September 20, 2024, 12:03:56 AM

Author Topic: TMZ: Stone Temple Pilots sues Scott Weiland  (Read 14585 times)

artcrimestudios

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: TMZ: Stone Temple Pilots sues Scott Weiland
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2013, 04:18:17 AM »
I'd argue that a band with only 3 of the 4 members would classify as a band of former members and as such they shouldn't be touring under the name Stone Temple Pilots.....I haven't see Scott ever tour with anyone else and call himself STP.
Sometimes I think that I can kill the world
If just for a day
but I\'d just be stuck with myself again
And I don\'t think I wanna be my only friend

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2013, 04:20:51 AM »
@Shangri

It hurts. Damn, it really hurts. Feels like someone beloved died.
That is exactly how it feels
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2013, 04:22:21 AM »
AIC is being Sued by Laynes mother

For what?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2013, 04:24:28 AM »
I gotta admit, I feel a little sorry for Weiland right now.

I don't. The full story will come out in time. The idea that the Deleos & Kretz are nasty & vindictive is simply ridiculous imo. Something happened.

The DeLeo's & Kretz made a clear & conscious decision to use the STP name to promote a band that's not STP (clearly for marketability &/or spite).  So regardless of what happened... that's about as petty & low as it gets. 
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

chrisr8

• Douche
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2013, 04:26:02 AM »
Scott= DOUCHE! BOOHOO. I was hurt. I hope so. You had this coming. So eat a bag of dicks and have fun on your solo tour with the walkabouts,

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2013, 04:38:38 AM »
This is stupid.  Scott's a douche for his alcohol abuse and the Deleos are just coming off as assholes.  I don't think either side are in the right.

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2013, 04:45:30 AM »
Welp, thats it folks. I think both sides should just step down and retire the STP name altogether. At least for the time being. I was supportive of Chester fronting STP for a while there but maybe its for the best. All this publicity is sure to get whatever project they would call themselves ticket sales.

Lets just cherish what they already gave us in the past.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2013, 04:47:35 AM »
I cannot stand the fucking Deleos and Kretz. Teaming up on Scott like this. I would almost bet they have their own problems they bring to the table. It always will be Scott who gets blammed. I'm sick of it!

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2013, 04:50:09 AM »
I cannot stand the fucking Deleos and Kretz. Teaming up on Scott like this. I would almost bet they have their own problems they bring to the table. It always will be Scott who gets blammed. I'm sick of it!

You do have a point.  Yes Scott has issues but I'm sure (as even Scott has said before) everyone in the band has their issues.  He just has the class to not spew every other band member's dirty laundry *cough* Dean *cough*

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2013, 04:50:42 AM »
And this pretty much explains why the band "fired" Scott the way they did...to screw him over for the name rights:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/stone-temple-pilots-sue-frontman-scott-weiland-19254103#.UaAuuLWR-6U

The lawsuit states the band entered into agreements in 1996 and 2010 that state that no former members can use the Stone Temple Pilots name.

"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2013, 04:51:05 AM »

You do have a point.  Yes Scott has issues but I'm sure (as even Scott has said before) everyone in the band has their issues, but he's the one that always gets the blame (A lot of it is warranted though)

He just has the class to not spew every other band member's dirty laundry *cough* Dean *cough*

edit:  oops quote is not modify

onecagedtiger

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2013, 04:55:11 AM »
Ok. I don't think Anyone is trying to ban Scott from performing the songs -it sounds like it to prevent him from using the stp name.  I have been a fan from the start- and have had my heart broken by Scott numerous times.  How soon we all forget the arrests that cancelled tours- the binges that cancelled shows- the hours of being late and countless shows that were horrible and painful to watch.  I love the music and nothing will ever change that.  How the music and the words have touched my soul will never change.  But the reality is that Scott's past has financially hurt the band as a whole- remember when there was issues booking tour dates because promoters were wary of scott being able to finish a tour? Remember this before we all react by emotion- I don't think this was a decision based on the past tour but over the events of the past 20 years.  I wish them all well- I will cherish everything that they have done together and separately. 

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2013, 05:04:29 AM »
This went from a band sick of a man who could never get his demons under control to an obvious cash grab.

Today I went from adoring the DeLeos and Kretz and shaking my head at Scott to just losing respect for everyone involved. This isn't gonna look good for STP, and I'm sure it'll hurt Chester's rep a little too.

Dick move by all involved
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2013, 05:04:46 AM »
Neither side can be 100% right in this fight....

BUT, the band really seems to be a bunch of petty cunts.  Sure, Scott has been battling drugs forever now, but it's not like others in the band haven't had their share of problems too, especially Dean.  So, it's a bit hypocritical for them to be throwing this at Scott while they try to fuck him over. 

Without Scott they likely wouldn't have become as successful as they are, let alone lived the lives they had.... So to turn around and fire him, sue him, then piss away STP's legacy just for the sake of a potential payday with Chester is about as low as it gets (especially for a bunch of guys with happy families, who aren't on drugs, or hurting for money).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:09:18 AM by STEAK »
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

onecagedtiger

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2013, 05:05:44 AM »
Ok- just read that article.  Not letting him play the songs is bad-and hopefully just a ploy. He does have rights as the writer of the song. Ai yi yi.