October 03, 2024, 10:18:08 AM

Author Topic: Chester Bennington having his own section on BE  (Read 7418 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Chester Bennington having his own section on BE
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
I think criticism of Chester's performances and music with STP is valid, I just disagree with those who go after him personally or try to claim he's doing it for the wrong reasons/money.

That's the point I'm trying to make. If you don't like Chester's voice or melodic sense or whatever, I can understand that. But the people who are bitching never say anything like that. They say he's a douchebag or a piece of shit or whatever, and that he's trying to copy Scott and ruining the band etc.

If you don't like his melodic sense or even the sound of his voice, I'll understand that. But don't call him a piece of shit when he's the nicest guy in the band right now, and don't say he's off key when he quite clearly isn't.

He's the only guy in this situation who ISN'T motivated by money whatsoever, why is he the guy getting all the vitriol?
Grab the hate and drown it out...

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »
I think criticism of Chester's performances and music with STP is valid, I just disagree with those who go after him personally or try to claim he's doing it for the wrong reasons/money.

That's the point I'm trying to make. If you don't like Chester's voice or melodic sense or whatever, I can understand that. But the people who are bitching never say anything like that.

Are you serious? That is the ONLY reason why people are bitching

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 05:44:31 PM »
I don't know Chester, and I don't think he's a bad guy (I'd take Weiland's spot in STP if offered, too), but my biggest problem with new STP is the vocal style and melodies. I can only criticize based off one song, but in my opinion "Out of Time" sounds like a typical post-2000s radio rock song. There's not a whole lot that's unique about it lyrically or melodically. Again, I'll have to wait to hear the other songs, but for right now that's my biggest problem with new STP.

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 09:23:07 PM »
Nobody knows if Out of Time is indicative of STPs new sound. To me, it's not an artistic statement. It's more of an actual statement, the band is telling Scott that time's up. I can't imagine judging any band on one song.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 11:08:43 PM »

That's the point I'm trying to make. If you don't like Chester's voice or melodic sense or whatever, I can understand that. But the people who are bitching never say anything like that.

I've seen far more comments accusing Chester of performing poorly or being a douchebag than I have seen intelligent comments of "He just doesn't suit my personal tastes."

Sorry, but I think it's bullshit that we hold Chester to a higher standard than Scott. If Scott showed up sober and on time, sang the songs on key, and was gracious and loving toward the fans we'd be fucking ecstatic. Chester does all those things, but it's not enough for us.

Scott wrote a simple rock song in 2010, and we all said it should have been the single to represent the album. Chester writes a simple rock song, and it's somehow undeserving of STP.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:21:24 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 09:22:39 PM »
Completely disagree, the band is the band and I support the band, so w/e they wanna do is good by me. So if having it's own section on BE is blasphemy, then call me guilty.

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 04:50:09 AM »

I've seen far more comments accusing Chester of performing poorly or being a douchebag than I have seen intelligent comments of "He just doesn't suit my personal tastes."

I'm sure you have seen plenty of comments accusing Chester of performing poorly, we all have. That's the beef right there and the main reason why 90% of the STP fan base is pissed off

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 04:59:47 AM »
Chester Bennington is trash and responsible for some of the worst music of the 2000's which is actually saying a lot. Need I say more? That's why STP fans are so pissed off. The world knows he's trash and it's a complete embarrassment for him to be in STP.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 06:15:31 AM »

I'm sure you have seen plenty of comments accusing Chester of performing poorly, we all have. That's the beef right there and the main reason why 90% of the STP fan base is pissed off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aM0uBO81HU
Let's be real though... That is better than the vast majority of Scott performances of these songs post-reunion.  I wish it was Scott singing that well, but it's not.  Still pretty good though
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)