October 03, 2024, 12:26:28 PM

Author Topic: Chester Bennington having his own section on BE  (Read 7425 times)

Silver guns and Candybars

Chester Bennington having his own section on BE
« on: August 23, 2013, 05:14:25 AM »
Is a pretty depressing sight isn't it?

Robert DeNiro

Re: Chester Bennington having his own section on BE
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 06:14:52 PM »
Still very very disgruntled about the whole situation, but I will give the upcoming album an honest chance

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 07:34:08 PM »
Is a pretty depressing sight isn't it?
It's a good sight and if anything else it's hilarious if anyone thinks it's depressing. It's just like any relationship or bad break up. Get over it people and move on already! lol
Looking forward to the new STP tunes!

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »
Well he doesn't have a section on the "Band members" forum
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 09:44:54 PM »
Still sick to my stomach about Chester fucking Bennington fronting my favorite band. New song is G-A-R-B-A-G-E. Never thought I would say this but I hope Linkin Park gets back together ( hurt my fingers to type such a thing ) so the STP legacy can stop being spat on.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 11:28:50 PM »
Still sick to my stomach about Chester fucking Bennington fronting my favorite band. New song is G-A-R-B-A-G-E. Never thought I would say this but I hope Linkin Park gets back together ( hurt my fingers to type such a thing ) so the STP legacy can stop being spat on.

Yeah, Bennington is the cause of Scott's erratic behavior and spotty performances.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 11:53:41 PM »
I'm still pretty disgusted as well over CB fronting STP... It's just appalling on so many levels.

Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 01:19:17 AM »
I'm sorry, I can't hear all of you bitching over the sound of Chester singing on key.

Seriously though, I get being depressed about the band breaking up and all but why the fuck is everyone so pissed at the one guy in all of this who care more about US fans than anyone else invovled? Chester's a great singer, and a pretty damn nice guy, and aside from being in a relatively shitty band (sorry LP fans) he hasn't really done anything a wrong... Why is this the guy we're pissed at? Because you dislike the music he writes for another genre?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:26:42 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 03:01:56 AM »
I'm sorry, I can't hear all of you bitching over the sound of Chester singing on key.

Seriously though, I get being depressed about the band breaking up and all but why the fuck is everyone so pissed at the one guy in all of this who care more about US fans than anyone else invovled? Chester's a great singer, and a pretty damn nice guy, and aside from being in a relatively shitty band (sorry LP fans) he hasn't really done anything a wrong... Why is this the guy we're pissed at? Because you dislike the music he writes for another genre?

That's what's funny, Chester makes bank in Linkin Park and is likely richer than Scott, Rob, Dean, and Eric combined.  Scott even seemed bewildered by Chester's decision to replace him during his recent rant, mentioning how much money Linkin Park makes.  Chester's doing it because he loves STP and not for the money.  Not a big Linkin Park fan but he's done nothing to disrespect the legacy so far as far as live performances and the single released.  The EP obviously will be a big make or break when it comes to how Chester clicks with the guys musically.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Txloungefly

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 04:22:39 AM »
I'm sorry, I can't hear all of you bitching over the sound of Chester singing on key..

Sorry, but I don't agree that he is singing on key.  Just because he dances around like Scott does not mean that he sounds better than Scott in any way. 

I know it's hard to tell from cell phone videos, but Chester just does not sound good.  Seeing Scott live this tour twice and STP last year, I would say he sounds much better.  Yes, I got a couple of great shows - I am not saying he is perfect at every one, but a karoke version does not make Chester a great lead singer for this band.

No, I don't blame Chester for the decisions that the Deleo's/Kretz made, but it still just doesn't seem right

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 05:59:15 AM »
I'm sorry, I can't hear all of you bitching over the sound of Chester singing on key..

Sorry, but I don't agree that he is singing on key.  Just because he dances around like Scott does not mean that he sounds better than Scott in any way. 

I know it's hard to tell from cell phone videos, but Chester just does not sound good.  Seeing Scott live this tour twice and STP last year, I would say he sounds much better.  Yes, I got a couple of great shows - I am not saying he is perfect at every one, but a karoke version does not make Chester a great lead singer for this band.

