October 03, 2024, 05:26:19 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington To Release new EP "High Rise" on October 8th  (Read 7514 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots To Release new EP "High Rise" on October 8th
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »
I'm actually really happy they have the "with Chester Bennington" on it. Because they are STP, or 3/4 or it and that kind of shows that they know this could be temporary and keeps from totally tarnishing their legacy. I think it's a good way of still capitalizing on the name recognition that they earned but not trying to pretend that it's really fully STP. This satisfies me at least. I feel okay supporting this now. LOL! I'm sure they're all gonna breathe a sigh of relief knowing that they have my acceptance now.

It's kind of like Queen with Paul Rodgers. Kind of like using the name for recognition but not trying to pretend it it's the real deal. Then when they inevitably reunite with Scott in a few years. It can be written off as kind of a side project.

I disagree. I think it's a mechanical, engineered legal move because of the litigation.

Agreed.  There's precedent out there and that's when the guy is dead.  Sublime w/ Rome.  Sad sad day.  I read the facebook posts yesterday w/ the Q&A.  90% are against this incarnation of STP.  I'm one of them.  I sent a question to them though, asking why they want to shit on their fans by giving us STP Karaoke.  The band needs to hear their fans are vs. this move and they're hearing it via twitter and facebook. 

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 07:43:39 PM »
Facebook? Lol, oh no, they must stop.

And Chris thats simply a  garbage question proving how dumb people can be on social media.  Next time you run into t/Deleos ask them that question to there faces

"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 07:44:18 PM »
I dig it.

Can't wait til October.
Never agreed more with you, ShaneC, just based on your latest posts. We're in the same boat regarding the band it seems. I really like this cover art. The font work explicitly. I'm in graphic design and I've marketed a few things here and there, the font to me gives off a classic vibe, which STP has always favored the more classic rock influenced area of rock (especially later into their career). Then the art itself I think, as most of you have said, is definitely more Chester influenced I feel like, kind of gritty with earth tones and things but nothing radical. I really like it and hell, I'm probably over-analyzing it entirely, but it looks good, it looks new, and that's exciting.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
Seems like you left me when you broke down

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 08:56:29 PM »
I dig it.

Can't wait til October.
Never agreed more with you, ShaneC, just based on your latest posts. We're in the same boat regarding the band it seems. I really like this cover art. The font work explicitly. I'm in graphic design and I've marketed a few things here and there, the font to me gives off a classic vibe, which STP has always favored the more classic rock influenced area of rock (especially later into their career). Then the art itself I think, as most of you have said, is definitely more Chester influenced I feel like, kind of gritty with earth tones and things but nothing radical. I really like it and hell, I'm probably over-analyzing it entirely, but it looks good, it looks new, and that's exciting.

I also like the classic font alot.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere, but I wonder what the significance of the title High Rise is.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »
I'm not crazy about the artwork and I don't much care for the name - it should simply be Stone Temple Pilots in my book.

But all I really care about is the music. And that will be happening stuff, I don't doubt it for a minute.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 10:49:30 PM »
Can't wait to hear it!  It feels like it has been so long ago since self-titled came out.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:47:30 PM by DeadAndNotForSale »
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 12:10:28 AM »
In some way, the cover art reminds me of Core.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 12:11:34 AM »
In some way, the cover art reminds me of Core.

Was thinking that too...maybe to show that this is a new beginning perhaps?
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 01:39:56 AM »
Digging that they added "With Chester Bennington", whether it's for legal shit or if it's just because they want people to know it's not Weiland they're hearing

Dig the cover art, reminiscent of Core, good stuff

Not sure about the name, seems kind of...meh
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012