that Scott had to have drug and alcohol issues that caused him to show up late and have poor performances. Scott is the most talented frontman rock has seen in the last 25 years, but he could not keep it together. It is amazing that the band kept it together that long, considering Scott said they really stopped being peachy with each other around 1994. I am rooting for the new lineup even though it will never be the same. I just hope for some good tunes.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Leave Chester Alone
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »
Agree.

+1
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 08:50:21 PM »
as big of a scott fangirl as I am.. I agree
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 09:35:22 PM »
I hope Scott can pull it together and have an amazing solo career, but his time with the band is over. That's reality.

Eventually it'll sink in, and all this childish hate will fade. What an incredible waste of time and energy.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:01:23 PM »
All this hate for Chester is ridiculous. Yes, we all rather have Scott Weiland as the frontman for STP, but he screwed it up. People act as if Chester has no talent. I am not a big Linkin Park fan, but the guy can sing and in my opinion was the best choice to replace Scott.  All of these petitions to remove him from the band and other ignorant posts are comical. Why wouldn't he accept the offer to front one of his favorite bands? Why shouldn't they continue to use the STP name? Dean, Robert, and Eric were just as crucial to STP as Scott was. Yeah, Scott had success with Velvet Revolver but not one of those tunes match anything from STP's catalog. That must tell you how important they are to the success of STP. At the end of the day it is really very simple. Scott, Dean, Robert, and Eric are magical together. It is sad that Scott had to have drug and alcohol issues that caused him to show up late and have poor performances. Scott is the most talented frontman rock has seen in the last 25 years, but he could not keep it together. It is amazing that the band kept it together that long, considering Scott said they really stopped being peachy with each other around 1994. I am rooting for the new lineup even though it will never be the same. I just hope for some good tunes.
Hey Robrhre, long time dude. Me and you have agreed on a lot of things in the past, this is no exception. I couldn't have said it any better myself, though I have other opinions as well, generally speaking though you hit the nail on the head. +1 for this one, bro.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 10:41:18 PM »
Good thread, no trolls. Nice work folks - bring on the music!

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 11:42:22 PM »
It's nothing personal against Chester, he just isn't talented/deserving enough to sing for the band

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 12:05:22 AM »
I think all this acid being spit by some fans is hypocritical and unwarranted.  They sound like Seattle purists talking about STP 20 years ago.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 12:12:08 AM »
I think all this acid being spit by some fans is hypocritical and unwarranted.  They sound like Seattle purists talking about STP 20 years ago.

Thank you
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 01:35:29 AM »
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

Kingpetty

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 01:37:32 AM »
Chester doesn't deserve the name calling, especially the molester stuff. He has no blame in this. The boys made a decision & that's it. Yes this sucks, but what are we gonna do ? They have chosen what they think is best for STP. Each one of us can choose to support them or not to, it's that simple. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out, but in the meantime I think the new EP will be a success.
Don't chase buses or women, you always get left behind.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 03:29:11 AM »
Everytime I see this topic I think about that youtube video of that boy defending britney spears lol
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 03:54:54 AM »
Everytime I see this topic I think about that youtube video of that boy defending britney spears lol

Haha! Me too...
Grab the hate and drown it out...

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 04:01:25 AM »
Regardless of everyones feelings about the new lineup, it's silly to start insulting Chester. I have nothing against the guy, he always comes across as super nice and he seems like someone who is well liked and respected by his peers. None of this band drama was his fault. I don't blame him for joining his favorite band.

I will approach this new music with an open mind, even if it's not what I want to see happen. But it ain't Chester's fault.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 07:47:03 AM »
Yes, better to keep the band and songs alive with a new singer than no stp at all.  Not gonna hate, if tickets were reasonably priced I would go, but still hard after seeing them with Scott. I can still appreciate someone else's take on the songs. If anything I think Chester is paying tribute to the band which is cool. Also better than some no-name or endless singer search a la VR.