September 20, 2024, 12:21:37 AM

Author Topic: TMZ: Stone Temple Pilots sues Scott Weiland  (Read 14587 times)

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
Re: TMZ: Stone Temple Pilots sues Scott Weiland
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 03:07:45 AM »
@Shangri

It hurts. Damn, it really hurts. Feels like someone beloved died.
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Jimil

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 03:09:26 AM »
This is what I don't get.  $TThree says the Weiland tried to interfere with the release of their single.

But in the Weenie Roast interview, when K & B asked the Bros if Weiland knew about their performance, they said "He does now". Major changes to the site was during the Weenie Roast performance and the single was out, what that night or the next day.

Even Chester said everything they were doing was on the DL. 

So WHEN would Weiland try  to interfere?

Weiland isn't the only bad guy in STP. The DeLeos, especially Robert, are bad.

You summed up my feelings about this entire mess in one sentence. Although it is upsetting to think they are all a bunch of d-bags.

KellyD

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 03:14:03 AM »
Scott's lawyers started this by trying to stop KROQ from playing STP's new single. This lawsuit wasn't filled till this past Friday.

No one knows the whole story, but from what I do know is that Scott was completely unreliable for showing up to shows. I heard a friend of mine say that it was a guess lately if STP would play or not. I mean really? ANY OTHER PROFESSION he would have been fired ages ago, but the rest of STP has tried to stick with him.

Let me tell you, if the band I PAYED to see cancelled the show because the lead singer was too out of it to play or just didn't give a damn about the fans to try or just sucked when he did, then no way am I ever paying to see them again. So Scott missing out on whatever shows he did will highly effect them in the future. 

You have to remember that these are not all hardcore fans going to the show. A good portion are casual fans who just want a night of good music.

I think STP has been more then generous dealing with Scott. I mean the guy is a great musician, but he's not the be all end all of artists. I'm not saying Chester is at his level because Chester hasn't gotten a chance to show us what he can do, but I think some rose colored glasses need to be removed here.

Scott has been interfering with DeLeo and Kratz's LIVELIHOOD. The guys are in their 50s now, and they've given Scott NUMEROUS chances to try and get better. What more could you guys possibly want from them? They can't wait forever for Scott to become a reliable member.

However, I don't think it's right that they're trying to deny Scott the rights to the songs he's created. And I also, don't think it's right that Scott FIRST tried to stop KROQ from playing Out of Time, when it was just the rest of STP trying to salvage the mess Scott turned it into.

"Enough is enough," the band's lawsuit states. "Without relief from the court, Weiland will continue violating STP's rights, misappropriating STP assets and interfering with the band's livelihood."

I feel like this lawsuit is more about trying to stop Scott from interfering with the new STP, then actually trying to take away rights from Scott. (Since I find it hard to believe they can do that) I mean I don't know the DeLeos or Kratz, but I feel like they could give a shit what Scott does with his solo stuff, as long as he leaves them in peace to create new music.
Numbrocker on LPLive: http://lplive.net

stpemmy

• Flight Attendant
  • Profile pic taken at Musikfest, August 5, 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 03:20:38 AM »
Scott responds on facebook:
"A letter to my fans,

Like everybody else out there, I read about my band, Stone Temple Pilots, and their recent performance this past weekend with a new singer. To tell you the truth, it took me by surprise. And it hurt.

But the band that played last weekend was not Stone Temple Pilots and it was wrong of them to present themselves as that.

First of all they don't have the legal right to call themselves STP because I'm still a member of the band. And more importantly, they don't have the ethical right to call themselves Stone Temple Pilots because it's misleading and dishonest to the millions of fans that have followed us for so many years.

When I tour on my own, it's never as Stone Temple Pilots. It's as Scott Weiland. The fans deserve to know what they're getting.

Like any band that's stood the test of time and made music for more than two decades, STP had a special alchemy - the four of us together were greater than any one of us apart. So if my former bandmates want to tour with a new singer, that's their prerogative.

I don't give a fuck what they call themselves, but it's not Stone Temple Pilots.
 And so I say to you, our fans, I'll see you out there on the road this summer where I'm touring as "Scott Weiland" with my band The Wildabouts. But don't give up on STP. I know I haven't.

~ Scott"

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 03:25:29 AM »
I can't believe it's come to this. This is only going to get uglier and uglier. This makes me so sad. If they have to go their separate ways I was hoping for the high road, but obviously at this point the gloves are completely off. The only possible explanation for Scott's silence is that the lawyers have put a big time gag order on him.

You took the words right out of my mouth
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 03:27:07 AM »

"Enough is enough," the band's lawsuit states. "Without relief from the court, Weiland will continue violating STP's rights, misappropriating STP assets and interfering with the band's livelihood."

I feel like this lawsuit is more about trying to stop Scott from interfering with the new STP, then actually trying to take away rights from Scott. (Since I find it hard to believe they can do that) I mean I don't know the DeLeos or Kratz, but I feel like they could give a shit what Scott does with his solo stuff, as long as he leaves them in peace to create new music.

