September 30, 2024, 09:17:28 PM

Author Topic: STP are no.1 Active Rock.  (Read 11933 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: STP are no.1 Active Rock.
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2013, 08:03:21 PM »
Yet to hear it on radio in Los Angeles.  Good luck with that....

I've heard it multiple times on KROQ.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 01:08:55 AM »

This song isn't playing on KROQ.  It hasn't played once in the last 8 days.  Probably played a couple of times in December when they debuted it.  It hasn't been in their rotation in months.  The only reason it got a bump recently is because they announced some shows in 2nd tier markets.  This is a bogus ranking.  Sorry.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 01:31:16 AM »

This song isn't playing on KROQ.  It hasn't played once in the last 8 days.  Probably played a couple of times in December when they debuted it.  It hasn't been in their rotation in months.  The only reason it got a bump recently is because they announced some shows in 2nd tier markets.  This is a bogus ranking.  Sorry.

Yeah they debuted it in December.

The times I heard it were in May and June.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 01:36:50 AM »

Not on KROQ, probably on your IPOD.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2013, 01:57:46 AM »

Not on KROQ, probably on your IPOD.

They played it on KROQ, and I don't even listen that much.  I remember one afternoon they were doing one of their 'block party' things where they play 2 songs by a band back to back and they did Sex Type Thing/Out of Time.  I recall hearing it 2 or 3 other times, but not so much recently.  If you turned down Scott's Christmas record you might have heard it.

iamthewscott

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2013, 02:24:58 AM »
Who listens to FM Radio?   I drive a lot for work and I've seen that its been playing on Sirius XM Octane several times a day and I don't even listen to that station because their rotation is shite.

For what its worth.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 08:35:13 AM »
Wow some bitter people here. Chris Pepper, the record is doing well, it's desperately sad that this upsets you so much. Stop being such a monumental dick.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »
I think Out Of Time is a great tune. Great energy. Can't wait to hear the new tunes...kinda wish it was going to be more than just an EP.

I also hope Scott puts out a great new album. I'm curious to hear what they have done in that camp...if anything.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
I think Out Of Time is a great tune. Great energy. Can't wait to hear the new tunes...kinda wish it was going to be more than just an EP.

I also hope Scott puts out a great new album. I'm curious to hear what they have done in that camp...if anything.
+1 on both points.

Did the Wildabouts perform with Scott on the Christmas album? I don't own a copy of that abomination, so I can't check. I'm just wondering if that might provide a glimpse of what's to come on that front. If, like you said, anything is to come at all.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »
I too would like to hear more than an EP, but I think we'd be waiting until well into next year for that amount of material. Better they keep the momentum going with a quicker release IMO.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 02:49:12 PM »

+1 on both points.

Did the Wildabouts perform with Scott on the Christmas album? I don't own a copy of that abomination, so I can't check. I'm just wondering if that might provide a glimpse of what's to come on that front. If, like you said, anything is to come at all.

I couldn't see much info about the Christmas album on Wiki, but I had always assumed that was mostly just a Scott & Doug Grean effort. I really hope that album is not an example of what is to come from Weiland. Personally, I was not impressed with HIG either.

- Ron Burgundy

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 02:51:46 PM »
Personally, I was not impressed with HIG either.
Me neither. IMO, 12BB was a masterpiece. HIG, not so much.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »
I too would like to hear more than an EP, but I think we'd be waiting until well into next year for that amount of material. Better they keep the momentum going with a quicker release IMO.

Actually, this probably is the better way to go about releasing new music. 5 songs now, 5 next summer...maybe. Something like that. Do we have an idea, yet, of when the EP is due?

- Ron Burgundy

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »
Personally, I was not impressed with HIG either.
Me neither. IMO, 12BB was a masterpiece. HIG, not so much.

Nice. I still listen to 12BB. Regular iPod rotation.

- Ron Burgundy

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2013, 03:15:22 PM »
12BB is an amazing album, you can really get the sense of the turmoil he was in at that time, the album is all over the place in terms of style and influence, but totally inspired and committed. I guess the problem with HiG is that he is still in turmoil, but the years of abuse have robbed him of his inspiration and commitment. It's not a bad album, but I just don't feel it. It's a little bland and unexciting.

As far as the EP goes, I expect it'll be out either soon after the mini-tour while the band is fresh in people's minds. The tour is too close now for the EP to come out beforehand it seems.