September 30, 2024, 01:33:35 PM

Author Topic: SCOTT WEILAND Says His Former Bandmates In STP Will Have To 'Buy Him Out' Of Com  (Read 7287 times)

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
A tweet from tonight's HOB Orlando show:

@mybluheaven: Scott Weiland's band should have their respective instruments shoved up their assholes. Especially the drummer...the whole fucking kit

Personally, I think the Wildabouts have shown a big improvement on his leg of the tour...but clearly not everyone agrees.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I bet Scott's lawyer is on the phone to him constantly, begging him to shut the fuck up. When you're in litigation like this, you keep your mouth shut and let it run its course. If Scott is wrong about this, and let's face it he probably is, him talking shit in public about it is not going to go down well in court.

It's like he can't help himself though.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I bet Scott's lawyer is on the phone to him constantly, begging him to shut the fuck up. When you're in litigation like this, you keep your mouth shut and let it run its course. If Scott is wrong about this, and let's face it he probably is, him talking shit in public about it is not going to go down well in court.

It's like he can't help himself though.

Well to me, this seems to be the only thing Scott's said in the last few years that I almost can see being true. Their lawyers should be smart enough to put it in the contact that you have to give the person reasonable time to deal with the issues before firing them. Sure they gave him a long time, but did they actually give him reasonable time to correct the issue after telling him they want him out? How long is reasonable time and when does that time start? It makes since...

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott's definitely keeping it real in this interview.  We're all here in this world to make a living.  STP is a company, sounds like a partnership, but just like Steve Jobs with Apple he can be asked to leave the Company that he had a big part in creating.  But the partnership does have to be dissolved and a new one forms when a change occurs.  I'm assuming he holds a 25% stake in partnership and there's value that needs to be extracted out of partnership to relieve Scott of his ownership.  The Deleos know this and it's a matter of how much.  The crazy thing in something like this is someone in Scott's position has tremendous leverage assuming they truly want him out.  It would not be uncommon for Scott to negotiate something where he still gets 25% and the new partnership w/ Chester split the remaining 75% of future earnings.  Thus, Scott would be at 25% and the Deleos, Kretz and Chester get 18% each and then Scott gets a $10m payoff for agreeing to not be a part of the STP lineup going forward.  This is typically done to minimize the immediate cash impact payout.  If they wanted to remove Scott completely they'd have to pay him something outrageous like $50m.  Oh and Scott gets to continue playing STP songs in his solo sets.

The Deleos definitely have an uphill climb.   It's the cost of having more control of your future destiny.  But it is EXPENSIVE to do this.  The Deleos  are hoping that they can prove damages that can offset this amount.  Because if they can't bring the payout down, they could be working for Scott for the rest of their careers or the equivalent of them making $10m to pay him off plus 25%.  Crazy.

This is why you start another band.  But the Deleos have proven they will risk the brand and their fans with these foolish decisions to have Scott bend to their will.  Probably will not happen this time either as Scott has them by the balls.  Stupid if you ask me.   

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
lol if you think Scott is ahead in the court case you're as delusional as he is.  He's contradicted himself a million times, and in the lawsuit documents we've seen a contract referenced that gives the other guys the right to kick him out for a variety of reasons (being drunk, choosing to do his solo tour over STP despite STP being his first priority in the contract).

The DeLeos aren't stupid.  If they were they wouldn't have gone after Chester so fast and started performing under the STP name.  They knew they had/have the legal right, if they didn't they would have sat it out and waited to move forward.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
Good god all you all do anymore is bitch about Scott.  Yes he's got some serious problems but god if I had to read/listen to your all's constant yammering about how pathetic he is I would be a drunk too.  Stop talking out of your asses about stuff you all know nothing about.  You all aren't fucking lawyers, you all don't know what's going on behind the scenes or what really happened between the band.  Jesus tapdancing Christ why are you all even here?  If you don't like how he's performing then don't go to his shows or buy his music and move the fuck on.

Good god its fucking annoying and far more pathetic than Scott ever has been.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:36:43 PM by Lazy Divey »

IdahoSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Amen..........   

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Good god all you all do anymore is bitch about Scott.  Yes he's got some serious problems but god if I had to read/listen to your all's constant yammering about how pathetic he is I would be a drunk too.  Stop talking out of your asses about stuff you all know nothing about.  You all aren't fucking lawyers, you all don't know what's going on behind the scenes or what really happened between the band.  Jesus tapdancing Christ why are you all even here?  If you don't like how he's performing then don't go to his shows or buy his music and move the fuck on.

Good god its fucking annoying and far more pathetic than Scott ever has been.

I was excited to see this website back on, but the constant Weiland bashing is just making me not wanna even bother keeping up with the fan notes or whatever anymore.
I hate to say this, but god forbid we hear news about Scott being found dead. The same people that continue to trash him will probably just say he had it coming while of course being bummed out about it. Scott instantly goes on their shit list if he isn't entertaining them in the way THEY WANT.

I got into silly arguments with multiple people because I chose not to completely support the reunion, who some claimed was the greatest thing ever. It should have never happened; at least not in 2008.
Scott was a fucking mess, but interestingly enough, the ones bitching about him now were all fucking jolly about the entire thing because they were please by him doing what they wanted out of him.
As soon as Scott decided to dedicate time to his solo effort, people bitched. It's always gonna be that way, and these are the same stupid hecklers at the shows.

I can honestly say that I could care less if Scott doesn't return to STP. To me, the band died in 2002. STP, as Scott put it, is a company now. I think it's cool the boys are continuing their legacy, even though I don't fully agree with their choices, I do understand that they wanna make a living of their hard work. I want Scott to get better, and from some of the recent footage, if he tries, he's completely capable of getting back up there. But of course, some believe that to be delusional, and think everything Scott does nowadays is garbage... Because he's not with STP. It's fucking stupid.
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
I think Scott could definitely be great again if sober without STP.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11