September 20, 2024, 05:12:38 AM

Author Topic: TMZ: Stone Temple Pilots sues Scott Weiland  (Read 14598 times)

KellyD

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
Re: TMZ: Stone Temple Pilots sues Scott Weiland
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 02:13:41 AM »
This is what I don't get.  $TThree says the Weiland tried to interfere with the release of their single.

But in the Weenie Roast interview, when K & B asked the Bros if Weiland knew about their performance, they said "He does now". Major changes to the site was during the Weenie Roast performance and the single was out, what that night or the next day.

Even Chester said everything they were doing was on the DL. 

So WHEN would Weiland try  to interfere?

Weiland isn't the only bad guy in STP. The DeLeos, especially Robert, are bad.

"The lawsuit claims that Weiland's lawyer called the head of programming at KROQ, a Los Angeles modern rock station, and said if the station played "Out of Time" it would be infringing on Weiland's rights."

I'm pretty sure this means that Weiland's people called after the show when KROQ started to play Out of Time on the radio. I don't think it meant at the show.
Numbrocker on LPLive: http://lplive.net

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 02:18:00 AM »
This is what I don't get.  $TThree says the Weiland tried to interfere with the release of their single.

But in the Weenie Roast interview, when K & B asked the Bros if Weiland knew about their performance, they said "He does now". Major changes to the site was during the Weenie Roast performance and the single was out, what that night or the next day.

"The lawsuit claims that Weiland's lawyer called the head of programming at KROQ, a Los Angeles modern rock station, and said if the station played "Out of Time" it would be infringing on Weiland's rights."

I'm pretty sure this means that Weiland's people called after the show when KROQ started to play Out of Time on the radio. I don't think it meant at the show.
No, no, not at the show, because that's not releasing the song. They're just playing it.
I think the song was released for airwaves during the time it was posted on the sites for the free download. I can't remember.

I was watching the Weenie Roast stream when I was seeing the changes to the site. I went immediately there.

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 02:19:49 AM »
Damnit all. Not sure if there is any coming back from that.

There never was. I think some people thought this was another attempt at "tough love".

Way too late for that. Walk away or embrace the future with CB.

I like CB.  ;)

Well, I don't, so I am walking away.
Even more so after this whole "lawsuit" mess.

"The band wants a judge to block him from even calling himself a former member of the band."

This is the final straw for me. I can understand them wanting to keep the name and moving on with another singer (I really, really don't like it one bit but I can understand it), but this right here is where it gets "vindictive" from their part. There is no need for that.
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 02:22:16 AM »
This is reported by tmz?  I am hoping this is just a rumor
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

KellyD

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 02:23:55 AM »

No, no, not at the show, because that's not releasing the song. They're just playing it.
I think the song was released for airwaves during the time it was posted on the sites for the free download. I can't remember.

I was watching the Weenie Roast stream when I was seeing the changes to the site. I went immediately there.

I think it had to be after. I mean that interview happened right after the show, and no one knew STP were playing, let alone had a new song out. So I bet Weiland's lawyers called the next morning. The show was late, so I doubt it was on the radio that night.

But if I'm remembering wrong, or am just wrong in general, then yeah dick move by the guys. Though it would seem odd to me that they would just blatantly lie.
Numbrocker on LPLive: http://lplive.net

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 02:24:22 AM »
Exactly Manxita. I like the new song. I like the DeLeo's. I don't know how anyone could dislike Kretz. I like Scott. THIS LAWSUIT however, is ridiculous. I don't particularly care if they get along or not (meaning, it's none of my business) but this just looks petty. And it doesn't add up. Scott was the one talking about the tour for like a year before it happened. He's doing the tour now. The band just seems upset. My advice: give it up, change the name, revisit the subject in a few years when you aren't pissed off at each other.

I will still be seeing Scott in San Francisco in 2 weeks, just like I saw him in Boston in March. I will not be seeing "Stone Temple Pilots Featuring Who gives a shit anymore?" unless they change the name. I just think it's stupid.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 02:33:45 AM »

There never was. I think some people thought this was another attempt at "tough love".

I like CB.  ;)

"The band wants a judge to block him from even calling himself a former member of the band."

This is the final straw for me. I can understand them wanting to keep the name and moving on with another singer (I really, really don't like it one bit but I can understand it), but this right here is where it gets "vindictive" from their part. There is no need for that.

Exactly. Wanting to keep the name is one thing, but trying to block Scott from making a living and performing with songs he helped create is not okay. Its ironic to me that they call Scott vindictive and then go on to try and take his entire lifes work and livelihood away from him. 
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 02:37:30 AM »

I like CB.  ;)

That quote is the deal breaker for me, too. At this point, I'm not on anyone's side anymore, but I love how most of the DeLeo supporters act like they know everything that's going on behind the scenes and are so quick to support them and completely turn on Weiland. The reality is, no one here (besides Vaporized obviously) knows exactly what happened behind the scenes. I've just noticed a lot of people coming out of the woodwork saying, "Yeah, I knew Scott was the fuck up and everyone else should have known this." At least Vaporized has been saying that shit for years, while these particular people just started saying it AFTER the new lineup was announced.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 02:49:43 AM »
Seems like you left me when you broke down

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 02:50:18 AM »

I like CB.  ;)

Exactly. Wanting to keep the name is one thing, but trying to block Scott from making a living and performing with songs he helped create is not okay. Its ironic to me that they call Scott vindictive and then go on to try and take his entire lifes work and livelihood away from him. 

The lawsuit says Scott can't promote his tours as 'former STP frontman Scott Weiland' or whatever, it doesn't say that he can't play STP songs.  I think it's a marketing thing.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 03:02:00 AM »
I refuse to take sides. I love four of them. And I'll be forever thankfull for what they've created and shared. But Stone Temple Pilots is over for me since they called themselves STP without Scott

This situation makes me sick. I'm disgusted. And they are all to blame. It's plain sad. And I'm so angry about it. Hurts.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 03:02:53 AM »
I do feel sorry for Scott (though on the other hand, this is all his fault for being unprofessional last year and then childishly throwing together the solo tour as a fuck you to the DeLeos).  He could be broke by the end of this lawsuit, because he will likely lose.  STP with Chester will also kill his ability to draw a crowd, and nobody in the industry outside of the Whatabouts want to work with him.  I'd like to see Scott keep quiet for a few years to get his dignity back, maybe move into producing.  He's got a great ear, as we all know.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 03:03:30 AM »

I like CB.  ;)

The lawsuit says Scott can't promote his tours as 'former STP frontman Scott Weiland' or whatever, it doesn't say that he can't play STP songs.  I think it's a marketing thing.

"The lawsuit claims the band owns the rights to the name Stone Temple Pilots, its songs, copyrights and trademarks."
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 03:05:26 AM »
And this ladies and gentlemen is how you take your feel-good, redemptive buzz and turn it into a negative story.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 03:06:43 AM »
And this ladies and gentlemen is how you take your feel-good, redemptive buzz and turn it into a negative story.

I think everybody saw a lawsuit coming in one form or another.