September 30, 2024, 03:35:11 PM

Author Topic: SCOTT WEILAND Says His Former Bandmates In STP Will Have To 'Buy Him Out' Of Com  (Read 7294 times)

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
SCOTT WEILAND Says His Former Bandmates In STP Will Have To 'Buy Him Out' Of Company

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-weiland-says-his-former-stp-bandmates-will-have-to-buy-him-out-of-company/

On August 22, Chad Tyson of the 98.7 The Gater radio station in West Palm Beach, Florida conducted an interview with former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland. You can now listen to the chat below.
Speaking about his legal battle with his former bandmates over the use of the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS name, Weiland said: "We're in litigation. There's a band agreement, a band contract agreement. They didn't follow the rules that were set down as to… for any member, if you were to… There has to be a reason for letting go a member, you have to give them a certain period of time to deal with it whatever different ways you want them to do. But it's just ridiculous, 'cause they can't use the name with me not being in the band without us coming to an agreement. So I just don't really see that… They'll have buy me out of the company, because I have major value in the company and in the brand. So that's where we're at. The lawyers will deal with it."

STP fired Weiland earlier this year and recruited LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington to take over.
The group sued Weiland in May, accusing him of using the band's name to advance his solo career, while claiming that his poor performances, late arrivals, and addiction struggles harmed the band's career.
Weiland has countersued, claiming that the band cannot use the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS name without him.
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, featuring Chester Bennington, will release an EP this fall, in conjunction with a North American tour that kicks off on September 4 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and winds down on September 27 in Las Vegas.

Weiland told The Pulse Of Radio that he and Bennington were good friends before this, but he doesn't see Bennington's move as a betrayal. "Yeah, I mean, I've known Chester for a long time," he said. "I got to be pretty close with him on the Family Values tour. I don't think Chester did it in a spiteful way. The brothers DeLeo [Dean, guitar and Robert, bass], they can be pretty persuasive."

Weiland recently embarked on a new run of solo tour dates beginning on August 2 in Los Angeles. As with his other shows earlier in the year, Weiland is playing material from STP's first two albums, "Core" and "Purple", as well as a smattering of covers, solo tunes and other STP tracks.

Weiland's use of STP songs in his solo shows was reportedly one of the reasons why the band sacked and then sued him. The band members claim that this, along with his erratic behavior and substance abuse issues, damaged their career.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:09:22 PM by Sklashboombash »
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
STP is my favorite company of all time!

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

C'mon Chester, you know you don't want to become a part of the STP circus. Just do the world a favor and quit the band for gods sake. Then retire from making music altogether.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
STP is my favorite company of all time!
Not mine....And to think this whole time, we could of all been calling the BBB. In STP land we can now call it the BBBBBB. The Big Bang Baby Better Business Bureau. I'm calling to complain, I suggest you all do the same, its the only hope we have of anybody giving a fuck about us.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
lol on Twitter I asked people what the guys in the STP company's jobs are, here's the best response: "Deleo Brothers are janitors cuz they are always cleaning up after Weiland's shit, Chester is an intern, Eric is the secretary."

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Also I demand Scott be re-added to the Wikipedia.  Until he's bought out of the company STP has two singers: Chester and Scott.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Also I demand Scott be re-added to the Wikipedia.  Until he's bought out of the company STP has two singers: Chester and Scott.
It's odd you say that, I was just on their wiki page a few hours ago and got sad when I saw Scott listed as a "Past Member"...

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
GnR is not the same w/out Axl.  But is the same w/out Slash and the rest.  Scott obviously has a point.  I hope he fights for the name and just doesn't cash out.  He's identified more with the band than anyone else.     