But that doesn't seem to be the case, if these articles are to be believed. They also want to interfere with Scott's livelihood by taking away from him all rights to STP, the names, the songs, everything. And that is way too much, in my opinion. I can understand (even if I don't like it) all the rest, but this is taking it a step farther than it really needs to be.

I really hope they can sort this whole thing out, so everyone, both Scott, and the DeLeos/Kretz can go on making music without stepping on each other's toes. Hopefully, if they get a fair judge, this will happen.
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 03:28:15 AM »
And this ladies and gentlemen is how you take your feel-good, redemptive buzz and turn it into a negative story.

I think everybody saw a lawsuit coming in one form or another.

Maybe from Scott, I don;t think anyone saw this coming, man.  ChesTP has gone from looking like 3 guys who just needed to get out of an unhealthy relationship, to 3 guys bullying and beating down a man whose "sickeness" is down right debilitating at times. 

They're going after his money, AND his ability to make money. 

Not specifically how I see it, but from the outside looking in....this is what it looks like.

Goddamn, Weiland is just too naive for his own good.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

DesertSun81

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 03:33:35 AM »
WOW, what a mess.  This has gone from bad to worse in a hurry. It's one thing to get a new singer and carry on without him, but to take him to court and try to strip away his rights to the band when he was a direct contributor to the band's success in the first place from the very beginning? That's going too far...I don't care how fucked up Scott made things when they were together. NOT COOL...

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 03:39:26 AM »
I am officially on Team Scott.  The DeLeos and Kretz really come off as douchebags now.  Trying to block Weiland from playing STP songs?  That's idiotic.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2013, 03:41:23 AM »
AIC is being Sued by Laynes mother

STP is suing Scott

What happened to the times when my favorite bands were together and happy? its such a shitstorm nightmare I just wish it would end and everything go back to the way they were FUCK

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2013, 03:47:20 AM »
For those saying that this is the end of STP: don't worry.  They will reunite for 3 songs at Live 18.  If Pink Floyd can reunite with Roger Waters for 3 songs, STP can reunite with Scott Weiland for 3 songs.  The problem is: it's only 3 songs  :(
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

artcrimestudios

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2013, 03:54:42 AM »
The Deleos disgust me. Its wrong for them to use the STP name w/o Scott. Now they are being vindictive pricks with this law suit. Imagine if the Stones had kicked out Keith Richards and carried on without him...or Dave Grohl and Novoselic getting a new front man and touring as Nirvana. Scott's obviously had real issues but I don't recall Robert being keen to kicking out Dean all those years he too was addicted to Heroin. This is just pettiness on their part....be a class act, get a new singer, call yourself different and walk away leaving your band a little ounce of dignity. All the defenders of the DeLeos are fooling yourself. The only reason STP reunited in the first place was money, the only reason these guys are pulling this stunt is for the money, and the only reason for this lawsuit is...wait for it...money. Funny, for years the media called STP a corporate band...it took a while but they finally became just that. $TP.
Sometimes I think that I can kill the world
If just for a day
but I\'d just be stuck with myself again
And I don\'t think I wanna be my only friend

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2013, 03:56:56 AM »
The Deleos disgust me. Its wrong for them to use the STP name w/o Scott. Now they are being vindictive pricks with this law suit. Imagine if the Stones had kicked out Keith Richards and carried on without him...or Dave Grohl and Novoselic getting a new front man and touring as Nirvana. Scott's obviously had real issues but I don't recall Robert being keen to kicking out Dean all those years he too was addicted to Heroin. This is just pettiness on their part....be a class act, get a new singer, call yourself different and walk away leaving your band a little ounce of dignity. All the defenders of the DeLeos are fooling yourself. The only reason STP reunited in the first place was money, the only reason these guys are pulling this stunt is for the money, and the only reason for this lawsuit is...wait for it...money. Funny, for years the media called STP a corporate band...it took a while but they finally became just that. $TP.

All four of the guys want money.  Nobody's a saint here.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

artcrimestudios

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2013, 04:02:29 AM »
It's rock and roll, I don't need them to be saints... but to paraphase Seth Gecko from Dusk Till Dawn.  They all [/size]may be a basterds[/color][/b][/color][/size], but they don't have to be a f*ckin [/color][/size]bast*rd[/color][/b]
Sometimes I think that I can kill the world
If just for a day
but I\'d just be stuck with myself again
And I don\'t think I wanna be my only friend

KellyD

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2013, 04:14:14 AM »
Another article here: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/stone-temple-pilots-sue-frontman-scott-weiland-19254103#.UaArnpzMhOh

"The lawsuit states the band entered into agreements in 1996 and 2010 that state that no former members can use the Stone Temple Pilots name."

That's so strange. Why would they ever make and sign a contract like that?
Numbrocker on LPLive: http://lplive.net