September 20, 2024, 01:44:12 PM

Author Topic: Attend STP's Rehearsal on 9/1/13  (Read 19241 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Attend STP's Rehearsal on 9/1/13
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2013, 11:13:23 PM »
What fucking bullshit.

You people are just fucking bitching to fucking bitch. The dudes singing the songs perfectly, on key, and giving great performances... So you pull some "He doesn't have his heart in it!" shit out of your ass.

So for the record:

Chester highly energetic and dancing around the stage = He's copying Scott.

Chester DOESN'T dance around, "his heart isn't in it."

Jesus man, enough is enough. If you guys are just being contrary for the sake of being contrary, then why the fuck do you even watch these fucking videos? It's obvious that excellent performances aren't enough, because he's giving more heart and passion than I've seen come from Scott since he picked up the bottle, and if you close your eyes you can almost imagine it's the voice of Scott from 10 years ago you're hearing.

But that's not the point, is it? Scott's a golden god of greatness, so it just fucking rubs y'all the wrong way to think that the guy from Linkin Park is ACTUALLY filling his shoes more than adequately.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2013, 11:38:13 PM »
What fucking bullshit.

You people are just fucking bitching to fucking bitch. The dudes singing the songs perfectly, on key, and giving great performances... So you pull some "He doesn't have his heart in it!" shit out of your ass.

So for the record:

Jesus man, enough is enough. If you guys are just being contrary for the sake of being contrary, then why the fuck do you even watch these fucking videos? It's obvious that excellent performances aren't enough, because he's giving more heart and passion than I've seen come from Scott since he picked up the bottle, and if you close your eyes you can almost imagine it's the voice of Scott from 10 years ago you're hearing.

But that's not the point, is it? Scott's a golden god of greatness, so it just fucking rubs y'all the wrong way to think that the guy from Linkin Park is ACTUALLY filling his shoes more than adequately.

Blue, you argue way to much.
If you only knew..

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 11:50:59 PM »
What fucking bullshit.

Thanks Blue, saved me another rant. Spot on bro.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 11:52:51 PM »
What fucking bullshit.

So for the record:

And the Deleos are completely without blame for STP's downfall.  They shit gold and fart rainbows and can do absolutely no wrong.  Scott is 100% responsible for everything bad that has happened to the band.

The hard truth is there should never have been a reunion, it was clear that Scott wasn't well from the get-go.  I don't think he's been the same since his brother died, the divorce, and leaving VR.  It was obvious that Scott wasn't well in 08 and not fit to tour, but like Scott said recently I suppose the Deleos can be very convincing when there's money involved...which is really all this debacle is about.  It's not about preserving legacy or performing for the fans, its about money and it's been that way with the band for a long time. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:55:02 PM by Lazy Divey »

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2013, 12:02:57 AM »
The hard truth is there should never have been a reunion, it was clear that Scott wasn't well from the get-go.  I don't think he's been the same since his brother died, the divorce, and leaving VR.  It was obvious that Scott wasn't well in 08 and not fit to tour, but like Scott said recently I suppose the Deleos can be very convincing when there's money involved...which is really all this debacle is about.  It's not about preserving legacy or performing for the fans, its about money and it's been that way with the band for a long time. 

Leaving aside the bias, there's a lot of truth in what you say imo.

Bottom line for me - I want STPw/CB to go out there and kick it, I want SW to get healthy and happy and I want SLDD & TM to be widely recognised as 2 of the greatest rock albums of all time.

Right now, it's looking like only 1 of those things will happen which is a shame but there it is.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2013, 12:12:19 AM »
If the rest of the band gave one shit for Scott they would have made sure he got the help he needed before going on a reunion tour and making another album.  It seems like they saw a chance to make some money and be somewhat relevant again, then they kick Scott to the curb after years of touring while being a mess.....you know to make more money.  That is fucking disgusting and why I won't be buying anything from this new band.  For me, STP died with Shangri-La Dee Da.. everything else is just a ghost of what the band used to be.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:18:20 AM by Lazy Divey »

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2013, 12:14:18 AM »
What fucking bullshit.

So for the record:

BLUE for President !

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2013, 12:26:29 AM »
What fucking bullshit.

So for the record:

BLUE for President !

You can count on my vote, too, Blue!
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2013, 12:42:16 AM »
If the rest of the band gave one shit for Scott they would have made sure he got the help he needed before going on a reunion tour and making another album.  It seems like they saw a chance to make some money and be somewhat relevant again, then they kick Scott to the curb after years of touring while being a mess.....you know to make more money.  That is fucking disgusting and why I won't be buying anything from this new band.  For me, STP died with Shangri-La Dee Da.. everything else is just a ghost of what the band used to be.

Yes. Same for some of the fans. If Scott isn't doing what they want him to do, he's suddenly shit. Also, anyone who believes they're playing deep cuts because they care, are delusional. This is a perfect move to try to make sure the loyal fans stay, while grabbing new ones. Don't get me wrong, I understand they have a family to feed...-_-

We've  all heard the interviews about the setlist, so it definitely wasn't Scott's fault. Scott was out there playing deep cuts with the Wildabouts and made it clear that he wanted to play those songs with STP... While Dean claimed that people take bathroom breaks for those, and rather play the hits.
The same people supporting this, are the same people who bitched about Grean fucking up the deep cuts, so what makes it wrong for anyone to not like the way Chester sings these songs? I honestly could care less if Scott didnt play STP songs at his solo songs. Not because he's out there to ruin them on purpose like some claim, but I just rather hear STP playing STP. If I go to see Scott solo, I wanna hear HIS songs... If I wanna see the new line up performing, I'd much rather hear them play a ton of new material, without them telling me that this is STP.
That is the only way I can accept this whole mess, and really wish the court would settle for. None of them should be able to promote themselves as STP without being STP.
In a perfect world IMO...

Both parties are only allowed to cover 4 songs from their catalogue.
Neither are allowed to use STP to promote their gigs unless they're playing together.

Since they love money so much, maybe that would make them get their shit together.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:44:35 AM by VelvetLounngeFly »
If you only knew..

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2013, 12:44:19 AM »
Where to begin:

First off, I was totally disgusted when I heard about STP bringing Chester in to take over for Scott. But after hearing Chester, on the STP songs, he sounds better than Scott has in God knows how long. You all know how I have been hating on STP lately.

Scott's solo shows are a joke. I'm not sure how the STP shows with Chester will be but I can promise they'll start on time and play more than an hour and they'll sound pretty good. STP of 10-15 years ago? No. Better than the STP we have had the last 5 years? Yes.

All that being said, the new STP EP is cheesy. I had the opportunity to hear it this past weekend. It sounds exactly what you'd think it would sound like... It's STP with Chester trying to sound like Scott. The lyrics are generic. The only thing memorable are some of Dean's solo's. Eric's drumming is boring and Robert's bass lines aren't anything special. The production was really very good and it sounded better than the last STP record, IMO.

I'll be curious to see what the consensus is once the tour starts and people hear the EP. I think more people will dig the live show but will be disappointed with the EP, but that's my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:46:33 AM by Vaporized »
Take it.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2013, 01:18:01 AM »
What fucking bullshit.

So for the record:

And the Deleos are completely without blame for STP's downfall.  They shit gold and fart rainbows and can do absolutely no wrong.  Scott is 100% responsible for everything bad that has happened to the band.

Scott had talked about wanting to reunite STP as far back as a year and a half before it happened.  Nobody forced Scott into the reunion, he was eager to play with them again and for the big money as much as the others were.  I have seen no evidence to prove that the DeLeos or Eric have ever done anything detrimental to the band.  Have those guys ever showed up to a show inebriated, late, or refused to speak to other members?

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2013, 01:22:29 AM »
Where to begin:

First off, I was totally disgusted when I heard about STP bringing Chester in to take over for Scott. But after hearing Chester, on the STP songs, he sounds better than Scott has in God knows how long. You all know how I have been hating on STP lately.

Scott's solo shows are a joke. I'm not sure how the STP shows with Chester will be but I can promise they'll start on time and play more than an hour and they'll sound pretty good. STP of 10-15 years ago? No. Better than the STP we have had the last 5 years? Yes.

All that being said, the new STP EP is cheesy. I had the opportunity to hear it this past weekend. It sounds exactly what you'd think it would sound like... It's STP with Chester trying to sound like Scott. The lyrics are generic. The only thing memorable are some of Dean's solo's. Eric's drumming is boring and Robert's bass lines aren't anything special. The production was really very good and it sounded better than the last STP record, IMO.

I'll be curious to see what the consensus is once the tour starts and people hear the EP. I think more people will dig the live show but will be disappointed with the EP, but that's my opinion.

I don't buy that you heard the EP.  If there's something specific from it you can remember that ends up being true I'll believe you.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2013, 01:23:43 AM »
What fucking bullshit.

So for the record:

I have seen no evidence to prove that the DeLeos or Eric have ever done anything detrimental to the band. 

You are just as delusional as the Scott apologists.  Please continue talking out of your ass, it's amusing. 

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2013, 01:26:26 AM »

It was obvious that Scott wasn't well in 08 and not fit to tour, but like Scott said recently I suppose the Deleos can be very convincing when there's money involved...
Wow, this makes it sound like Scott is a brainless fool just waiting to be preyed upon by the evil DeLeo brothers. If the DeLeos were indeed that convincing, I wonder why they weren't able to convince Scott to get into rehab. Surely, that would have made them more money.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2013, 01:26:38 AM »

Yes. Same for some of the fans. If Scott isn't doing what they want him to do, he's suddenly shit. Also, anyone who believes they're playing deep cuts because they care, are delusional. This is a perfect move to try to make sure the loyal fans stay, while grabbing new ones. Don't get me wrong, I understand they have a family to feed...-_-

We've  all heard the interviews about the setlist, so it definitely wasn't Scott's fault. Scott was out there playing deep cuts with the Wildabouts and made it clear that he wanted to play those songs with STP... While Dean claimed that people take bathroom breaks for those, and rather play the hits.
The same people supporting this, are the same people who bitched about Grean fucking up the deep cuts, so what makes it wrong for anyone to not like the way Chester sings these songs? I honestly could care less if Scott didnt play STP songs at his solo songs. Not because he's out there to ruin them on purpose like some claim, but I just rather hear STP playing STP. If I go to see Scott solo, I wanna hear HIS songs... If I wanna see the new line up performing, I'd much rather hear them play a ton of new material, without them telling me that this is STP.
That is the only way I can accept this whole mess, and really wish the court would settle for. None of them should be able to promote themselves as STP without being STP.
In a perfect world IMO...

Both parties are only allowed to cover 4 songs from their catalogue.
Neither are allowed to use STP to promote their gigs unless they're playing together.

Since they love money so much, maybe that would make them get their shit together.

Dean wasn't going to say "Our lead singer is fucked up so he can't sing the deep cuts well and a lot of the time he doesn't show up to rehearsals period."

From talking to Robert it sounds like there were a lot of songs the band wanted to perform from 2008-2012 but couldn't because Scott wasn't capable.  STP isn't the Wildabouts, that band has no problem going out there with Scott and butchering STP deep cuts.

If Jerry Cantrell, Sean Kinney, and Mike Inez have the right to use the Alice In Chains name then the DeLeos and Kretz have the right to use the STP name.