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
All Scott cares about is money, if they paid him millions of dollars he'd happily give away any rights to the STP name.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I feel it's important to note that we are getting second hand legal information from an alcoholic who told us not even a year ago that Velvet Revolver was reuniting. Scott might as well be saying unicorns exist at this point, because no sane human being would believe a word that comes out of his mouth.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:46:38 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
All Scott cares about is money, if they paid him millions of dollars he'd happily give away any rights to the STP name.
Wouldn't you at this point? It's clear they're all about money, not just Scott. The rest of the guys aren't getting out there with a big name modern "rock" singer because he's the nicest guy in the world.
They'll never be able to work out their issues, specially since the STP Scott we knew isnt even there anymore. If they want Scott to just stop using anything STP while they feel they're allowed to, then give him a massive amount of change. No matter how much of a mess he is, he's responsible for those hits.
I completely see where Scott is coming from by calling it a company, and that's how they basically acted. A big name got voted out of the company because he is fucking up their success into making money.

Give Scott what he wants, and let him embarrass himself in whatever way he chooses to. Maybe he'll finally sit his ass at home and stop giving himself such an awful reputation.

Ughh whatever, this whole thing is just depressing.
If you only knew..

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I feel it's important to note that we are getting second hand legal information from an alcoholic who told us not even a year ago that Velvet Revolver was reuniting. Scott might as well be saying unicorns exist at this point, because no sane human being would believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

And we're finishing their 3rd record. So embarrassing.
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Wouldn't you at this point? It's clear they're all about money, not just Scott. The rest of the guys aren't getting out there with a big name modern "rock" singer because he's the nicest guy in the world.
They'll never be able to work out their issues, specially since the STP Scott we knew isnt even there anymore. If they want Scott to just stop using anything STP while they feel they're allowed to, then give him a massive amount of change. No matter how much of a mess he is, he's responsible for those hits.
I completely see where Scott is coming from by calling it a company, and that's how they basically acted. A big name got voted out of the company because he is fucking up their success into making money.

Give Scott what he wants, and let him embarrass himself in whatever way he chooses to. Maybe he'll finally sit his ass at home and stop giving himself such an awful reputation.

I agree that if Scott got paid off it'd be great because he'd just stay at home (and maybe finally get sober), or at the very least he'd stop butchering the STP songs live.  His performances right now are damaging STP's legacy.  I'm glad STP with Chester is out there to counteract it, if Scott's BS was the only STP act out there it'd be very sad.

The DeLeos and Kretz definitely picked Chester and kept the STP name for monetary reasons, but the difference between them and Scott is that the DeLeos/Kretz actually care about being a professional fan friendly act.  They want to show up on time, release new music in a timely manner, make sure the performances are well rehearsed etc.  Scott just goes out there and half asses it for a paycheck, rather than trying to put on a good show and giving his customers their money's worth.  Dean and Robert actually talked about that a lot in recent interviews, how it's their job to serve their paying fans and make sure they get their money's worth.

The bottom line is after working their asses off for over 20 years, why should the STP guys have to go with an unknown singer and struggle playing clubs just because Scott can't get his shit together?

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Another thought, if the original STP ever reunite down the line that'll be very interesting legally.  Whoever has the leverage will probably get the better end of it.  If the DeLeos/Kretz have the leverage I'll bet they'd have Scott sign on as a contracted performer, kind of like Kiss do.  If Scott's got more leverage he'll probably work it out so they can never fire him again.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

I agree that if Scott got paid off it'd be great because he'd just stay at home (and maybe finally get sober), or at the very least he'd stop butchering the STP songs live.  His performances right now are damaging STP's legacy.  I'm glad STP with Chester is out there to counteract it, if Scott's BS was the only STP act out there it'd be very sad.

The DeLeos and Kretz definitely picked Chester and kept the STP name for monetary reasons, but the difference between them and Scott is that the DeLeos/Kretz actually care about being a professional fan friendly act.  They want to show up on time, release new music in a timely manner, make sure the performances are well rehearsed etc.  Scott just goes out there and half asses it for a paycheck, rather than trying to put on a good show and giving his customers their money's worth.  Dean and Robert actually talked about that a lot in recent interviews, how it's their job to serve their paying fans and make sure they get their money's worth.

The bottom line is after working their asses off for over 20 years, why should the STP guys have to go with an unknown singer and struggle playing clubs just because Scott can't get his shit together?
True
If you only knew..