No, I don't blame Chester for the decisions that the Deleo's/Kretz made, but it still just doesn't seem right

Sorry, but he is quite literally on key. He is singing the exact notes from the album versions in almost every case. There may be a few notes that are out of his range, but in those cases he always sings almost exactly one half-step below the original note. Believe me, the guy is nailing the songs.

Scott on the other hand insists on hitting notes a half or whole step higher than the album versions, causing his voice to crack almost every time he sings a majority of his own songs. Meanwhile, his band is often actually playing those songs a half step down. The effect? Scott is WAY off key.

Chester's voice does, however, sound quite a bit different from Scott's... So I guess in that way it sounds a bit "off" to people... But that doesn't change the fact that he is singing the songs pretty much note for note.

So basically, it is comparable to Dean being replaced with a guitarist who could play the songs note for note, but just didn't have the same tone... And I get that that is a valid argument, but you can't really help it if that situation involved Dean being so fucked up he couldn't play right.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:09:03 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 06:24:12 AM »
I don't understand why people aren't allowed to fucking bitch about Bennington??
Why?!
Everyone jumps the gun on anyone on here that says they can't stand Bennington. Let people bitch all they want. Everyone bitches enough about Scott and trash Doug Grean Plenty.

Some are extremely passionate about the original band, and if this is the way to express their frustrations, then let them be.

I'm just incredibly glad to know that Robert is helping with his melodies because Chester doesn't really have a sense of the groovy melodic sense that STP has carried through the years thanks to Scott.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:28:00 AM by VelvetLounngeFly »
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 10:29:46 AM »
I don't understand why people aren't allowed to fucking bitch about Bennington??
Why?!
Everyone jumps the gun on anyone on here that says they can't stand Bennington. Let people bitch all they want. Everyone bitches enough about Scott and trash Doug Grean Plenty.

Some are extremely passionate about the original band, and if this is the way to express their frustrations, then let them be.

I'm just incredibly glad to know that Robert is helping with his melodies because Chester doesn't really have a sense of the groovy melodic sense that STP has carried through the years thanks to Scott.

I think criticism of Chester's performances and music with STP is valid, I just disagree with those who go after him personally or try to claim he's doing it for the wrong reasons/money.

I think the DeLeos/Kretz helping out with the melodies and maybe even some lyrics is a good thing.  They did a lot of that on Talk Show and imo that was a really good album.  I know supposedly the DeLeos worked on the melody for Out of Time with Chester, but I wouldn't be shocked if they had a hand in the lyrics too.  The song kind of seems like it could be about Scott.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 11:00:34 AM »
Why?!

I think criticism of Chester's performances and music with STP is valid, I just disagree with those who go after him personally or try to claim he's doing it for the wrong reasons/money.

I think the DeLeos/Kretz helping out with the melodies and maybe even some lyrics is a good thing.  They did a lot of that on Talk Show and imo that was a really good album.  I know supposedly the DeLeos worked on the melody for Out of Time with Chester, but I wouldn't be shocked if they had a hand in the lyrics too.  The song kind of seems like it could be about Scott.

I agree on everything.
If you only knew..

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 02:23:36 PM »

As was said in some recent interview, Chester wrote all of the lyrics and the entire band collaborated for a melody.
However, I don't think it was because he struggled to come up with a decent melody. It's just a result of the full band working together at the same room.

Dean also said that Chester came up with a great musical idea for some song on the upcoming EP. Should we scream "Boooo" on Dean for not doing it all by himself?

By the way, I remember some interview from the pre-Self-Titled era where Robert said that they are recording intrumental tracks and are sending them to Scott with a "scratch" of melody recorded by Robert. He added something along the lines of "After so many years of work with Scott, you kinda know what to expect from him".
Personally I highly doubt everything credited solely to Scott was really written all by himself.  There's a lot of hints/clues that some of the things credited to Scott were really written with the help of other people.

It's not like I want to discredit Scott or his creative talents. Just don't think that the lyrics or instrumental track written in collaborative effort is a cheat or something.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:26:26 PM by Tyrant »
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland