October 02, 2024, 11:19:39 AM

Author Topic: STP should retire instead of moving foward with Chester Bennington  (Read 12740 times)

My2ndAlbum

Obviously, there's been a serious backlash over STP's decision to recruit Chester into the band. Every forum is trashing this guy and every comment on STP's facebook page is 90% negative towards Chester. The more I think about this guy "singing" for my favorite band the more I want to throw up. I think instead of ruining their legacy they should call it quits as soon as possible. Not a good look at all for STP

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP should retire instead of moving foward with Chester Bennington
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 06:09:31 PM »
I support the new era STP. I've been a fan since day 1. Bought Core when it came out, when I was 14, and loved them ever since.

The only person to ruin the STP legacy is Weiland. I say that even though he may be my favorite frontman.

The future STP with Chester does have a ton of supporters. It would be great if Scott gave a shit, but he doesn't...so see ya, Scott!

Also, as for the facebook STP page, can any of those "fans" name 10 songs off the last 3 albums combined, without looking it up?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:13:11 PM by ShaneC »
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:30:48 PM »
Obviously, there's been a serious backlash over STP's decision to recruit Chester into the band. Every forum is trashing this guy and every comment on STP's facebook page is 90% negative towards Chester. The more I think about this guy "singing" for my favorite band the more I want to throw up. I think instead of ruining their legacy they should call it quits as soon as possible. Not a good look at all for STP

I'm more into this line of thinking than the Scott deserves it and let's see what Chester's got camp.  This is coming from a guy that is a fan of Chester.  I'd totally be into a Chester plus the Deleos setup.  Like VR and AOA were.  Cover some STP tunes maybe some LP tunes too.  But this hijacking of STP by the Deleos has ruined both STP and what could be a cool collaboration with Chester for me.       

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »
I support the new era STP. I've been a fan since day 1. Bought Core when it came out, when I was 14, and loved them ever since.

The only person to ruin the STP legacy is Weiland. I say that even though he may be my favorite frontman.

The future STP with Chester does have a ton of supporters. It would be great if Scott gave a shit, but he doesn't...so see ya, Scott!

Also, as for the facebook STP page, can any of those "fans" name 10 songs off the last 3 albums combined, without looking it up?

Thank you for posting this. One of the few voices of reason here. I too am a supporter of the new era STP. Like Shane I have been an STP fan since the early 90's Core days and
been following ever since. I bought the Core album when I was 12. The rest of the STP guys have been playing the waiting around game for 20 years. They waited around then Talk Show came up. Again waited around AoA popped up. At this point in their
career as they have stated but maybe some people don't want to read it that their BS meter has run out. Will they keep waiting around and around? No. Time to move on without Scott. Plain and simple really. Amazing that people are
so quick to judge before the EP has even been released. Not one single individual in the world can say that they have been in their shoes being in the band, dealing with Scott etc. Just accept that they have moved on. Also apparent that people
have a hard time with change. Let this EP get released, have it be out for a little while then you can start your mud slinging at Chester. I've always been a LP fan myself so I think he would just fit right in. He may not have the artistic swag
that Scott Weiland has but we all know that Chester can rock and he can do those soft rockers as well. I support the guy 100%. I also support Scott 100% with his solo career and look forward to his album as well. So in time we shall see which one
sells the most right? So to all the negative comments toward STP/Chester.....Keep Calm and Carry On!

8)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »

Thank you for posting this. One of the few voices of reason here. I too am a supporter of the new era STP. Like Shane I have been an STP fan since the early 90's Core days and
been following ever since. I bought the Core album when I was 12. The rest of the STP guys have been playing the waiting around game for 20 years. They waited around then Talk Show came up. Again waited around AoA popped up. At this point in their
career as they have stated but maybe some people don't want to read it that their BS meter has run out. Will they keep waiting around and around? No. Time to move on without Scott. Plain and simple really. Amazing that people are
so quick to judge before the EP has even been released. Not one single individual in the world can say that they have been in their shoes being in the band, dealing with Scott etc. Just accept that they have moved on. Also apparent that people
have a hard time with change. Let this EP get released, have it be out for a little while then you can start your mud slinging at Chester. I've always been a LP fan myself so I think he would just fit right in. He may not have the artistic swag
that Scott Weiland has but we all know that Chester can rock and he can do those soft rockers as well. I support the guy 100%. I also support Scott 100% with his solo career and look forward to his album as well. So in time we shall see which one
sells the most right? So to all the negative comments toward STP/Chester.....Keep Calm and Carry On!

8)

Both of you guys sum up my feelings.  Let's at least listen to the EP
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:15:16 PM »
Get over yourselves with all this legacy.nonsense
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 04:23:51 PM »
I know this is wishful thinking, but how likely is it, do you think, for STP to surprise us with a full album instead of an EP?

- Ron Burgundy

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »
Get over yourselves with all this legacy.nonsense

I feel like you're trying to come off like TemplePilot, saying something brash (but usually true), but failing miserably.

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 05:22:59 PM »
Retire? No.
Change the band name? Yes
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 07:17:20 PM »
They should have called it a day in 2011

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 09:10:10 PM »

8)

Same boat.  Following since Core.  Totally different conclusion for me, though.  Scott is probably all the things people are saying.  But I've never witnessed a better frontman and it's not even close.  For me, Scott is irreplaceable.  May I add for the past decade, he's been his most prolific.  Between STP, VR, and solo the guy has been producing for the fans non stop.  I truly believe he's in it for the fulfillment it provides him and everything else comes after including $$$, his bandmates happiness, ect.  He has his flaws but I've always supported him and he's always come through with great music and a kick ass live performance.   

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 04:56:17 AM »
Retire? No.
Change the band name? Yes

That works too, but they'd still be trash lets be honest. However, a name change would help savor the humiliation of having Chester Bennington singing on a record that's under the STP moniker

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »

8)

Same boat.  Following since Core.  Totally different conclusion for me, though.  Scott is probably all the things people are saying.  But I've never witnessed a better frontman and it's not even close.  For me, Scott is irreplaceable.  May I add for the past decade, he's been his most prolific.  Between STP, VR, and solo the guy has been producing for the fans non stop.  I truly believe he's in it for the fulfillment it provides him and everything else comes after including $$$, his bandmates happiness, ect.  He has his flaws but I've always supported him and he's always come through with great music and a kick ass live performance.   

If I knew that things could be great with Weiland and STP once again, I would take that over any other situation. Weiland is a one-of-a-kind performer.

The thing is if this didn't happen, there might not be any STP music again. Scott simply does not care.

I think I'll wait for the EP before making my final decision but, for now, I like what I've heard so far.

- Ron Burgundy

Numberfour

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 09:40:09 PM »
Not sure if I completely agree with this.. they just need to change their name. Once they do that, maybe they can get some respect and be taken seriously again. It would also help simmer down a lot of the hate

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 09:44:37 PM »
Not sure if I completely agree with this.. they just need to change their name. Once they do that, maybe they can get some respect and be taken seriously again. It would also help simmer down a lot of the hate

There's plenty of positivity out there, you just have to get past the trolls (who are here also). Things are looking up and I reckon will continue to do so once the EP drops.

I think some of the trolls don't realise that many of us have been around for a long time. We've seen much harder times and many more dumb comments than they can come up with.