September 20, 2024, 11:32:19 AM

Author Topic: Attend STP's Rehearsal on 9/1/13  (Read 19189 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Attend STP's Rehearsal on 9/1/13
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2013, 12:50:37 AM »
I've heard the EP, too. Instead of singing, Chester just farts into the mic for three out of five songs, and Dean plays Ukelele instead of guitar for most of the album.

The fifth song is a polka song.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2013, 12:56:08 AM »
I've heard the EP, too. Instead of singing, Chester just farts into the mic for three out of five songs, and Dean plays Ukelele instead of guitar for most of the album.

My source says Vaporized has no source.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2013, 01:06:15 AM »

My source says Vaporized has no source.

His comments on the EP are just way too vague.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2013, 01:14:17 AM »

Yeah, I heard it too. There were no drums. Well, at least I think there were no drums, but I couldn’t really tell through my phone. But if there were no drums, that would be only right because, well you know, Kretz did play the drums with STP and all, so he shouldn’t be doing the same thing with Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington the Dean, Eric, Robert, and Chester Bennington Band.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2013, 01:31:14 AM »

Yeah, I heard it too. There were no drums. Well, at least I think there were no drums, but I couldn’t really tell through my phone. But if there were no drums, that would be only right because, well you know, Kretz did play the drums with STP and all, so he shouldn’t be doing the same thing with Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington the Dean, Eric, Robert, and Chester Bennington Band.

My sources tell me Kretz will be adopting the persona of "Grand Master Kretzle" and will perform as the band's D.J. for the rest of the tour.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2013, 02:53:23 AM »
When I listened to the EP, I noticed that it was mainly Eric singing, even on Out of Time, which had originally been tracked by Chester, who was doing backing vocals and was listed on the EP as playing the bongos.

The first three tracks sound like Tool mixed with The Wiggles, the other two sound like classic Linkin Park. With slight hints of Madonna here and there, Deans guitar parts were influenced quite heavily by the works of guitar god Doug Grean, who he thanked in the liner notes.

All in all a good album.
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2013, 05:26:01 AM »
Me and STP!

Thats awesome! Ps. Your hot!!!
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2013, 07:18:19 AM »
Going by the Rehearsal vids which i was really curious about (Thanks Tyrant) , here's what i thought -

Pop 's Love Suicide was awesome! Thought Chester did justice to it as a cover.
Piece of Pie is a song that seems perfect for Chester but I didn't like it as much. From here I began to see Chester's LP trademarks. Can't blame him for that. Its what he brings to the table. But hope there's no other effects of the LP kind on the EP though.
Trippin' - Didn't really like how Chester sings it. But man can u see Dean rejuvenated! The energy! So u know the Deleos are loving it!
Church On Tuesday - What a surprise that must have been to hear the intro in that room! I love No.4! But here, Chester did go off. Then again, its a rehearsal. And some STP songs I can imagine are so easy to go off on, its understandable. Chester will get it right on Tour i guess.

Do I hate Chester? No. Am I an LP fan? No. What will ppl get to see? As i see it, covers of Deep Cuts, the hits and new originals by STP+Chester is all i'd say. I'm more interested in the EP. Just to see what Chester does with the Challenge/Chance he's been given. We'll just have to imagine what Scott might have made of those songs. Like TS and AOA. Scott will be missed regardless.
Now i'm gonna go back to listen to the Originals of the band that gelled during the SLDD locked in a room days. :)

I really enjoyed watching those rehearsal videos! I thought they were all solid and legit! I've always been a LP fan so this new STP experience is awesome to me. Been an STP fan since the Core era as I have stated many times. Just very excited for the new material!
Now my question is did anyone record Sex & Violence?? lol Anyone??  Would have loved to see that one live as that was one of my fav No.4 songs!

8)

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2013, 06:31:41 PM »
When I listened to the EP, I noticed that it was mainly Eric singing, even on Out of Time, which had originally been tracked by Chester, who was doing backing vocals and was listed on the EP as playing the bongos.

The first three tracks sound like Tool mixed with The Wiggles, the other two sound like classic Linkin Park. With slight hints of Madonna here and there, Deans guitar parts were influenced quite heavily by the works of guitar god Doug Grean, who he thanked in the liner notes.

All in all a good album.

Haha! Good shit!

Ride the Cliche

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2013, 07:17:25 AM »
Me and STP!

A bit late to this, but this is fucking awesome.  Congrats on getting to go, Brett, and isn't Rob just the best?  Quick question... how many STP fans were actually chosen/present?  As you said, quite a few friends/family/media and I know at least 5 big LP fans went, so just trying to get a sense of who/how they picked the ten lucky people.

Too many shows to list...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2013, 07:52:06 AM »
1 guy I talked to was in his mid 40's, a long time fan.  I saw another guy who had an STP shirt on.  He was the only other guy besides me wearing an STP shirt.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »
1 guy I talked to was in his mid 40's, a long time fan.  I saw another guy who had an STP shirt on.  He was the only other guy besides me wearing an STP shirt.

I imagine there were a few LP fans there. Apparently, they can get tour tix at "2 for 1". Smart move, hopefully gets a few more people into STP. We sure need them.