October 03, 2024, 12:59:03 AM

Author Topic: Petition to have Chester Bennington removed from STP  (Read 10673 times)

DeadandTrippin92

Re: Petition to have Chester Bennington removed from STP
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 11:46:35 PM »
We haven't heard back from NoWayOut87 yet, but don't worry if he doesn't respond in the next day or so then I'll get it started on FB and Twitter.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 11:59:15 PM »
We haven't heard back from NoWayOut87 yet, but don't worry if he doesn't respond in the next day or so then I'll get it started on FB and Twitter.

Who in the hell do you think you are?  You are in no way representing the true STP fan so why even bother with your preemptive bullshit?  You create an account on a fan site just to make a petition that won't amount to anything.  Many of the commenters on Facebook are in no way true fans of the band because they have no idea just how much STP has gone downhill in the last 2+ years.  It has been a toxic circus to say the least with Scott, with venues and fan attendance dramatically shrinking.  We here on Belowempty are the true fans who actually go to the shows.  Most of us are actually ready to give Chester and the boys a chance (gasp!) before we shit on their collective efforts.  And this is coming from a long-time Weiland defender.  But it gets to the point that enough is enough.  We would surely not have new music coming out if Weiland was still in the band and you can put the blame on whomever, but it's true.

And no one is forcing you to believe that this is still Stone Temple Pilots.  I know it's not, Weiland will always be integral to the band's image.  But knowing this doesn't stop me from wanting to listen to what the Deleos can do with a more passionate and focused individual at the mic.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 12:05:48 AM »
Seriously, this is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. With Chester, they have a number 1 single, near universal critical acclaim, better attendance at shows than they've had in YEARS, and almost NO negative reviews from any of their concerts. Add to that that there are generally at least TWICE the amount of likes on the bands Facebook post than there are comments (meaning that even if ALL the comments are negative, they are still in the minority.) and it's pretty obvious that the majority of listeners support this new line-up.

And you think with ALL of that above, they're going to fire Chester because a bunch of whiny children on a Facebook page made a petition? Good luck
Grab the hate and drown it out...

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 12:12:50 AM »
Ok who are you to say who is or who isnt a real STP fan? You and a few other people like Chester that's fine but out of STP's entire fanbase you are in the minority to say the very least. Having an account on this forum doesnt make you anymore or any less of a STP fan. Whether you want to admit or not 90% of their fanbase is pissed off about their selection of having Chester as their new frontman. So dont try to down someone with your snobby "we are real stp fans" when 90% of the overall fanbase is responding negatively

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 12:19:38 AM »
Ok who are you to say who is or who isnt a real STP fan? You and a few other people like Chester that's fine but out of STP's entire fanbase you are in the minority to say the very least. Having an account on this forum doesnt make you anymore or any less of a STP fan. Whether you want to admit or not 90% of their fanbase is pissed off about their selection of having Chester as their new frontman. So dont try to down someone with your snobby "we are real stp fans" when 90% of the overall fanbase is responding negatively

90%? Where the fuck did you come up with that bullshit number?

Before you get on your fucking high-horse, why don't you take a look in the mirror? You're saying we're not true STP fans because we want the band to continue on with a lead singer who is mmensely talented, and actually gives a shit about the fans and the music?

The majority of people I've heard from have had positive responses. Sorry, but that's a fucking FACT. I can pull a number out of my ass like you did, and say that ONE MILLION PERCENT of fans support it, but how does that support my argument?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:21:58 AM by Blue »

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 12:29:06 AM »

If you are one of the "Scott IS STP" people, just think, you can ditch the new era STP and only listen to Scott's solo stuff. Since "Scott IS STP" you're getting everything you want. No need to even visit this site anymore.

That said, can't wait for new STP in October!!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:31:53 AM by ShaneC »
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 12:29:26 AM »

If you were so passionate about this band why join just to start a petition?  You are taking the opinion of the ill-informed Facebook peeps who are still livin' in the '90s and probably have no idea that STP put out a new album this decade.

Did this transition to Chester Bennington from Scott Weiland go smoothly?  No.  Is it what I would want as a fan of a functioning band that is my favorite?  Hell no.  But that is the thing, this band has not been functional for awhile now.  Weiland's sporadic behavior has hindered STP.  The way I see it there are only two options for STP:  Break-up permanently or go on with a new lead singer.  They chose the latter and I will wait to see what they have to share before I diss on them.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 12:30:34 AM »

If you are one of the "Scott IS STP" people, just think, you can ditch the new era STP and only listen to Scott's solo stuff. Since "Scott IS STP" you're getting everything you want. Not need to even visit this site anymore.

That said, can't wait for new STP in October!!!!

Solid post!

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 12:32:28 AM »
I didnt say you 2 werent real stp fans at all smh. Lame attempt to try and twist my words. Im saying I know that everyone is not against Chester literally, but STPs OVERALL fan base ( not 4 people on some forum ) would rather Chester not be in the band hence the major backlash. So stop acting like your speaking for all the fans when in reality your in the minority to say the VERY least.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 12:37:15 AM »
If you were so passionate about this band why join just to start a petition?  You are taking the opinion of the ill-informed Facebook peeps who are still livin' in the '90s and probably have no idea that STP put out a new album this decade.

As I've said before, the reaction on Facebook actually seems to be predominantly positive. While negative comments do tend to outweigh positive comments by 2 or 3 to 1, LIKES tend to outweigh comments by at least 3-4 times. So even if ALL comments on Facebook were negative, we're still only talking about 25%-33% of the fan base having a negative reactions.

I'm not saying Facebook is a scientific method of polling or anything... My point is simply that anyone who uses Facebook to support their own agenda against Chester is full of shit. Actually doing the numbers proves that the reaction on Facebook is mostly positive.

SilverLeaf

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 12:37:42 AM »

This is beyond pathetic. Completely agree with Blue, ShaneC and DeadAndNotForSale.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 12:37:59 AM »
I didnt say you 2 werent real stp fans at all smh. Lame attempt to try and twist my words. Im saying I know that everyone is not against Chester literally, but STPs OVERALL fan base ( not 4 people on some forum ) would rather Chester not be in the band hence the major backlash. So stop acting like your speaking for all the fans when in reality your in the minority to say the VERY least.

You are missing the point.  The fans who want Scott back and Chester gone are clueless on the world of STP and what has been going on for the past couple of years.  Real fans want a touring band, new music, and promotional gigs.  STP with Scott wasn't getting the job done.  Those classics from the 90's with Scott will always be there, just go turn on the radio.  Being a casual fan is just fine in my book, but don't hate on the people who still want new music by making a dumb petition.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 12:39:28 AM »

As I've said before, the reaction on Facebook actually seems to be predominantly positive. While negative comments do tend to outweigh positive comments by 2 or 3 to 1, LIKES tend to outweigh comments by at least 3-4 times. So even if ALL comments on Facebook were negative, we're still only talking about 25%-33% of the fan base having a negative reactions.

I'm not saying Facebook is a scientific method of polling or anything... My point is simply that anyone who uses Facebook to support their own agenda against Chester is full of shit. Actually doing the numbers proves that the reaction on Facebook is mostly positive.

Exactly. 

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 12:39:37 AM »

Again, you spout bullshit without even taking a moment to THINK about what you're saying.

The majority of people on this forum and all other rock forums I go to SUPPORT Chester, the majority of people on Facebook SUPPORT Chester, the majority of music critics and casual fans SUPPORT Chester. Where are you getting this shit about the MAJORITY of the fanbase being against him? You have yet to site a SINGLE verifiable fact.

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 12:46:30 AM »
Lol Blue your full of shit or on drugs or both. Most of the feedback on FB, Youtube, Twitter, and other rock forums IS negative. Most STP fans ARE pissed off about this hack fronting STP. You cant be THAT much of a fanboy to say thats not true. Take Chesters nuts out of your mouth for Christs sake.